10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

42 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Dude, I just heard that before reading your post and was thinking how fucking awesome it sounded haha

I’m sick in the head I’ll watch locomotive 6000 times because it presents new vocal approaches from Axl. Two things I’ve noticed is he’s really comfortable with his lower talking range. Estranged has benefitted from this on the first half as Axl seems well aware of trying to finish notes and diction is much better this tour. However, when in a higher singing note he’s losing stamina really fast and cuts off most of his notes. His first attempts at songs he hasn’t played in a while are often his best because he relies more on old instinct. I think he’ll simplify his approach on this song as he sings it more and you’ll get more of a consistent high Mickey note to a low talking note, 

6 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Yes, Axl look dissatisfied at the end of Locomotive, so maybe they don't even play dead horse

If he sings Dead Horse like Shoot to Thrill I’ll cry 

• GNFNR 1

54 minutes ago, ironmt said:

lol, it's just not getting old. This sounds very lame but I have not been this excited over the band since they reunited, over just adding one song to the setlist. I am just blown away with how good they sound on such a difficult song considering how bad Axl has sounded on songs like November Rain and You Could Be Mine.

I was thinking this morning that I hadn't been that excited since they first announced the reunion. I haven't watched any YCBMs in a long time but I watched a November Rain from this leg and aside for it being a bit fast I thought Axl sounded pretty good.  I think he has actually gotten much better at it since the reunion stated. A little less Mickey..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • GNFNR 1

30 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yeah know.. I keep thinking he wouldn't be able to really do Dead Horse justice but imagine if he did come out like he did Shoot To Thrill!?!?! Damn... Gives Me Hope! He does Shadow good too.. Makes me want to hear them do Nice Boys and Reckless Life.. Bring back Out ta Get Me too!!! That would be killer in the encore. 

• Like 3

Was expecting people to shit all over Frank on locomotive, he sounded solid. Solid performance, just about what you're expecting from the band at this point. Axl sounds great in the low register. It is what it is, glad they are actually getting into playing some of these alternate songs and mixing it up a bit. 

4 minutes ago, bdinan said:

Was expecting people to shit all over Frank on locomotive, he sounded solid. Solid performance, just about what you're expecting from the band at this point. Axl sounds great in the low register. It is what it is, glad they are actually getting into playing some of these alternate songs and mixing it up a bit. 

Gotta agree, I listened to it a few more times less focused on Axl and Frank really did a solid job on it, very solid.   And I well I’m not a big frank fan ;)

• Like 1

I am glad they are switching songs up a little now. Although I wish it was more frequent. At least there is an actual chance of some of the alt songs making it to the stage. I remember thinking Slither would never be played. It took a while but they eventually played it and now I could do without it lol. I would really like to hear more of the deep cuts from UYI, but that’s just my own preference.

3 hours ago, ironmt said:

Have to go with Breakdown before Dead Horse.

I think garden of eden would be the most toughest. I know loco has alot of words and not many gaps for breathing but garden of eden would be worse. I personally think it was slash that wanted to bring back loco.

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I’m sick in the head I’ll watch locomotive 6000 times because it presents new vocal approaches from Axl. Two things I’ve noticed is he’s really comfortable with his lower talking range. Estranged has benefitted from this on the first half as Axl seems well aware of trying to finish notes and diction is much better this tour. However, when in a higher singing note he’s losing stamina really fast and cuts off most of his notes. His first attempts at songs he hasn’t played in a while are often his best because he relies more on old instinct. I think he’ll simplify his approach on this song as he sings it more and you’ll get more of a consistent high Mickey note to a low talking note, 

in terms of the lower range , when watching loco for the 1000th time, the first couple of verses at the start where he does the lower voice it sounds good and thats where he needs to stay. I think Melissa can do the highs through some parts of the song.

4 hours ago, Antonio said:

Locomotive and Breakdown are very underrated , two masterpieces misunderstood by society

I think there would be no problem adding breakdown. Axl could even do a piano piece for 10-15 seconds and then start the piano intro. It would be very easy for him and i just want to see slash do the solos :drool:

32 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Anybody try tweeting that video to Matt Sorum? Maybe he'll respond

What's the point in that? Yeah, he recorded the drums for the album but he didn't write the music ... If anything you should be reaching out to Adler ...

Edited by 2020_Intensions

he reallly should pick the low register during the parts where he seemed unsure of which voice to use. His voice was sorta hanging between the high-mickey and low register and thats not pleasant to hear, he gets really out of tune and the voice itself sounds weaker. Just go for the low register and that'll be perfect

• Like 1

6 hours ago, History2010 said:

Most people at the shows are casual fans. Listen to the reaction to WTTJ, SCOM, November Rain vs all the other songs. 

In fact, as dumb as it is. A lot of people next to me actually left and never came back after SCOM. Can't blame them though. They want to hear the hits. I have bands where I'm just a casual fan and I'm in that camp. 

I really cant fathom casual fans paying over 100.00 for a ticket and wanting to listen to maybe 3 songs, WTTJ, patience and SCOM and then just leaving.

9 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

How can people not recognize or even know Locomotive? You paid a shitload of money to be there, this isn't some 3 minute filler or My World. Who are these people?

Damn this band and it's fans :lol:

4 hours ago, Caedo said:

Guns n Roses basically have 5 albums. Surely someone who has enough of an interest to cough up over $100 for concert tickets would at least have heard most of their songs before, there aren't that many to go through.

I agree. GnR is one of those bands that imo you either go all out and listen to everything and know all of it or you don't bother and go listen to something else. That's what GnR is to me anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree. GnR is one of those bands that imo you either go all out and listen to everything and know all of it or you don't bother and go listen to something else. That's what GnR is to me anyway.

You wouldn't believe the amount of people that are there just for November Rain, Jungle, PC, Patience and SCOM. And everything else is a deep cut.

Edited by moreblack