09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

Unfortunately I don't arrive in the US until a few days after this show. At least the band are active and everything is on track for the festival shows. Looking forward to seeing the band in Austin. Really excited to see the band play live again, after last seeing them in Auckland, NZ in 2017. Probably be the last time we see GNR in NZ, due to the distance. Its taken 3 years for Metallica to arrive in NZ for their current tour, so maybe I have some hope, that GNR will play in NZ again , so I don't need to travel the world to see the band live. 

Edited by kiwiguns

1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

Looks like tickets are officially 175 according to the GNR Facebook page,

That puts them over 200 with fees. Count me out.

I would love to go, being in LA but I just dropped a shit ton to see Tool next month and a shit ton to see 2 shows in 2016, I am sitting this one out too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I would love to go, being in LA but I just dropped a shit ton to see Tool next month and a shit ton to see 2 shows in 2016, I am sitting this one out too

Yah, I’ve spent a ton since they first started the tour and nothing has changed so it doesn’t seem worth it anymore. I’d rather put the money toward other band’s shows or records or something.

shall we?

Spoiler

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

Double Talkin' Jive

Better

Estranged

Live and Let Die

Slither

Rocket Queen

Shadow Of Your Love

You Could Be Mine

You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory/New Rose

This I Love

Civil War

Yesterdays

Coma

Slash - Instrumental jam/Godfather Theme

Sweet Child O' Mine

Wichita Lineman

Used To Love Her

Slash/4tus - Wish You Were Here

Layla/November Rain

Black Hole Sun

Only Woman Bleed/Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Nightrain

ENCORE:

Patience

Jam/Don't Cry

The Seeker

Paradise City

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

shall we?

Hide contents

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

Double Talkin' Jive

Better

Estranged

Live and Let Die

Slither

Rocket Queen

Shadow Of Your Love

You Could Be Mine

You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory/New Rose

This I Love

Civil War

Yesterdays

Coma

Slash - Instrumental jam/Godfather Theme

Sweet Child O' Mine

Wichita Lineman

Used To Love Her

Slash/4tus - Wish You Were Here

Layla/November Rain

Black Hole Sun

Only Woman Bleed/Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Nightrain

ENCORE:

Patience

Jam/Don't Cry

The Seeker

Paradise City

what the fuck man, you just ruined the surprise setlist

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

It’d be really cool if they played some of the leaked songs. Won’t happen, but would be awesome to hear Hard School, Perhaps, State of Grace* or Atlas live.

*assuming the 1/1,000,000 chance of this song played happens someone please zoom in to the teleprompter so we can understand the lyrics 

Well, they need to play something new... whatever it is. And release a single.

Otherwise the tour is going to flop or at least be less succesful.

First tour with Slash: Everyone wanted to see them again.

Second tour with Slash: People (like me) who missed them the first time, went to the concert.

A third tour with the same setlist will only attract the die hard fans.

I really enjoyed the concert I went to, but I'm not going again if nothing has changed (unless they do Ahoy Rotterdam, which is only a 15 min drive for me... I might do it again... but I'm not driving across the country again to Nijmegen or Arnhem for the same setlist).

PS

The Gelredome in Arnhem sucks. I've been there 3 times and the only concert I enjoyed was Eric Clapton. GnR and also Aerosmith sounded way too loud and it just became a sound clipping fest that was trying to murder everyone's eardrums.

Nijmegen in the open air was great. Ahoy in 2012 was fine too.

For Aerosmith I had to drive to friggin' Germany the last time :lol: It's a shame so many people in my area don't like rock music at all... which is why most rock bands either do Arnhem / Nijmegen or multiple visits to Amsterdam.

The venues in Amsterdam are great though, especially the smaller ones.... been there lots of times, for bands like The Black Crowes, Velvet Revolver, also Walking Papers and Loaded.

Duff is probably the gunner I have seen the most (saw him in 4 bands :lol: ). The VR concert was sad though... you could see they didn't really enjoy it and it turned out to be their last.

Edited by Lethalis

4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Unfortunately I don't arrive in the US until a few days after this show. At least the band are active and everything is on track for the festival shows. Looking forward to seeing the band in Austin. Really excited to see the band play live again, after last seeing them in Auckland, NZ in 2017. Probably be the last time we see GNR in NZ, due to the distance. Its taken 3 years for Metallica to arrive in NZ for their current tour, so maybe I have some hope, that GNR will play in NZ again , so I don't need to travel the world to see the band live. 

Rumours are of an asian tour early 2020 so fingers crossed.

7 hours ago, saint_seiya said:

oh wow! i bet they'll go cheaper on stubhub!

It’s all speculative prices as of now (obviously no one has tickets ) but it’s a grand to get in as of now on stubhub.When Metallica played a few years ago it was 100 bucks face value I paid 150 to get in day of show I think it’ll be 225/250 to get in hoping to go but not paying anything over 200

12 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Oh, I've paid $250 to see GNR the last time they played Dallas. I would love to go, but I don't live in LA. Damn it!

I'm so sick of body shaming. Bill Mahr just said some stupid about over weight people. Like he's so perfect.

We are all different looking and maybe if more people were nicer to others and offered helping others, it would be a better healthier world.

Maybe body shaming can lead to people eating better and exercising more. I don't think people should shame people for being ugly because they can't do anything about it. If you don't exercise and spend the day shoveling fast food into your mouth then a little "shaming" could be a good thing.

Now Axl isn't to that level. I'm referring to unhealthy, obese people not a beer belly or a woman with thighs that are a little chunky.

And, yes, I do know that a small percentage of severely obese people have medical issues that cause them to be that way. However, most "fat slobs" get that way due to lifestyle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lethalis said:

A third tour with the same setlist will only attract the die hard fans.

disagree, the die hard fans are bored of the same set and put off by the ridiculous ticket prices
these shows are for the few rich casual fans who didnt see them in 2016-18 and want to get GNR off of their bucket list.. thats the only way i can explain the choice of venues and the ticket prices

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

Maybe body shaming can lead to people eating better and exercising more.

Often it is the other way around... people get depressed, are sedentary, and start comfort eating... and then they get fat.

Body shaming will just make it worse.

Although there is something wrong in the US... because we don't have that many obese people in Europe.

Too much sugar...

Image will always be important to rock stars. James Hetfield is making his thinning grey hair and wrinkly face look badass in his mid 50s. Axl probably wouldn’t look all that different from the Metallica frontman today if he’d kept away from the surgeons and then we could have official YouTube videos of the tour instead of the heavily Photoshopped black and white stills from Katarina.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Amaya said:

Izzy, who won't be there at this short concert at home, is no longer Thin Izzy. He has that mid age man spread and he dresses in his real life so old.        Lol. Like man, you can   wear a tee shirt and nice jacket. Some Abercrombie looks, and not his Sears -JCPennys older men's dept style.  

This is not true.

Izzy is still thin and yeah, he looks old because he is a man in his late 50's but he doesn't look older than that neither he is oftenly mistaken by a woman.

And the few times we've seen Izzy on stage, he was wearing nice stage clothes.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Is this concert even available to those who don't have a Citibank card as of the day the show was announced?  Getting approved for a Citi card would probably take longer than the time tickets go on sale

Given the price, the late notice, the fact the venue is 5,000 capacity so not really that small and the restrictions placed on buyers (i.e. only Citi customers) I strongly suspect they'll put some tickets on general sale. Otherwise I think it could actually not sell out. 

No worries about it selling out.

This is a CITI corporate gig...expect Citi Corp cardmembers, big-wig suits and their clients to be given a ton of free tickets. 

This one isn't about the fans at all.  (not sure anything this band does is about the fans anymore)

• Like 2