10/25/19 - New Orleans, LA - Voodoo Music Experience

alfierose

On 10/28/2019 at 10:44 PM, 3rd Wheel said:

This was an awesome show. I was there. About 3 people from the front railing. My back was in severe pain at around 7 p.m. and at 9:30 (halfway through GNR's set) I was ready to throw in the towel. Then I looked behind me and saw 1,000 people between me and freedom. So I stuck it out.

We had either drizzling or a torrential downpour the entire time. Honestly, it was one of the coolest experiences of my life. To sit it out in the rain and get that payoff was just awesome.

My God, they were on fucking fire. They were legit on fire. Even SCOM didn't sound bad. I've seen them three times and this was the best of the three. They just seemed tight. I usually dislike Axl's "Slither" performance but this one was really good.

There was a girl about two people in front and two to the left. She was dead center on the stage. Axl smiled and waved at her at least three times during the show when she was taking pictures with her digital camera. She was star-struck. Legit star-struck every time. It was awesome. Axl was great.

Someone gave me a warm White Claw right before the setlist started. If that person is on the forum, thank you.

If you were dead center stage then 1 was 3 people in front of you.   I bet there were others from here at the show.   Seems like some familiar stories from what I've read so far. 

Glad you enjoyed even with the rain!!

Just to piggy back off the prior reviews the show was pretty great. This was the 4th show I’ve seen since the NITL tour began. It did have a special energy. I’m not sure if it was the weather or festival crowd. The rain slacking off during the “harder songs” was unique. I was near the center of the boards to have more elevation from the mud but, was able to slowly get about 15 feet from the guy who caught the mic. 

I was able to get tix for 60 bucks a piece off craigslist which was a steal for the show.

19 hours ago, Rjuncajun said:

If you were dead center stage then 1 was 3 people in front of you.   I bet there were others from here at the show.   Seems like some familiar stories from what I've read so far. 

Glad you enjoyed even with the rain!!

I was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt and shorts with a grey blanked wrapped around my shoulders.