09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's more like Disneyland. It costs a small fortune, and you get to see Mickey Mouse.

During the break; Slash released "Living The Dream", toured with it and got out a live dvd of the tour. Duff released "Tenderness" and did a mini tour. Axl got a haircut.

Yikes, this is why I don't come to the message boards anymore.  Too many people wallowing in their own misery and negativity.  The band was tight as fuck tonight and Axl was great 90% of the time. The

Posted Images

Some people say that Axl is "often out of breath" which isn't true imo.. He was often out of breath in the 90s when he tried to hard and didn't know how to breathe properly, but I think his work with his vocal teacher fixed this, especially from 2016 on, no matter how much he sounds like Mickey Mouse, his breathing has improved so much, he is almost never out of breath and also in tune for most of the time

Btw the short hair cut rocks :headbang:

• Thanks 1

And regarding his voice yesterday, I have only heard Jungle and PC so far.. It seems like the rasp is not there but his clean voice sounds strong and controlled! PC sounds close to 2016 where he sang it clean but powerful (unlike the US run 2017 where he had that forced uncontrolled rasp) 

Jungle is clean as well but not Mickey sounding

What I always said was that the NITL set needed another Slash solo....🤣 these guys are fucking clueless, tour opener and they play the same tired old set. Why not come out of the gates swinging? This is a band that know they don't  have to work hard, because people still turn up. It's a pity! Yes there are alternate songs on the set! But that's far from a guarantee, how many years has Perfect Crime been an alternate? Exactly,  they haven't  played it once since it popped up on a set in what 2006/09 

They really should have swapped around the order.  After Civil war, there's about 25minutes where it's absolutely  boring. I'd take out that entire stretch, replace it with patience and deadhorse. There's  really no need to stretch the show out to 3hrs, you have to be a really due hard gnr defender not to admit that it sags in the middle. Too many solos, too much down time between songs! And it's far too predictable 3yrs in.

I'm interested  to see if they play hardschool m, dead horse and locomotive but I'm far from excited as a fan.

Edited by Tom2112

^ There's nothing wrong with playing a new song for that 15%, though.

When I saw them in 2017, I thought the setlist could've been a little more condensed. There were times where the energy kind of just fizzled a bit. But most of the people like those long shows, so it's cool, I guess.

Edited by jekylhyde

As much as I am disappointed in the setlist, feels right for a festival (excluding Coma, Wichita, BHS) or the new markets they will hit. However, this is close to exhausted. Slash and Duff have to be bored. 

Appreciate those defending Axl - but it’s just a damn shame all around. Suppose we should enjoy what we can while we can. 

23 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

They really should have swapped around the order.  After Civil war, there's about 25minutes where it's absolutely  boring. I'd take out that entire stretch, replace it with patience and deadhorse. There's  really no need to stretch the show out to 3hrs, you have to be a really due hard gnr defender not to admit that it sags in the middle. Too many solos, too much down time between songs! And it's far too predictable.

In my humble opinion, the set list is perfectly fine. And there's no need of solos (unless it's because Axl needs to rest his voice) but, the setlist is predictable because there are no new songs.

3 minutes ago, Creed said:

but being realistic, i would say only 15% of the audience would like to hear new stuff...the forum communities are superfans who don't represent the ticket buyers. gnr is a nostalgia act. the mainstream will hate silkworms.

TBH quite many people here hate/dislike Silkworms too.

1 minute ago, jekylhyde said:

^ There's nothing wrong with playing a new song for that 15%, though.

Absolutely. Even if you are Axl Rose (who's mind must be one of the most complex & mysterious places in the universe) you must understand that many of the die hard fans are simply interested in music that you have created (with other people) and just want to hear it.   

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, h2sublime said:

One thing I noticed while looking at the Blabbermouth article about this show was that the comments were full of statements like “awesome setlist” so no matter what those of us that follow the band’s every show might think, the casual fan of GNR is very happy with it.

Truth is we, the hardcore fans are sick of it because we follow every show and have the setlist memorized. But the setlist is pretty solid to those who haven’t seen Guns live or haven’t in many years. Chinese songs, good portion of Appetite, UYI deepcuts, Slither, etc. It is solid but most of the hardcore fan base has tired on it.

• Like 2

Was at the show, 2 people away from the absolute front, slash threw me a guitar pick, when paradise began to play I made my way towards the back/middle of the crowd in prime position for Axls mic throw, i got 2 fingers on the mic, about 4 of us fell to the ground and I think some old lady managed to get away with the microphone lol.

i yelled jackie chan and silkworms a few times when it was quiet, I know for a fact axl heard me at least twice.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, fumardude said:

Was at the show, 2 people away from the absolute front, slash threw me a guitar pick, when paradise began to play I made my way towards the back/middle of the crowd in prime position for Axls mic throw, i got 2 fingers on the mic, about 4 of us fell to the ground and I think some old lady managed to get away with the microphone lol.

i yelled jackie chan and silkworms a few times when it was quiet, I know for a fact axl heard me at least twice.

I’m really glad you and a few others have been pushing for Hard School, I’d love to hear it more than any other song right now, but I do wonder if Axl regrets putting it on the alt setlist more and more and will refuse to play it due to that. 

• Like 1

Who cares what anyone in the band looks like ? 

Can they still play at a high level ? U damn right they can and they do !! 

I can listen to Slash all day everyday “ Professional “ always brings it every gig 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Creed said:

but being realistic, i would say only 15% of the audience would like to hear new stuff...the forum communities are superfans who don't represent the ticket buyers. gnr is a nostalgia act. the mainstream will hate silkworms.

I don’t know about all of that. Even if you’re a casual fan that just wants to see em live, chances are pretty high that you have see them on the NITL tour. It’s not going to kill the band to rehearse some different songs and mix the set list up a little. 

I woke up this morning and looked at the set list and just shook my head 😂 talk about phoning it in... hey I guess they can laugh all the way to the bank