10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

9 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Axl knew good and well playing Locomotive would garner media attention. They did it for themselves and the fans in attendance obviously, but they definitely knew it would get the diehards, casuals, and media talking. Wonder if there could be more to that. 

You mean to distract from banning Rick? Am I following your insinuation right? 

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You mean to distract from banning Rick? Am I following your insinuation right? 

I actually didn’t think of that, but of course it’s always possible. 

I meant more so something along the lines of an official release of some kind. They play this deep cut for the first time in 27 years, it drums up interest in the media to get people talking, so they follow it up with an announcement saying “oh by the way, we’re releasing an EP soon”. 

Of course, there is a better chance of it snowing here in Texas in the middle of August than that actually happening. Just a theory though.  

Edited by GNRfanJen

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I have to laugh at the people complaining about the woman screaming during stream. 

Not to be all "old timer" about it, but SO much is taken for granted these days. 

To be clear, here's how we would have heard this back in the early 90s:

Someone would have had to have snuck in recording equipment, then got away with recording the entire show. Then it would have been sold to bootleg companies. Then you would have to accidentally find the bootleg in a CD store that happens to sell bootlegs, months if not a year later. 

After all of that, you'd pay at least $60 for a 2 CD set (the going rate in the early 90s for bootlegs), then you'd STILL hear people screaming over the track. 

Instead, everyone gets to watch it literally in the palm of their hand from their couch if they want. Somehow, people still find a way to whine about it lol. 

In short; kids these days! 

She was annoying imagine being beside her for the entire show. Evrytimeva member comes near her, she screams asking for attention. 

For the people at home, sorry bit it's a live video and the person can enjoy their concert experience however they wish! 

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

She was annoying imagine being beside her for the entire show. Evrytimeva member comes near her, she screams asking for attention. 

For the people at home, sorry bit it's a live video and the person can enjoy their concert experience however they wish! 

there would've been a second annoying person beside her if i was there and it would've been more annoying for all them youtube viewers oh nooo call the youtube police

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

I totally hear you about the people around her. I've had more than a few super annoying people around me at concerts over the years. 

My post was solely directed at those who were complaining about it while watching it from their couch. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Who's rick? can someone elaborate on this story - i haven't followed it 

Extremely short version:

Rick is part of the reason all of the leaks happened. 

11 minutes ago, NoMansLand said:

The Locomotive video is on youtube. Shot from somebody in the front row. I don't want to link it in case it gets taken down.

It's been linked in this thread tons of times already. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Nothing worse than someone singing along... seriously, I paid good money to hear the band, not to hear someone singing out of tune next to me.

There's a big difference between singing along and screaming like a Belieber, if someone is just singing along you won't hear them. At least not at a show with heavy guitars.

Also, singing along at GN'R shows helps blending out the Mickey. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I have to laugh at the people complaining about the woman screaming during stream. 

Not to be all "old timer" about it, but SO much is taken for granted these days. 

To be clear, here's how we would have heard this back in the early 90s:

Someone would have had to have snuck in recording equipment, then got away with recording the entire show. Then it would have been sold to bootleg companies. Then you would have to accidentally find the bootleg in a CD store that happens to sell bootlegs, months if not a year later. 

After all of that, you'd pay at least $60 for a 2 CD set (the going rate in the early 90s for bootlegs), then you'd STILL hear people screaming over the track. 

Instead, everyone gets to watch it literally in the palm of their hand from their couch if they want. Somehow, people still find a way to whine about it lol. 

In short; kids these days! 

Not to mention you get full HD video along with the Audio. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Antonio said:

look at the excitement of the audience when they started playing locomotive haha, while I was freaking out in my room when he said "something new"

should be a thrasher of a song in the crowd some pushing and shit should happen but only sorum can drum with that prowess to incite some hard core in the crowd 

2 minutes ago, Birk said:

Did the people even know what the fuck was going on when Locomotive played??? I would of been going fuckin nuts....when i seen this played i was already checking tour dates on what show i can fly to lol

Axl said before start that its the first time since 92, sooo more or less, but probably they don´t know the song.

I gotta say this song really fits Axls low voice and that makes it awesome. There's no way he would be able to sing it with rasp all the way through like he used to but that's not even needed for it to sound awesome. They actually picked a perfect one to dust off. I really think Dead Horse is actually way harder for him to pull off vocally without resorting to the clean vocals