09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

9 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Not bad...

Also.. Axl and Slash sharing a mic together (2:30) is iconic. You may say they are fat and old but it’s still magical

Lol watching this I once again heard "LIVIN LIKE A LEMON..AINT SO HOT" haha love that. Also Axls vocals on this are really great. Slash really seems to be into the song aswell. And watching Dizzy pretend to do something is hilarious

• Haha 1

Here we go with the "He's in his 50's, so it's ok to be fat and out of breath."

He's also the lead singer of a rock n' roll band. A musician, a celebrity. He's held to a different standard, that's why people talk about it more. When you have Springsteen, Bon Jovi, and Steven Tyler who all still look like they did 20 years ago, than why is Axl an exception? Why is it different with him? If it was because of medication or something like that, than yeah I don't think he has much control over it. But, to defend him like you know what's going on just seems strange and cult-like. What if he's just a lazy asshole with no drive or fire under him because now he's making a lot of money touring with Slash? And I find it sad that the Axl Rose has turned into nothing more than a shadow of his former self. The jewelry and hats don't both me, it's the T-shirts and cut up jeans, the oversized leather jackets. It's crazy to see the once perfectionist, who was took 20 years to release 1 ablum, is now a nostalgia act. 

According to this forum, once I hit my 50's, I can start eating whatever I want and not care about my health or appearance.  I guess all the middle age guys in my local gym should stop working out and trying to stay in shape, once you reach a certain age it's ok to not care anymore. 

• Like 2

MyHairstyleForum.

Seriously I read a few pages and it's like reading nothing but Miser posts. What the fuck is wrong with you people? :lol:

He doesn't sound "Berlin 2018" bad but still pretty weak from the songs I've seen so far. I will never understand why he refuses to alter the setlist to fit the voices he can still actually use...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

MyHairstyleForum.

Seriously I read a few pages and it's like reading nothing but Miser posts. What the fuck is wrong with you people? :lol:

He doesn't sound "Berlin 2018" bad but still pretty weak from the songs I've seen so far. I will never understand why he refuses to alter the setlist to fit the voices he can still actually use...

The solution -  we should start:

- Axl's stomach - thread - complaining about his weight 

- Axl's hair- thread - complaining about his hair 

- Axl's voice thread -complaining about his v... oh wait - we already have that, never mind. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Man some lucky fan met Axl last night . I found a pic in a public Facebook group. Has it been posted here yet? 

FB_IMG_1569179215002.jpg

No offense but this dude has to be really happy that Axl didn’t wear a longsleeve and you can see his famous tattoo. Otherwise everybody would ask why he is posting a pic with a grumpy ugly lady 😄

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, GNR123GNR456 said:

Here we go with the "He's in his 50's, so it's ok to be fat and out of breath."

He's also the lead singer of a rock n' roll band. A musician, a celebrity. He's held to a different standard, that's why people talk about it more. When you have Springsteen, Bon Jovi, and Steven Tyler who all still look like they did 20 years ago, than why is Axl an exception? Why is it different with him? If it was because of medication or something like that, than yeah I don't think he has much control over it. But, to defend him like you know what's going on just seems strange and cult-like. What if he's just a lazy asshole with no drive or fire under him because now he's making a lot of money touring with Slash? And I find it sad that the Axl Rose has turned into nothing more than a shadow of his former self. The jewelry and hats don't both me, it's the T-shirts and cut up jeans, the oversized leather jackets. It's crazy to see the once perfectionist, who was took 20 years to release 1 ablum, is now a nostalgia act. 

According to this forum, once I hit my 50's, I can start eating whatever I want and not care about my health or appearance.  I guess all the middle age guys in my local gym should stop working out and trying to stay in shape, once you reach a certain age it's ok to not care anymore. 

You criticise fans for blindly defending him without knowing what the cause of his weight gain is, but you’re giving him shit and you don’t have a clue either. Supposing it is meds related, then vile comments about his weight from supposed fans would be pretty cruel. 

Without knowing the full facts the best thing is just to shut up. It’s not like he’s a model or Hollywood actor who trades on his appearance.

And the bullshit about his weight effecting his vocal performance is just that... bullshit. I’ve seen plenty of worse performances from Axl when he looked in better shape than he did last night, which proves that there’s little correlation to be made between weight and the quality of his vocal. 

Ever heard of Adele?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Alright everyone, my wife has weighed in on Axl's haircut. 

Her official ruling is "It's fine" 

So, in short, you can all go about your business now. It's fine. 

Mine added that "It looks good" but "a beard would look even better"

• Like 1