“As It Began” Full Leak Discussion **NO LINKS, 7 DAY SUSPENSION FOR ASKING/HINTING FOR LINKS **

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

For now, I have this as the closing track on my fanmade version of CD2:

1.Hardschool 2.Atlas (Drums Up) 3.Perhaps 4.State of Grace 5.Silkworms 2000 6.The General (Evader’s) 7.Oh My God (Single Version) 8.Going Down (2002) 9.As It Began

Is Evaders the General worth listening to? So CD2 will essentially be an EP. composed of demos. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

43 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Do we have any idea what As It Began actually is? I don’t recall that being a title on the discs. Should be able to narrow it down based on track lengths. 

It's on "Rough Mixes CD#4" from the storage locker CDs. It says "Ver. 1" but there isn't a "Ver. 2" on the other CDs.

• GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Would’ve been cool to hear axls vision for gnr. He was at least trying to be progressive and move the music forward instead of playing generic cock rock slash riffs. Every great band progressed their sound forward (other than The Rolling Stones), axls intentions were grand but it didn’t work out.

Really? I think the Stones progressed quite dramatically. They began as a fairly purist blues covers outfit, veering into rock n' roll and soul, before encompassing English-folk, psychedelic, music hall and other ''English'' influences (c. 1965-67), country rock (1968-), world music, reggae and such like ('73ish), funk (stuff like ''Fingerprint File''), disco and punk ('78ish, Some Girls era), New Age '80s (Undercover of the Night). Jagger flirted with the Dust Brothers during Bridges to Babylon.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Really? I think the Stones progressed quite dramatically. They began as a fairly purist blues covers outfit, veering into rock n' roll and soul, before encompassing English-folk, psychedelic, music hall and other ''English'' influences (c. 1965-67), country rock (1968-), world music, reggae and such like ('73ish), funk (stuff like ''Fingerprint File''), disco and punk ('78ish, Some Girls era), New Age '80s (Undercover of the Night). Jagger flirted with the Dust Brothers during Bridges to Babylon.  

Seriously. I think AC/DC is a better example of a band that never made any progression musically.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm losing track of all of this, but I think Nothing and Eye On You are (supposedly) the only other tracks for any vocals. 

There's supposed to be one or 2 more. But in some cases "lyrics" means a very small amount of vocals. Or so I've heard. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe Axl himself added the "whales/dolphins" there or had Pitman add them. :lol:

I wish it was a proper song with vocals. But even as it is I think it could be part of a nice movie soundtrack and for that purpose the "dolphins" add a spookiness that works.

whales/dolphin noises are Axl's cowbell. I think this piano idea has a lot of potential. Nothing as promising or classic sounding has leaked imo. I can already picture UYI guitar work on it spliced by Axl from 50 Slash takes. But maybe he already worked on this instrumental and at least came up with a vocal melody who knows.

Listening to all the leaks I think Axl could have released a sprawling 2 disc album and what we ultimately got was 1 cd with probably less than half of what Axl had cause he talked about a trilogy at some point early in the 2000's.

• Like 2