Perhaps - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

6 hours ago, Flayer said:

Live Like A Suicide has it almost right. With two minor adjustments:

So now you got more than you bargained for

You’re all alone now

You forgot about the others you were begging for

You're all alone

So talk to the ones that you want to ignore

You're all alone now

You used to be a little crazy now there's so much more

You're all alone

I don’t like the song Too much, but great writing from Axl. 

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, siraddam said:

There's already an album worth of material out there on YouTube. I've downloaded all of the leaks and made my own album ))

There's only an EP's worth of "near finished" songs though.

Hardschool
State of Grace
Perhaps
Atlas
Going Down

Add Silkworms too if you're a masochist. Eye On You, Quicksong and Nothing don't really count as they're clearly unfinished, and The General is fake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

If I Can't ask for links here where I supose to do it? Seriously i don't get it 

You're not. GN'R has a pretty solid track record of going after websites that post links to leaked material. At best, they send out cease and desists. At worst, they take legal action. We can't expose ourselves to possible legal trouble by being an outlet to download that stuff. The material is out there, it's up to you to find if should you want to hear it. 

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's only an EP's worth of "near finished" songs though.

Hardschool
State of Grace
Perhaps
Atlas
Going Down

Add Silkworms too if you're a masochist. Eye On You, Quicksong and Nothing don't really count as they're clearly unfinished, and The General is fake.

Yeah, I've got Silkworms, OMG, and Shadow as well. A mini album.

• 5 months later...
On 10/28/2020 at 6:34 PM, Flayer said:

Live Like A Suicide has it almost right. With two minor adjustments:

So now you got more than you bargained for

You’re all alone now

You forgot about the others you were begging for

You're all alone

So talk to the ones that you want to ignore

You're all alone now

You used to be a little crazy now there's so much more

You're all alone

Update: I listened to it again today and this time I heard the third line as “You’re surrounded by the others you were begging for” instead.

Which would present an interesting contrast to the overriding “you’re all alone.” Perhaps it speaks of someone who has surrounded herself with false friends and flatterers as a substitute for true companions and loved ones (referred to in the next line as “the ones that you want to ignore”). Or himself, of course. After all, who’s the number one person that comes to mind for all of us in that case? Perhaps Axl had someone else in mind but ended up writing a wakeup call best directed at himself.

EDIT: It also fits much better with the line before it, “so you got more than you bargained for.” You got all those ‘friends’ and admirers you always wanted. And yet you’re more alone now than ever. I am now fully convinced this is the true version of that line.

Edited by Flayer

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, betterman said:

Perhaps is a great song!

This is a really great "EP" :

Hardschool
State of Grace
Perhaps
Atlas
Going Down

I think also the original version of OH my God fits in there together with some of the instrumentals like Zodiac, Soul monster and Circus maximus.

Perhaps is brilliant. When I hear it I imagine Axl in the snow with the revolver from the Don't Cry video. I think it could have been a pretty big single had come out shortly after 2000 with a big budget music video on MTV.

That EP you mention that leaked in 2019 would easily be the strongest thing released under the GNR name since the UYI albums, had it been an official release. Without question for me.

Edited by jackparker123

I'm only just back into the GNR fold after a few years away and never even knew these leaks existed! 

I wasn't able to find any of them other than "Hard Skool" which is up on YouTube. Am I right in saying that's the full version of "Checkmate" of which about 30 secs were leaked way back around 2006?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ags_rule said:

I'm only just back into the GNR fold after a few years away and never even knew these leaks existed! 

I wasn't able to find any of them other than "Hard Skool" which is up on YouTube. Am I right in saying that's the full version of "Checkmate" of which about 30 secs were leaked way back around 2006?

Yes