09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

I don’t know to me Axl was not mailing it in he’s freaking 57 time is freaking undefeated I was at the show and in no way was that man not giving all he had he sure sounded pretty good to my ears and seemed to be having a blast up on stage .Who the hell knows maybe he’s got a few extra pounds because of side effects to medications to help treat some sort of mental illness .When I was down and out I got on meds and gained 25 lbs in a short period of time I was able to come off the meds and the weight came off maybe he can’t get off the meds just saying we don’t know him and to make assumptions that the man is lazy and doesn’t care and that’s why he’s gained weight is a bit unfair he was always in great shape until the last decade I guess I’m speculating but maybe it’s a side effect he didn’t look like a guy who doesn’t care last night 

• Like 2

Does Duff still insist they dont have a set list during his interviews?

as far as Axls weight- yes he definitely put on another 10 to 15 pounds.  not a huge deal as he either hates working out or (more likely) hates eating healthy, or a side effect from his meds.  His appearance is his business, but one you start getting too big, you risk heart attacks, etc.  would prefer for him to stay healthy for a good long time yet

Edited by Chester 524

- Axl sounded fine based on what I saw

- Locomotive and HS being on the setlist is a good thing. The set last night as both, a warm up show and shorter. And SOYL wasnt played on the first date of the tour it showed up on the setlist

- The band as a whole sounds tight, even Frank

Overall I am just not seeing this disaster some people are calling it.  It seemed to be fine - my friend who was there said it was amazing and was recieved well by the crowd.  Axl has a few more pounds in the belly area but whatever, it is silly to obsess over that.

Everything is fine, no need to hyperbolize

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 4

I completely disagree with a few people here. I don’t think that Axl is that motivated since the 90’s. Come on, the guy made amendments with his old budies, they made an amazing successful tour for the last 2,5 years. There’s peace and happiness in the GNR world and they are working on new material - Slash confirmed once again on Eddie Trunks show last week. They’re already doing it. I can’t really believe that there’s people comparing all that with the guy that has been working for over a decade with a bunch os hired hands with whom he never really felt comfortable to release new music. He was playing smaller places every tour, the critics would bash him all the time, outside of forums no one really care abou what he was doing. It really makes me laugh. They all seem to be having fun.

My only point is that the setlist could change a little to give us, the die hards, a treat. I’m sure the casuals are pretty happy as it is. The band is also pretty rich by now. I’m sure that if they were not enjoying they could just call it a day.

But as a fan I always want to see more of them - deep cuts, new material etc.

Poor Axl man, must not feel great to be made fun of for gaining maybe 10 extra pounds nearing 60 years old. I’m not saying the guy is perfect and should be immune to criticism, as he has wasted many years and lacks communication with the fans, but the weight thing is just ridiculous. It’s borderline cruelty.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, from everything I've seen (clips of the show) people are seriously over reacting. 

I almost didn't watch any clips because of the posts I saw. Then I watched a couple and I'm glad I did. Turns out the vocal minority was in fact over reacting again. 

I watched the whole show, there were some hiccups. Axl really was bad during the end of coma, better was rough, it wasn't his strongest jungle or brownstone, but man he brought it elsewhere.  SCOM, SOYL, Slither, NR, YCBM.  All great.  I can't say he was perfect last night but I was happy with his performance.  It was a warm up show after all.  I would have been thrilled to be there.

14 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I completely disagree with a few people here. I don’t think that Axl is that motivated since the 90’s.

Just have a look at House of Blues 2001... any show from 2006 & 2010... or even Axl with AC/DC. Then look at yesterday's show. It's night and day. Maybe you haven't followed the band since the 90's and only cared about the reunion.

"that motivated since the 90's"... :lol: Taco Bell motivation for sure. As for the rest, sorry but no. I can't help but wonder what kind of sandwiches he eats. What I'm sure is that it would take a lot more people than you... to eat this sandwich. Even with an iron stomach. More than you got to finish the plate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, D.. said:

Just have a look at House of Blues 2001... any show from 2006 & 2010... or even Axl with AC/DC. Then look at yesterday's show. It's night and day. Maybe you haven't followed the band since the 90's and only cared about the reunion.

"that motivated since the 90's"... :lol: Taco Bell motivation for sure. As for the rest, sorry but no. I can't help but wonder what kind of sandwiches he eats. What I'm sure is that it would take a lot more people than you... to eat this sandwich. Even with an iron stomach. More than you got to finish the plate.

I not only followed the band as I’ve to shows and I completely stand by what I said. What he had was a cove band trying to emulate the chemistry he had in the past with Duff and Slash. No wonder he only released one album during all the years.