State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

10 minutes ago, Billly B said:

So this one has vocals on it? I thought everything that recently made its way out, was just instrumentals.

'Perhaps', 'Atlas Shrugged', 'State Of Grace', 'Hardschool', 'Silkworms', 'Eye On You' & 'Nothing' all have vocals. The last two are highly repetitive.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

'Perhaps', 'Atlas Shrugged', 'State Of Grace', 'Hardschool', 'Silkworms', 'Eye On You' & 'Nothing' all have vocals. The last two are highly repetitive.

I don’t even count Nothing. I listened to it once. Out of all those songs I don’t know why Axl chose to put vocals on that one

36 minutes ago, suckerpunched03 said:

Rolling stone: “Axl speaks” -02/2000

Imagine Led Zeppelin’s Physical Graffitiremixed by Beck and Trent Reznor, and you’ll have some sense of Axl’s new sound.

I remember reading this description. And thinking out loud, what the hell does that mean ? 

I remember thinking, having read that, that it would have a ''No Quarter/Kashmir'' feel, with electronic touches. Epics in otherwords. There was nothing of the sort on there. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I remember thinking, having read that, that it would have a ''No Quarter/Kashmir'' feel, with electronic touches. Epics in otherwords. There was nothing of the sort on there. 

PG is a double-album there's a lot more songs than those 2 ... I feel like TWAT CITR Maddy have that kind of feel described in the quote

13 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

People really like this? I listened to it twice and can't put it much higher up the list than My World and Eye On You. I hear and understand where Axl was going with it, but his effort sounds too half-assed for my liking. 

I think it is the least half-assed vocal delivery I can remember having heard from Axl :lol:. Sure, he hasn't got the lyrics down yet and fumbles with the melody, but the emotions and pure technical brilliance of the vocals in the second half of the song makes my jaw drop each and every time.

I also think the voice he uses for the first half is cool.

As I have said before, the song melody, guitar riffs, and general theme reminds me of Queens of the Stone Age and is how I think Josh Homme would have wanted to be able to sing. This is Clockwork meeting Use Your Illusion.

• Like 1

For those of you describing the way Axl sings the verses in the song as “half-assed” or “lazy”, it is your take and opinion on the song that is lazy. He’s singing slow, with a casual delivery, what a lazy vocal attempt! WRONG. You can hear the NIN - The Fragile influence in this song clearly. He’s letting the aggressive bass line propel the song, with a casual, laid back vocal delivery in the chorus and then turning it up to an insanely intense vocal delivery during the chorus. Could use some final touches such as another verse and a mean slash solo (although this song is better suited for bucket or final), but all in all, a pretty bad ass tune.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

For those of you describing the way Axl sings the verses in the song as “half-assed” or “lazy”, it is your take and opinion on the song that is lazy. He’s singing slow, with a casual delivery, what a lazy vocal attempt! WRONG. You can hear the NIN - The Fragile influence in this song clearly. He’s letting the aggressive bass line propel the song, with a casual, laid back vocal delivery in the chorus and then turning it up to an insanely intense vocal delivery during the chorus. Could use some final touches such as another verse and a mean slash solo (although this song is better suited for bucket or final), but all in all, a pretty bad ass tune.

Exactly. The singing suites the song. It shouldn't be any other way. The vocal delivery is perfect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, dogman said:

What ChiDem song has a catchy chorus?  I love CD, but I can't really think of any song that actually has a catchy chorus.  To me, SOG is the only song from this era that has a chorus that could get stuck in my head.

Shacklers, Better, TWAT, Perhaps