Jump to content

State of Grace - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before anyone yells at me- Yes, I did just record an episode of @Gambit83's podcast yesterday where I said I thought the State of Grace clip was fake. Yes, I realize now that I was wrong 

This leak just made 15 years of waiting for Atlas go fuck itself 

If today's leaks prove anything, they should prove this: Axl, we're rooting for you. The greater majority of everything posted in these threads has been overwhelmingly positive. Quite the contras

  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, dogman said:

What ChiDem song has a catchy chorus?  I love CD, but I can't really think of any song that actually has a catchy chorus.  To me, SOG is the only song from this era that has a chorus that could get stuck in my head.

Shacklers, Better, TWAT, Perhaps 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dogman said:

What ChiDem song has a catchy chorus?  I love CD, but I can't really think of any song that actually has a catchy chorus.  To me, SOG is the only song from this era that has a chorus that could get stuck in my head.

Hard School

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caedo said:

Shacklers, Better, TWAT, Perhaps 

Disagree that any of those are catchy choruses.  The closest to catchy would be Shacklers.  100% not TWAT and definitely not Better.  The verses and intro are really the only catchy part to Better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dogman said:

Disagree that any of those are catchy choruses.  The closest to catchy would be Shacklers.  100% not TWAT and definitely not Better.  The verses and intro are really the only catchy part to Better.

Fairo, those are just the ones that I like. When I say TWAT I mean the "there was a time, didn't want to know at all" part not the choruses in the first part of the song. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dogman said:

What ChiDem song has a catchy chorus?  I love CD, but I can't really think of any song that actually has a catchy chorus.  To me, SOG is the only song from this era that has a chorus that could get stuck in my head.

I find the choruses to Better, CD, and Shacklers easy to get stuck in my head

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

It’s such powerful fucking song. 100% should have been on CD. If we would have gotten a fully finished version of this instead of scraped all of us die hard would have been blown away. And CD would been so much better

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arnuld said:

It’s such powerful fucking song. 100% should have been on CD. If we would have gotten a fully finished version of this instead of scraped all of us die hard would have been blown away. And CD would been so much better

 

State of Grace and Perhaps absolutely should've replaced Scraped and Shackler's.

Then again... the Village demos of Riad, CD and CITR all sound really good, while the album versions of those songs are a mess. I'm scared to think of how many unnecessary layers got added to State Of Grace...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/3/2020 at 2:48 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Probably not 100% but here's my guess at it:

 

What can I say
Free will is blind today
The choice that you made
Is not a road that I would take
To use and betray
The simplest power play
Now far away
With tears that go unexplained, now...

Oh, my love
Can it be
I'm falling from your grace with me and,
Oh, more than ever
I still remember...

The pain,
It's just a passing phase
No, more like a game
Problems of the human race
Goes right to your brain
Caught down in a hidden place
With no sense of shame
The secrets out and you can't erase it...

Oh, my love
Can it be
I'm falling from your grace with me
Now, more than ever
I still remember
Your name...

When did you think you would tell me
How long you think I can wait (oh no, I just...)
I thought I never said I was sorry
Now don't you count on your faith now, you'll never learn
The storm is comin' to get ya, oh
I sense a shivering doom
You thought you had it, yea
You thought you had it figured out
But you don't even care

My love... killin' me
You've fallen from your grace with me
Oh, my love, ah
I asked for (?) I believe in
'Cause now, more than ever
I still remember,
Your name...


 

Sorry, I dont think the second part is accurate. I think you took a guess.

I’ve followed the song with this lyrics and the second part doesnt fit. I still believe hes mumbling some parts

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

State of Grace and Perhaps absolutely should've replaced Scraped and Shackler's.

Then again... the Village demos of Riad, CD and CITR all sound really good, while the album versions of those songs are a mess. I'm scared to think of how many unnecessary layers got added to State Of Grace...

Very True. SOG and Hard School should have replaced Riad and scraped. I wished they never would have changed catcher. The village version is so much better. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Sorry, I dont think the second part is accurate. I think you took a guess.

I’ve followed the song with this lyrics and the second part doesnt fit. I still believe hes mumbling some parts

 

Feel free to make any corrections. Which lyrics do you think don't fit? His enunciation is horrible, but I think most of the words are accurate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

State of Grace clearly has scratch vocals, sounds like he misses a word or two as well. Perhaps that was the intent, but I doubt it having heard the Quick Song with vocals from those sessions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Feel free to make any corrections. Which lyrics do you think don't fit? His enunciation is horrible, but I think most of the words are accurate.

Pretty nuch everything he sings in his high voice.

I think you got the first part perfectly though, THANKS

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Pretty nuch everything he sings in his high voice.

I think you got the first part perfectly though, THANKS

 

What do you think lyrics are in the second half? Like I said, my guess probably isn't 100%. He stretches words and enunciates horribly, but there's clearly finished lyrics there, he's not making "Axl noises" or just mumbling a melody... if you can correct any lyrics then please do, so we can get closer to an accurate transcription.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

State of Grace clearly has scratch vocals, sounds like he misses a word or two as well. Perhaps that was the intent, but I doubt it having heard the Quick Song with vocals from those sessions.

I’m in the camp that thinks SoG is just scratch vocals at the end, but it is weird comparing it to Quick Song’s scratch vocals because those are so clearly not words at all, while in this song it seems like  there’s an idea of what Axl wants to sing but just hasn’t really finalized writing them

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Sorry, I dont think the second part is accurate. I think you took a guess.

I’ve followed the song with this lyrics and the second part doesnt fit. I still believe hes mumbling some parts

I think the end is more like this

my love Can it be?

youve fallen from your grace with me

oh my love

oh now

I’ve found the love that I believe in

cause now more than ever

i still remember

your name

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So would this be a slash or stephanie (again) song going by the lyrics?

When would the song have most likely been written/recorded?

Edited by Sydney Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...