11/02/19 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

alfierose

7 hours ago, cineater said:

"Its not the GNR I grew up on"?.. God I hope not..this band is ten times better than anything in the '90's or even the '80's. I saw GNR in '88, '92, '02, '06, '14 and '16..this is the best version by far! Just my opinion. They just keep putting asses in the seats all over the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Stlconcerts said:

In talking to numerous people there were not many casual fans mostly more than 1 city/more than 1 show type of guys even upstairs. 

Same thing Friday night. All the people I talked to have seen multiple shows. Some of those people had seen multiple on this leg.

I can tell you a lot of the people in the 400s sat down most of the show on Friday. There were times were everyone was excited and jumping around but they were mostly sitting.

All I know is I enjoyed it and this was my 3rd show this leg of the tour.

Edited by Tourettes2400

7 minutes ago, 87gnrrocked said:

"Its not the GNR I grew up on"?.. God I hope not..this band is ten times better than anything in the '90's or even the '80's. I saw GNR in '88, '92, '02, '06, '14 and '16..this is the best version by far! Just my opinion. They just keep putting asses in the seats all over the world.

Whaha. This band is not better than the 80's and 90's. This band is for the money. Not for new music etc.  Even 2006 en 2010 gnr is better.

Edited by Your Illusion
  • Like 3

I do agree with people who are wanting new album.  But the set-list debate is so boring.

You guys do realize that 99.9 % of the people in the audience at each show are looking for the songs they play.  Seems the people who complain are the 1% who been to a couple of shows and would like the band to appease them and change the set list.  I think when you guys read the set-list each show, you are imagining you are there and you are unhappy.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, 87gnrrocked said:

You are correct, just your opinion.....and one that a few, but not the majority will agree with. 

1 hour ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Same thing Friday night. All the people I talked to have seen multiple shows. Some of those people had seen multiple on this leg.

I can tell you a lot of the people in the 400s sat down most of the show on Friday. There were times were everyone was excited and jumping around but they were mostly sitting.

All I know is I enjoyed it and this was my 3rd show this leg of the tour.

Yeah this was not a "casual fan" show this was diehards that spend a ton to see these guys. Louder Than Life was a casual fan show. I enjoyed the actual show band was on fire last night but running through the same setlist when they have dropped off plenty of songs that could get worked in randomly seems like they are just on auto pilot. 

10 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I just don’t get it. I’m not directing this to anyone in particular and I hope it doesn’t offend anyone, but if you think the band sucks, the setlist is boring, their moves are rehearsed and they’re doing it just for the money, why the hell do you go to the show or come here to follow the live set?

It’s called being a fan. Sometimes fans expect more from their favorite band, or wish they would do things the way they used to do things, or wish they would do completely different things.

Either way, we’ve all jammed GNR CDs a bunch of times because we enjoy the music. That’s what we have in common. Everything else is what we debate. Some people have more acceptance than others, and some people have higher expectations than others. And that’s fine. But regardless, it’s a part of all of our lives that will almost always hold our interest, even if it’s not always meeting our own expectations.

• Like 1

Was at the show last night it was my third time seeing them on the tour. Crowd was pretty good and band sounded pretty good but i was bored the third time around. It was nice to see dead horse and shadow of your love played which I hadn’t seen live before but it was virtually the same shows I saw before. Vegas was great as always though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Your Illusion said:

Whaha. This band is not better than the 80's and 90's. This band is for the money. Not for new music etc.  Even 2006 en 2010 gnr is better.

Disagree. 2010 for me was Awful. For me it’s always been

illusions (Izzy still here)

80s

91 post izzy

now

buckethead brain era

2010-2014

i love the lineup now but it doesn’t compare to the Sorum Izzy illusion days or afd days. Gilby was great but this era is better in so many ways and it has a lot to do with the big 3 sharing a stage. I hate frank. Decent drummer but doesn’t fit this lineup. Fortus is actually quite amazing. He plays the Izzy party’s and Chinese parts very well and I loved wish you were here since he pushed slash to beat him with every solo. 

while the set list is somewhat stale there’s been a lot of changes over the years  each leg has brought new things. Locomotive and coma? Come on that’s crazy. People in 2010 would have laughed if you told them we’d hear coma and locomotive.

shadow of your love is a highlight of the show? Slither is a GNR song? We would have laughed and said “not in this lifetime”. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

The band phoned it in?

Shocking.

It’s beyond ridiculous that this band refuses to do anything outside of the box.

If the rumors about them touring Europe next Summer are true, I predict no setlist changes, and they’ll continue to trot out Wichita Lineman and Black Hole Sun for no good reason whatsoever.

Someone let me know if we ever get new music. I’m beyond tired of the same old same old.

HAHA, don't go out on a limb or anything :)

18 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

80s

91 post izzy

now

buckethead brain era

2010-2014

i love the lineup now but it doesn’t compare to the Sorum Izzy illusion days or afd days. Gilby was great but this era is better in so many ways and it has a lot to do with the big 3 sharing a stage. I hate frank. Decent drummer but doesn’t fit this lineup. Fortus is actually quite amazing. He plays the Izzy party’s and Chinese parts very well and I loved wish you were here since he pushed slash to beat him with every solo. 

while the set list is somewhat stale there’s been a lot of changes over the years  each leg has brought new things. Locomotive and coma? Come on that’s crazy. People in 2010 would have laughed if you told them we’d hear coma and locomotive.

shadow of your love is a highlight of the show? Slither is a GNR song? We would have laughed and said “not in this lifetime”. 

What is this horseshit?

What does "now" mean? Are you seriously placing the 2016 band and this auto-pilot bullshit on the same level? Even Slash and Duff look bored nowadays, a robot has more emotion than them. 2016 was almost a totally different band. Performance wise and also because they had another attitude on stage.

Considering the 2010 year along with the 2011-2014 period as one thing shows how much you are wrong. It's almost an insult, and you are forgetting 2009 when Axl was amazing too. This is wrong on so many levels.

I just have to lol if you think the 2017-2019 band is better than the 2010 band, when Ashba was still a bad-ass and Axl sounded like on his UYI days. Like, seriously.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

The band phoned it in?

Shocking.

It’s beyond ridiculous that this band refuses to do anything outside of the box.

If the rumors about them touring Europe next Summer are true, I predict no setlist changes, and they’ll continue to trot out Wichita Lineman and Black Hole Sun for no good reason whatsoever.

Someone let me know if we ever get new music. I’m beyond tired of the same old same old.

You get tired because a band disappoints you? Why bother? It doesn't matter. It is irrelevant in the larger scheme of things. No reason to let it affect your life.

You know I like you and such posts make me think things aren't alright in your life. I hope all is well, buddy. 

• Like 1

5 years ago we wouldve never thought we'd see Slash Axl n Duff all on the same stage again and bring Steven on a few songs. In 2014 we wouldve also never thought we would hear Double Talkin Jive, Coma, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Shadow of Your Love ever again, hell we even got Axl doing Slither. This tour had it's up and downs but it was still a hell of a tour. Hopefully now they head to the studio and bust out a new GNR album, and we dont have to wait a decade for it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

80s

91 post izzy

now

buckethead brain era

2010-2014

exaxtly the fact they got frank the butcher to play drums when everyone else is like 10 levels above him is just fucked 

people try and defend but he's by far GNR's worst drummer and not just GNR's he's the worst drummer for a band making the money that they do, it's baffling how they've done a runner on this one, i'd take brain, sorum, adler, lars, foo fighter drummer, ANYONE that knows whats the GNR songs represent and don't just smash their drums and fills when they feel like it and pretend like they're awesome 

for anyone that actually thinks GNR will write something new - impossibility not just cause Axl is a big problem, Frank is a bigger one 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

Got news for everyone saying that the general public is over the moon with Guns. That’s not what I hear. They either don’t care, or know that Axl - 1. “Lost his voice”; and 2. Is fat and weird looking. 

The best things which happened to put asses in the seats are cheap as hell last minute ticket sales, and those young trendy social media whores wearing vintage (new) Guns shirts. Then, you have all the older folks who want to see Guns again after being fans 25-30 years ago. 

But saying that this over-bloated stage act with poor vocals and little to no movement on stage besides Axl walking around and Fortus slashing at his guitar and Melissa pogosticking...come on... If casuals are saying it’s a great show, they don’t know what they’re seeing or talking about. They need to get out more often. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

5 years ago we wouldve never thought we'd see Slash Axl n Duff all on the same stage again and bring Steven on a few songs. In 2014 we wouldve also never thought we would hear Double Talkin Jive, Coma, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Shadow of Your Love ever again, hell we even got Axl doing Slither. This tour had it's up and downs but it was still a hell of a tour. Hopefully now they head to the studio and bust out a new GNR album, and we dont have to wait a decade for it.

It ain't over yet.

5 hours ago, Dcrazed212 said:

I do agree with people who are wanting new album.  But the set-list debate is so boring.

You guys do realize that 99.9 % of the people in the audience at each show are looking for the songs they play.  Seems the people who complain are the 1% who been to a couple of shows and would like the band to appease them and change the set list.  I think when you guys read the set-list each show, you are imagining you are there and you are unhappy.

You completely miss what we complain about. We don't  care if they play the same 30 songs, we do care that they arrive in the same order every night. 

That 6 months out you can guess up 99% of the set that's boring, lazy and deserves criticism. 

Besides some deep cuts from uyi and cd these are mainly the songs the majority want to hear, we get it.

Edited by Tom2112

2 hours ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I just don’t get it. I’m not directing this to anyone in particular and I hope it doesn’t offend anyone, but if you think the band sucks, the setlist is boring, their moves are rehearsed and they’re doing it just for the money, why the hell do you go to the show or come here to follow the live set?

I’m speaking from a personal experience. When Axl was doing his thing with NuGNR I went to one concert, but I thought the whole thing was too depressing, like a wedding band. I seriously left the show depressed, so I never came back. I would still follow closely, come here, read your comments, check if they were still alive, see what was going on, but I would never post and wasn’t excited about new music as most people were. It just wasn’t for me and that was fine.

I wish they’d change the setlist, play more deep cuts etc, I agree with all that, but they’re not doing anything different from other big bands these days. You have to look at it with some perspective, we’re not the general public, the general public is really happy. We follow the band closely, we know all their steps. Also I don’t expect the spontaneity from the old days, that had a lot to do with youth, drugs, immaturity, booze and Axl’s personal problems. Things change, you can’t replicate that,  they’re in a much better place now. I think they’re genuinely enjoying each others company and playing together again. Of course the money doesn’t hurt either! Just see how how they look happy onstage every night. There’s always people here criticizing management and saying how they could make more money etc. Yes, they could release a dvd, give interviews, be on magazine covers, make a documentary about the whole thing, whatever, but they didn’t, they just want to play and do it on their on terms, don’t you thing that’s cool? That is so much the essence of this band.

From now on I hope we get new music and a different setlist when they go on tour again. Let’s wait and see, but for now I just choose to enjoy what we have and have fun. Ultimately it’s their call, they’ll do what they want to and I think that’s how it should be with any band.

AMEN!