10/18/19 - Guadalajara, MX - Estadio Jalisco

alfierose

14 minutes ago, Amir said:

This is another thing that bothers me: there's almost zero crowd interaction. Apart from the band introduction I think Axl spoke fewer than ten words last night? It's really bizarre to just see them go through song after song without acknowledging the audience. Not that I'm expecting a ten-minute Axl rant at every show, but just *something* to make it feel less impersonal.

That's the #1 thing that makes this all feel so robotic to me. I'm the same way; I'm not looking for a huge rant or anything, but just some sort of acknowledgement of the crowd would be nice. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

17 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

They didnt play Prostitute at Foxboro they did Sorry. They played Maddy and Prostitute in Hartford

Would've loved to have heard any of these last night, or Locomotive or another UYI deep cut. Maybe they cut the set short because of the late start which was the venue's fault, I dunno.

38 minutes ago, Amir said:

This is another thing that bothers me: there's almost zero crowd interaction. Apart from the band introduction I think Axl spoke fewer than ten words last night? It's really bizarre to just see them go through song after song without acknowledging the audience. Not that I'm expecting a ten-minute Axl rant at every show, but just *something* to make it feel less impersonal.

this is by far the weirdest element of the whole fiasco 

its like axl knows it's a bit of a rip off so he chooses not to interact with the crowd at all when previously in his hey day there would be speeches rants and ever value adds to the songs with tid bits that were relevant and highly entertaining - know it's just punching in and punching out and he seems to be in a bad mood as a result 

I wouldn't say Axl was in a bad mood, but the lack of interaction was still weird. Slash killed it on DTJ and RQ, and I also thought he sounded better on Estranged than previous shows I've been to where he'd been really sloppy.

1 hour ago, Amir said:

52 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's the #1 thing that makes this all feel so robotic to me. I'm the same way; I'm not looking for a huge rant or anything, but just some sort of acknowledgement of the crowd would be nice. 

Prozac

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

The reason the setlist is the way it is is because it’s easier to run a production when everything is in order. No long pauses between songs, the video, light, sound people are all on the same page. It’s a massive production for them and the stale setlist allows it to flow better for the production team. I think they could pick a better order for some of the songs, but it’s still a good show. 

im not saying nobody should complain, but  there’s a lot going on behind the scenes and although it can be done to have various songs changed up, this is the easiest route for the team as a whole. And to be fair to the complainers they could have changed the set between legs or over a break, however they didn’t so no reason to expect a miracle anytime soon.

Why bother having 10 songs on the “alternate” list if they’re never going to play them?

Edited by The Real McCoy

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I don't recall hearing Slither or Shadow 2 years ago.

They took out Wish You Were Here. Switched out This I Love for Slither and Shadow.  Alternate Locomotive. The core setlist is the same because it has to be. But its different everytime they start a new leg in some ways.

Slash does a diffrent solo to the songs .

The setlist was different  the times I saw them in 2016 and 2017. They didnt play Prostitute at Foxboro they did Sorry. They played Maddy and Prostitute in Hartford

This is such a load of bollocks. 

You're saying swapping out 1 maybe 2 songs is a different set. Technically you're correct, BUT! we're talking about the running order, that is the same and that's what's boring. Yeah you may hear an alternative song, but overall it is the same set night in, night out. It's so easy opens, nighttain before encore, paradise ends EVERY night. That my friend is really boring, if you like that then you're going just to go at this point. I enjoyed both gigs that I went to but it was basically the same show just a different crowd/venue... think I got out at get me one of the nights too. I would not be arsed going to see it again though.

3 1/2 years later it has lost all its mojo. My favourite band and I really have no excitement for all this. 10yrs ago when cd tour kicked off I was so buzzed, now I couldn't care less. Hope the band continues, but at the same time I wouldn't  be as heartbroken if they folded either. 

Overall review🥺Zzzzzzzz! 

Glad the crap like wish you were here, black hole sun is now not a definite for each show. That is a positive for the latest gigs😀

14 minutes ago, Creed said:

i really have respect for doing a 3h show, but i don't understand why they are doing it. a 1,5h show with a top notch voice and more surprising and personal moments would be much better imo. 

an 3 hour long movie doesn't make it good. i really wonder that people are staying that long. its like a WWE PPV thing...and the chants are almost the same. 'refund', 'you cant wrestle' and 'same old shit'

You were there? Where did you heard the word "refund"? 

9 hours ago, agustingloger said:

We have Axl and Slash playing togheter. They're playing the classics, Shadow of your Love, Coma, Locomotive!!!!! Axl is singing Slither come on! Yeah of course we want new music, izzy ( there was a negotiation to bring him back) (and Steven (whom was giving a sort of a chance and maybe if he hadn't break his back...)  

Complaining is free but Just remember we had Axl doing a residency with Dj ashba come on! Enjoy what we got... They are humans They do what They can. And certainly They don't owe us anything. What we did for humanity? I will listen and love doing it Appetite for destruction till the day I die and I Just can thank them for that masterpiece. 

I don't know man Just being positive in this shitty forum

Yeah we have Axl and Slash. It is very exciting. Well, was.. 3 years ago. Everyone lose interest watching the exact same show (with Axl's shape getting worse) for fourth year.
I enjoy what I have, had a great time when I was at their show. But look what Metallica is doing. They release new music. They give us proshots from every show. You can have a soundboard of a show you attended for free. Different setlist every night.
GNR? No new music, no proshots (except one that sucks), fan videos being hunted down and they do nothing about it, same setlist every night etc.

They don't owe us anything? I actually don't agree

What would they do without us? Propably homeless or dead. They exist because they have us. 
And maybe band does what they can. But management is surely not.

PS. This forum is extremly positive when good things happen.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, agustingloger said:

We have Axl and Slash playing togheter. They're playing the classics, Shadow of your Love, Coma, Locomotive!!!!! Axl is singing Slither come on! Yeah of course we want new music, izzy ( there was a negotiation to bring him back) (and Steven (whom was giving a sort of a chance and maybe if he hadn't break his back...)  

Complaining is free but Just remember we had Axl doing a residency with Dj ashba come on! Enjoy what we got... They are humans They do what They can. And certainly They don't owe us anything. What we did for humanity? I will listen and love doing it Appetite for destruction till the day I die and I Just can thank them for that masterpiece. 

I don't know man Just being positive in this shitty forum

I have to laugh at posts like this. 

We will always allow people to express their opinion. Just because you choose to look for the negative doesn't make this a "shitty forum". It makes you a person who looks for negative, finds it, then complains about it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

This is such a load of bollocks. 

You're saying swapping out 1 maybe 2 songs is a different set. Technically you're correct, BUT! we're talking about the running order, that is the same and that's what's boring. Yeah you may hear an alternative song, but overall it is the same set night in, night out. It's so easy opens, nighttain before encore, paradise ends EVERY night. That my friend is really boring, if you like that then you're going just to go at this point. I enjoyed both gigs that I went to but it was basically the same show just a different crowd/venue... think I got out at get me one of the nights too. I would not be arsed going to see it again though.

3 1/2 years later it has lost all its mojo. My favourite band and I really have no excitement for all this. 10yrs ago when cd tour kicked off I was so buzzed, now I couldn't care less. Hope the band continues, but at the same time I wouldn't  be as heartbroken if they folded either. 

Overall review🥺Zzzzzzzz! 

Glad the crap like wish you were here, black hole sun is now not a definite for each show. That is a positive for the latest gigs😀

Nah it;s still going strong. The setlists I have seen are changed.. Just because it's not distract changes doesn't mean it's not changed.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2016/gillette-stadium-foxborough-ma-3ff1dbb.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2017/xl-center-hartford-ct-23e32867.html

They  changed 6  songs from the 2 shows I went to

Wichita Lineman, Prostitute, Madagascar, Yesterdays, Whole Lotta Rosie, Used To Love Her, Black Hole Sun were not played at Gillette Stadium in 2016 and Better was not after Double Talkin Jive in 2016.  Outa Get Me was also played at Gillette Stadium but not during  Hartford

The 2 shows I saw had a completely different setlist  

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It’s ran more like a broadway play nowadays than a rock concert haha Axl makes the same jokes between songs, introduces Slash the same, sings identical every show. It’s truly a well oiled machine. 

locomotive is the only time they seem out of sorts 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

does anyone remember gnr circa 92 paris - i was very bored of their setlists around that leg or i thought it was accentuated from the pay per tv even tokyo had a couple deeper cuts 

but based on NITL this setlist last night is the worst they've ever done based on lack of versatility i'd be pissed in a way even though the crowd looked awesome they didn't get anything unique back in return 

tijuana seems like the night to go then - its funny how they play that is that accidental? doubt it - its king dick antics

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

It’s ran more like a broadway play nowadays than a rock concert haha Axl makes the same jokes between songs, introduces Slash the same, sings identical every show. It’s truly a well oiled machine. 

locomotive is the only time they seem out of sorts 

Yeah got to agree everything seems programmed ,from the videos behind the band to the pyros to the the movement and positioning of the band onstage. Not a knock on the shows because if your not on a forum and don’t follow the band then it’s a good show. 

• Like 3