New LA Show Sep 21

2 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

Well I guess the Charlotte show I'm seeing won't be the dreaded "first show back" anymore. That's pretty cool! 

I think it's now known as the dreaded 'first week back'. Hopefully he comes out of the gates strong though, prove me wrong old boy!!!

I registered for tickets. We'll see if I get picked to buy them. (you not only need a citi card but also need to be selected to purchase)

It's only cool because it's smaller. The Palladium is a pretty cool place, but not my favorite. Throwing in one new song to the same stale set won't do much for me though. If I get to go, I hope it's considerably different than the last LA show at the forum because that got a little boring for me. (though I know it won't be ha)

We'll see what happens.

Edited by Stiff Competition

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked at the idea of a pop up show.

No, I'm not expecting huge set list changes. No, I'm expecting them to play any of the leaks. Honestly, I'm not even expecting Axl to mention it.

BUT.....we're always so bored with GN'R doing the same old same old and this isn't that. Yes, it's kind of a minor thing but it is something other bands do. We're all always going on about how GN'R should do things "other bands" do and this is one of them, so I'll take it.

(wouldn't it be incredible if a surprise album dropped on steaming services on Friday though, right before this show?!)

I don't understand why they don't make something like this a 'Nightrain members only' show.  I haven't been a member of that fanclub for a year and a half now, but one of the reasons I left Nightrain was that the Troubadour show wasn't opened up to fan club members whatsoever.  Such a missed opportunity.  It was clear then that being a member of that fanclub was useless.  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think Axl would have a heart attack from singing Dead Horse these days :lol:

Is it that much more challenging than "out ta get me" or "Shadow of your love". I don't expect them to play it or "Pretty tied up"... but I think he could do it.

Might scare him into getting his voice back in 2016 shape if there was a few more songs that challenged him!

1 minute ago, default_ said:

Its a great moment to debut something new. Aside some minor issues the whole " hardcore " fanbase is hungry and interested in the band again with the recent leaks. It would keep the momentum.

And lets face it, this band has always been great at building on momentum. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I haven't heard these rumors? 

Me either.

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

So I guess the rumors about the band being in turmoil again are not legit, or else this show wouldn’t have been announced, I don’t think.

I think the rumours are that the band are getting on famously. Haven't heard any negatives at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Me either.

I think the rumours are that the band are getting on famously. Haven't heard any negatives at all.

Yeah I think it’s just gossip that resulted from Beta’s comment on Susan McKagan’s instagram.

Edited by rocknroll41

If there going to play new stuff, or songs that really push Axl then I doubt they will do it first show back.

More chance of a rant I think, hopefully a bi-product of the leaks could be that it lit a fire under him. 

Big clue about new songs being played could be if they are really clamping down on recording at this show

6 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

If there going to play new stuff, or songs that really push Axl then I doubt they will do it first show back.

More chance of a rant I think, hopefully a bi-product of the leaks could be that it lit a fire under him. 

Big clue about new songs being played could be if they are really clamping down on recording at this show

Axl has a history of debuting stuff by surprise on "test" gigs so its a possibility. Not that it happened a lot, but still. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I think it’s just gossip that resulted from Beta’s comment on Susan McKagan’s instagram.

Oh yeah I saw that. Was that her account though or someone pretending. I hope it was fake, not that care if they fight, but for GNRs manager to be posting stupid comments back to fans like that, would be very, very sad. 

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Oh yeah I saw that. Was that her account though or someone pretending. I hope it was fake, not that care if they fight, but for GNRs manager to be posting stupid comments back to fans like that, would be very, very sad. 

It was her account. And yes, she stopped following Susan.

16 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Axl's not fat. I mean, not really... he just has a moderate spare tire around his waist. 

Where you from Ontario, @soon?:suspicious:

No word of a lie, I just posted a picture of the Big Mac I had for lunch in a different thread! :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1