11/02/19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

alfierose

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Who freaking cares about the order???? Seriously some of these complaints are laughable and at times pathetic. They busted out  Dead Horse and Locomotive on this tour.  They added songs that they haven't played in a long time. Furthermore, they are doing 3+ hours a show. That's a lot. 

GNR will release new music and go on tour in the 2020s. When they do, I'll enjoy both and appreciate it unlike some  people here. 

Pathetic is eating up every turd without question. That's where fans like you come in, eat up I don't care!

To answer your question, lots of people care especially when they've went to see the band several times. Some don't that's fine too, but I honestly don't  understand what you get from seeing the same show over and over again.

3hrs is great. Is it 3hrs of quality though? Nope. Not even close. I think there's a lot of good in the 3hrs but there's so much material that they can't pull off anymore, even.their biggest hits. So why bother doing 3hr shows? Also, not everyone agrees but 3hrs in the crowd has usually shrunk, why? Because it's too long for a band like gnr that doesn't have hit after hit, they over a handful of big known songs the rest of the set you need to have sat with the records. No casual fan is waiting for cd songs, or deep cuts! 

You obviously like what's being served, but I like a different meal for each day of the week. You might like the same one each day, but variety is more my style. You can go on and on about how they played dead horse and locomotive! But there's still 20 or more songs that never change AND it took them how long to add those songs into the set? 

Look at Metallica, they played the US and Europe this year, both sets were different enough that if you went to both you got surprises, you absolutely don't get that with gnr. Yes they may play dead horse, Madagascar, locomotive etc. But 99% of the set remains the same and you can write a good idea of the set out months before it happens even down to where the "surprises" will crop up, that is why order Is a legitimate thing to argue about.

Also, I had to laugh when you said 2020s that's the only thing I agreed with. Not that they will release something, but that there's no idea of a timeframe.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Pathetic is eating up every turd without question. That's where fans like you come in, eat up I don't care!

To answer your question, lots of people care especially when they've went to see the band several times. Some don't that's fine too, but I honestly don't  understand what you get from seeing the same show over and over again.

3hrs is great. Is it 3hrs of quality though? Nope. Not even close. I think there's a lot of good in the 3hrs but there's so much material that they can't pull off anymore, even.their biggest hits. So why bother doing 3hr shows? Also, not everyone agrees but 3hrs in the crowd has usually shrunk, why? Because it's too long for a band like gnr that doesn't have hit after hit, they over a handful of big known songs the rest of the set you need to have sat with the records. No casual fan is waiting for cd songs, or deep cuts! 

You obviously like what's being served, but I like a different meal for each day of the week. You might like the same one each day, but variety is more my style. You can go on and on about how they played dead horse and locomotive! But there's still 20 or more songs that never change AND it took them how long to add those songs into the set? 

Look at Metallica, they played the US and Europe this year, both sets were different enough that if you went to both you got surprises, you absolutely don't get that with gnr. Yes they may play dead horse, Madagascar, locomotive etc. But 99% of the set remains the same and you can write a good idea of the set out months before it happens even down to where the "surprises" will crop up, that is why order Is a legitimate thing to argue about.

Also, I had to laugh when you said 2020s that's the only thing I agreed with. Not that they will release something, but that there's no idea of a timeframe.

I guarantee you did not go to one show 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'm not the one complaining about the different order of the songs, which is funny to say the least. I'm also not going to every show nor watching every show on my laptop and then complaining about it afterwards. If you are going to all the shows or watching all the shows online, you have to expect there will be much less surprises and it won't change. That's your own fault for being disappointed. Not GNR. 

When you are paying over $100, it's great to see a band put forth the effort and doing a 3 hour show. Def Leppard didn't put on a 3 hour show. They only played 1.5 hours. When I saw Brian Johnson with AC/DC at MetLife, he was mailing in his performance compared to the two other times  I saw AC/DC. In fact Axl helped to revitalize the band. Metallica only came  to the NJ/NYC twice. Both times  it was years apart and I only went to the MetLife show. In fact, they had issues with selling out the stadium. 

In regards to releasing something, they will. Do you honestly think that Axl, Slash, and Duff want the Spaghetti Incident to be their last album?  Do you think Slash and Duff only came back for this tour?  I think they'll release something next year. I would say Hard  School will be the lead single. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I'm not the one complaining about the different order of the songs, which is funny to say the least. I'm also not going to every show nor watching every show on my laptop and then complaining about it afterwards. If you are going to all the shows or watching all the shows online, you have to expect there will be much less surprises and it won't change. That's your own fault for being disappointed. Not GNR. 

When you are paying over $100, it's great to see a band put forth the effort and doing a 3 hour show. Def Leppard didn't put on a 3 hour show. They only played 1.5 hours. When I saw Brian Johnson with AC/DC at MetLife, he was mailing in his performance compared to the two other times  I saw AC/DC. In fact Axl helped to revitalize the band. Metallica only came  to the NJ/NYC twice. Both times  it was years apart and I only went to the MetLife show. In fact, they had issues with selling out the stadium. 

In regards to releasing something, they will. Do you honestly think that Axl, Slash, and Duff want the Spaghetti Incident to be their last album?  Do you think Slash and Duff only came back for this tour?  I think they'll release something next year. I would say Hard  School will be the lead single. 

Foresight is 2020.

11 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Yeah this way better then now :blink: Lets have the band show up 3 hours late, axl causing riots and sounding like he has been chewing on shreded glass 

No kidding. 90s UYI tour was a nightly crapshoot. Also they lose points for no insane huge video screens.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Draguns said:

Ha! yes. They came back to tour and make money... and mend friendships and business relationships. I would guess that they probably thought of a record at some point, but that it would be icing on the cake rather than completely necessary. There's a good chance of seeing something, but there's also a good chance that they work on a record and never release it. You think because Hardschool was leaked or that it appeared on a setlist that you know what's going on, but really you and I know absolutely nothing. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

As for Metallica having trouble selling out a stadium? not sure what that has to do with them putting on a unique show for their fans, rather than same old, same old. But... if you need it explained - Metallica don't have the crossover that GNR have, so for Metallica to be selling out or just to be getting offers to be in stadiums across America, in 2019! that is amazing (and they don't have any gimmicky reunion boosted ticket sales to fall back on, they sell based on 38yrs of hard work). Every other country Metallica played they did just fine, so don't worry about their ticket sales. The only thing guns have on Metallica is that they play longer sets, but IMO Metallica have always been far more entertaining, I'd confidently put 2019 Metallica up against any era of GNR - and 2019 Metallica is not the band at their peak.

As for Brian Johnson, he was basically deaf and 70yrs old on that run, so I think you should cut him some slack. When I saw AC/DC that man was in his mid 60s and he was still giving it his all (with a more limited range) If you just listened to his voice isolated I'd guarantee most people would be able to say that was Brian Johnson... Axl on the other hand? not so much (besides a few brief moments where he sounds like the same guy on the recordings). Was Axl great with AC/DC? yes, and he did revitalise them; we can agree on that one thing at least (isn't it nice to get along ;))

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The past what, like, 3 legs have been “the last leg” of the NITL tour? I think we’ll be back in 2020 with another one. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Axl said during KOHD (vegas night 2) in the sing along "this is the last one of these, for this leg" so, that's from the man himself. Next leg of touring will 99.9% be called NITL.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Yeah this way better then now :blink: Lets have the band show up 3 hours late, axl causing riots and sounding like he has been chewing on shreded glass 

One messup does not define the entire 90s era. The 90s lineup was tight, unpredictable, and plain RnR. By the way, this wasn't Slash's fuck up, it was Matt. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The setlist has slowly been evolving the whole tour. Each show I saw had at least few different songs than the previous.  If they came around my way this time, SOYL, Dead Horse, Slither and Locomotive would all be songs I hadn't seen yet.. Songs that were in the regular like Out ta Get Me, My Michelle, UTLH, TIL and Yesterday's have been rested. They rotate Patience/Don't Cry, The Duff songs, now Locomotive/Coma, Slash switches his solo from various blues versions to the Godfather or Johnny B. Good. They mix up the jams before Don't Cry and Patience. Random covers from James Brown, Glen Campbell and Soundgarden come and go. They played almost every damn song off CD at one point or another.. The Encore isn't the same every night. People can say all they want but aside from a few VERY SELECT bands Guns switch up teh setlist more than most bands out there. Do you realize how many Hard Rock bands play the exact same set every night for an entire tour? The majority do.  Go look at setlists from the 80's and 90's.. Aside from shuffling the order a bit, the band didn't switch it up any more than they do now. 

I am all about constructive criticism but people's expectations are just insane sometimes.. This place is getting to be too much with the constant unhappiness. Even for me!! lol

I agree that the setlist is actually very solid. The reason most have tired on it is because we’re following each and every show, most of us participating in each show thread and watching every live streams. No tour is meant to have each show been watched back to back. 

My issue doesn’t lie really with the setlist, but the sheer length of the tour and the fact that new music has not even been hinted at. I don’t think the NITL tour should still be going on into 2020, and especially don’t think it should be without even a mention, or hell, playing of a new song. Hard School could have been a step in the right direction- technically would be a new song as it was never officially released by the band, and would’ve shown how Slash and Duff would’ve approached CDII. I’m more sad about the band being a legacy act, with Axl mainly creatively being MIA for over a decade now.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree that the setlist is actually very solid. The reason most have tired on it is because we’re following each and every show, most of us participating in each show thread and watching every live streams. No tour is meant to have each show been watched back to back. 

My issue doesn’t lie really with the setlist, but the sheer length of the tour and the fact that new music has not even been hinted at. I don’t think the NITL tour should still be going on into 2020, and especially don’t think it should be without even a mention, or hell, playing of a new song. Hard School could have been a step in the right direction- technically would be a new song as it was never officially released by the band, and would’ve shown how Slash and Duff would’ve approached CDII. I’m more sad about the band being a legacy act, with Axl mainly creatively being MIA for over a decade now.

I actually don't mind if they become a legacy act as long as the live shows are good, which they are.  They have enough songs that they can dust off and rotate to keep teh shows fun. I am not convinced that new music would be any good anyway. I was grabbing a beer with my cousin yesterday and we talked about Guns for a minute. I brought up that it had it has almost been 4 years since they reunited with no music. His thought was that he would rather them not release music than music that is mediocre and dilutes their catalog even more than CD did. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't even care if they become a legacy act as long as the live shows are good, which they are.  I am not convinced that new music would be any good anyway. I was grabbing a beer with my cousin yesterday and we talked about Guns for a minute. I brought up that it had it has almost been 4 years since they reunited with no music. His thought was that he would rather them not release music than music that is mediocre and dilutes their catalog even more than CD did. 

which is understandable but with the current state of music could it fail? Shadow of Your Love was a B side turn single and did decent. If Hard School or an upbeat rocker like it was released I think i'd do quite well.

I remember reading a comment slash made saying he focuses on the band he's currently working with when he's home or on the road. Now there's a decent break and Myles is touring with AB. Theoretically, he could do a few things. 

1.) start another SMKC album

2.) record new stuff as "band jams" with guns

3.) dig into some old chinese leftovers