09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

1 minute ago, ramsey said:

FOR ANYONE USING STUBHUB - PLEASE READ.

This is not meant to freak anyone out (and certainly not discourage anyone from trying) but here's some intel from the past couple of weeks re Stubhub. 

On 9/12 purchased a ticket to see Prophets of Rage at The Mayan in Downtown LA. When I got to the venue my ticket (which appeared as a PDF) was ACCESS DENIED. The door security said this has been happening. 

A friend of mine (with inferior musical taste) purchased two tickets to The Black Keys last night at The Wiltern in LA. He and what he described as dozens of others all had the same issue I did - sold FAKE tickets by Stubhub. 

I was refunded by Stubhub (as was my friend) but it was a massive letdown for both of us. 

There are 100% real tickets on there, there's just also some bad ones.

Stubhub needs to up their game. 

I was at the Black Keys show at the Wiltern last night and this happened to me. The issue wasn’t stubhub’s fault at all. Live Nation/Ticketmaster apparently made all of the tickets non-transferable, “rotating” the bar codes on every ticket so that they didn’t match once they were sold to a third party. Hundreds of people who bought real tickets that people re-sold on stubhub and other third party sites were turned away at the door. Once the set was about to start at 9:15 and they realized the theater was still half empty, they started letting us in. But a whole lot of people had already left by then. Point is, check your tickets to see if they say “non-transferable.” If so, they will do this at the palladium as well, and if you sell tickets and the person who bought yours gets rejected at the door, stubhub will refund the buyer and charge you for the full price of the ticket you listed plus a fee. If you buy on stubhub be prepared for this kind of situation. Maybe even call stubhub customer service first and ask if they have a read on this since it seems like it’s becomming common place with LNTM shows 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

ha this isn't working out as planned.

tickets are readily still available, people are being moved off the waitlist and tickets on stub hub are only like 260, which isn't a whole lot more than face value.

To be fair, we called that from the start. It's too expensive, very late notice, and full of so many restrictions and variations that people have no idea what's going on! 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 10:12 AM, 818sack said:

I was at the Black Keys show at the Wiltern last night and this happened to me. The issue wasn’t stubhub’s fault at all. Live Nation/Ticketmaster apparently made all of the tickets non-transferable, “rotating” the bar codes on every ticket so that they didn’t match once they were sold to a third party. Hundreds of people who bought real tickets that people re-sold on stubhub and other third party sites were turned away at the door. Once the set was about to start at 9:15 and they realized the theater was still half empty, they started letting us in. But a whole lot of people had already left by then. Point is, check your tickets to see if they say “non-transferable.” If so, they will do this at the palladium as well, and if you sell tickets and the person who bought yours gets rejected at the door, stubhub will refund the buyer and charge you for the full price of the ticket you listed plus a fee. If you buy on stubhub be prepared for this kind of situation. Maybe even call stubhub customer service first and ask if they have a read on this since it seems like it’s becomming common place with LNTM shows 

Edited by patiencepatience

1 minute ago, Partyslammer said:

Just scored a "regular" $175 Citi ticket an hour after the initial onsale.  Was moved off the waitlist about 9:30am and had to go through several browsers both on my phone and desktop and multiple texted phone codes and passwords  before I could find one that would actually get through whatever glitches are going on with TM's ordering process.  Seems like there's heavy demand but the hoops people have to jump through to complete a ticket buy is just insane and probably putting a lot of buyers off this gig. Tremendous hassle but worked out in the end.

By 'glitches' you mean Ticketmaster's usual bullshit of trying to give the illusion of false demand to make fans buy tickets at prices they've inflated themselves, because they have the monopoly on selling? 

I despise Ticketmaster. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Partyslammer said:

Just scored a "regular" $175 Citi ticket an hour after the initial onsale.  Was moved off the waitlist about 9:30am and had to go through several browsers both on my phone and desktop and multiple texted phone codes and passwords  before I could find one that would actually get through whatever glitches are going on with TM's ordering process.  Seems like there's heavy demand but the hoops people have to jump through to complete a ticket buy is just insane and probably putting a lot of buyers off this gig. Tremendous hassle but worked out in the end.

Had the same issue. The TM site is pretty bad for a large corporation. 

15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yo can I get in on this?

Man I wish I could go but I can't afford that much right now. I guess I'll watch videos on Tako's IG after the gig.

Doesn't matter the rules are if they play any new songs covers don't count you can get her for free you don't have to be at the show to win her. btw she's a blow up doll not a real woman

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

You think they might hand out free tickets at the door tomorrow night if the venue isn't full? Like they did at the Apollo.

The Apollo show was a Sirius XM invite only concert. No tickets were sold. If anyone was given entry at the door, and not invited, it's bc some of the industry execs that were invited didn't show and Sirius wanted to do the right thing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

By 'glitches' you mean Ticketmaster's usual bullshit of trying to give the illusion of false demand to make fans buy tickets at prices they've inflated themselves, because they have the monopoly on selling? 

I despise Ticketmaster. 

Yeah, it's pretty fucked up and I'm pretty familiar with their BS "flex-Pricing" gimmick even though I only go to less than half a dozen shows per year anymore.  But this is the first time I've seen it used the first hour a shows gone onsale.