Watching HOB 2000/2001

I hope this warrants a new topic.

watching the leak of this whole show, and I think with all these recent leaks from this era, we can all agree that not only did we get screwed as fans from missing the possible 2000/2001 album that not only did we get screwed, but axl and the fellas on the crew at that time...they got screwed too.

Thanks Ezrin and Iovine. 

Edited by JAxlMorrison
  • Like 3

100% with you on that.

Then again, despite the great songs, I'm not sure the album would have done well saleswise had it been released back then.

Most old fans would have not embraced the change and younger music fans were too busy with modern bands definitely more hip to give a chance to a rocker from a past generation trying to reinvent himself with a bunch of talented and freaky looking musicians.

2008 was a much better period in a way, because a wave of nostalgia was already riding among the music listeners. At that point, they were in the same league with Metallica and AC/DC, whose then-new albums were released around the same time.

Just speculating, of course.

• Like 1

I always thought late 2008 was a dreadful period to release this album because so much bullshit was happening in the world - wars, the great (global) recession, physical CD sales plummeted, the death of albums and rise of singles only, etc. 

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I hope this warrants a new topic.

watching the leak of this whole show, and I think with all these recent leaks from this era, we can all agree that not only did we get screwed as fans from missing the possible 2000/2001 album that not only did we get screwed, but axl and the fellas on the crew at that time...they got screwed too.

Thanks Ezrin and Iovine. 

Bob Ezrin was just a means to an end from Geffen/Interscope. They just wanted Slash. He was not a cutting edge producer at that time and his opinion should have never been taken into consideration. He looked at all this as a comparison to the past which was stupid. They should have been asking the opinion of someone with a vision towards the future. Not trotting out fossils like him and RTB. Sean Beaven was actually the right person to helm a project like this which is why Axl picked him in the first place. And almost everything he did ended up on CD anyway and it’s what you are hearing on these leaks. 

• Like 3

It's all bs because I heard the leaks way back when and that still didn't stop me from buying CD when it dropped because I knew the leaks were just demos. I wanted the finished product and even bought 3 copies of it when it finally dropped. 2 were gifts for others. No matter what happens I'll do the same thing next time too. Axl needs to realize that