10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

22 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You do if they're standing a feet away from you and they're singing really loud.

Haha fair enough. I can understand that. I'm someone who sings along, it's more lipsyncing anyway since I really don't like the sound of my own voice. Plus I can't sing for shit. :facepalm: But I can't help mumbling along with something I like.

As for the screamers;  The best ones are the people that know about 3 lines and the chorus but still manage to scream along for 3+ hours

But trust me; I am a bíg hiphop fan, and I used to go to a lot of concerts and festivals when I was younger. But those crowds are the worst. These people dón't know the songs, they just know the artist because of instagram or whatever. They scream, take 70+ photos of their "squad" in front of the stage and the rest of the show they're just talking really loud because they have no idea what songs are being played. 

I have no idea what happened to festival/concert goers these past 2 decades. But they killed the vibe.

Edited by UcudBmine
  • Like 1

Just saw Locomotive vid on youtube, great performance! Apart from a few sections Axl sounded supercool, his whole approach was awesome. Bit older, more relaxed but just cooler because of that. 

I'm sure somebody already mentioned it but Melissa should sing all the "Love's so strange" lines while Axl does his "Hay Hay" stuff, would sound awesome! 

• Like 1

This is what happens when Axl learns a song from scratch (after not singing it in 27 years).

If he would do that with all the songs in the setlist, we would be getting much better performances. He needs to re-learn them all again to suit them for his current voice.

Imagine Civil War, for example. That song today is IMO the worst in the setlist. Worse than November Rain, worse than SCOM, worse than YCBM.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

This is what happens when Axl learns a song from scratch (after not singing it in 27 years).

If he would do that with all the songs in the setlist, we would be getting much better performances. He needs to re-learn them all again to suit them for his current voice.

This is a good point.

24 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Just saw Locomotive vid on youtube, great performance! Apart from a few sections Axl sounded supercool, his whole approach was awesome. Bit older, more relaxed but just cooler because of that. 

I'm sure somebody already mentioned it but Melissa should sing all the "Love's so strange" lines while Axl does his "Hay Hay" stuff, would sound awesome! 

Yup 👌🏻🔥

I hate screamers and people who sing along. Maybe it's not so bad if everyone's doing it, but if one person is constantly drawing attention to themselves with their screams throughout the show, it's usually a great annoyance. Some people are so loud it's like they came to listen to their own voice and not the band. I feel like grabbing them and going, "What the hell is wrong with you? Put a sock in it!"

Looked up the lyrics to this today and was surprised by how many lyrics I had no idea about. Listened to this song a countless amount of times and only figured out today that he sings "Loves so strange" at the end. Was always convinced he sang "I'm so strange"

3 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

How can people not recognize or even know Locomotive? You paid a shitload of money to be there, this isn't some 3 minute filler or My World. Who are these people?

Damn this band and it's fans :lol:

Most people at the shows are casual fans. Listen to the reaction to WTTJ, SCOM, November Rain vs all the other songs. 

In fact, as dumb as it is. A lot of people next to me actually left and never came back after SCOM. Can't blame them though. They want to hear the hits. I have bands where I'm just a casual fan and I'm in that camp. 

1 hour ago, Birk said:

Did the people even know what the fuck was going on when Locomotive played??? I would of been going fuckin nuts....when i seen this played i was already checking tour dates on what show i can fly to lol

The majority probably didn't know as its not on the greatest hits and who listens to a 9 minute song on itunes these days. It's one for the connoisseurs, the appreciaters of deep and complex music.

Truth be told, I would have been dead silent too, standing in awe just taking it all in had I been there in person. But that's because I know and love the song and would have been floored to witness the first performance in almost 30 years. Maybe that was the case with some people in attendance too, silent doesnt always mean bored or unappreciative. But it sure sucks when you are on stage and the audience is unresponsive. But in this case, I think some might just have been too impressed/overwhelmed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, History2010 said:

Most people at the shows are casual fans. Listen to the reaction to WTTJ, SCOM, November Rain vs all the other songs. 

In fact, as dumb as it is. A lot of people next to me actually left and never came back after SCOM. Can't blame them though. They want to hear the hits. I have bands where I'm just a casual fan and I'm in that camp. 

I met some guys in Charlotte who were excited to hear the hits because they've never got a chance to see GnR live so for them it'd be the first time ever hearing WTTJ or SCOM live which is awesome ... They weren't pure casuals though they were definitely fans of the catalogue (save ChiDem) 

Edited by 2020_Intensions

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't understand how anyone could expect the average GNR fan to know Locomotive. 

It’s one of the deepest of deep cuts and like someone else said, it’s a 9 minute song. Most people don’t have that attention span or desire to listen to a long song now a days. Even some of the above average fans probably don’t know it

• GNFNR 2