09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

Fantastic show...haven't seen Axl smile that much at a show in forever. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

Does anyone know if Axl brought back the “Do you know where you are” intro to Jungle tonight? Or are they still skipping that.

He did not do it

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

LOL ... I've seen this tour THREE times now ... Spent upwards of $1000 on this band ... I'm 23 years old ... "People like me ..." Go fuck yourself ... THE SHOW IS BORING 

So you are attending three times to a show you don't enjoy and then you're complaining about spending more than 1000 bucks on it?

I attended to 4 shows since the reunion and I didn't feel bored for a second. 

Although I'm happy it's the final run because it's time for new music. I don't think I would attend to every tour leg without new music anymore.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

So you are attending three times to a show you don't enjoy and then you're complaining about spending more than 1000 bucks on it?

I attended to 4 shows since the reunion and I didn't feel bored for a second. 

Although I'm happy it's the final run because it's time for new music. I don't think I would attend to every tour leg without new music anymore.

They said the last one was the final run.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, feli1269 said:

I’m really pissed off. This band always troll us. They tour like if they are like The Rolling Stones and even them “relive” some really old songs that they don’t play often. I really hate all the covers. WICHITA LINEMAN!!!! GNR has a lot of amazing songs and plays this shitty cover. 

Its better than any of the other covers they play. What they need to do is bring back Pretty Tied Up. Seems like a song that would be a breeze for Axl to sing at this point, same with Bad Obsession.

• Like 1

A lot of people saying Axl was lip synching because he sounds better this time through than he did last time in Kentucky. I honestly think the rumors of him working with a vocal coach over the last year or so may be true.  That may also be why the screaming was dropped from the WTTJ intro. Axl seemed really into tonight's show, the crowd was not having it. He lost the crowd when they were "late". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think my main problem with the set is that every other major leg tried to do something different- the 2017 summer tour added BHS, Wichita, So Good (all covers but something), and a bunch of amazing Chinese songs. 2018 added Slither and Shadow. 2019 and nothing. There was potential for them to spice things up with the rumoured Hard School, Locomotive, and Dead Horse, but that ship is kind of sailing for them to really make anything a setlist staple. All of those could realistically just never be played, we’re already 3 shows into a tour that’s really only like a month long.

The 2017 leg also added prostitute as well. But still the band need to vut the covers. Bhs has never been a standout. Also the people going must be die hards because any casual  fan would have  seem them play by now.

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think my main problem with the set is that every other major leg tried to do something different- the 2017 summer tour added BHS, Wichita, So Good (all covers but something), and a bunch of amazing Chinese songs. 2018 added Slither and Shadow. 2019 and nothing. There was potential for them to spice things up with the rumoured Hard School, Locomotive, and Dead Horse, but that ship is kind of sailing for them to really make anything a setlist staple. All of those could realistically just never be played, we’re already 3 shows into a tour that’s really only like a month long.

This.

1 hour ago, AlexisGolnas said:

How come everyone who is going to a show end up having a blast but the guys in the forum reading every time the same setlist is disapointed? 

Guess what? U should be dissapointed for not attending a show. Songs arent played for you to enjoy at home. If youre tired of reading the same letters of a setlist in a forum, dont bother reading.

Shows arent made for forum users.

The rest of you going to a show, have a blast 🤘 (Setlist was awesome, u crazy)

Probably because an unchanged and predictable setlist makes it look like they aren't being creative. This makes it look like the reunion is solely a "money grab" instead of a band who enjoys playing together and change it up. I bet the shows are still good (attended one of them) but I guess people (including me) are worried that the creative magic (between the current big three) is gone and that the stale setlist attests for it. 

To be fair, this was a festival and probably not the right crowd to throw out the deep cuts. Especially when they can't soundcheck.

I think as the tour goes on, axl becomes more confident to drop in one of these alts. I expect by Vegas he'll play the entire set like he did in LA last xmas(or was it the year before??)

On 29.3.2019 at 2:59 AM, IncitingChaos said:

Did they go through Kentucky on the NITL tour? I’m all in favor if they do an hour and half set, no solo’s, play a rocker set with high energy and Axl appears to have regained his 2016 form. If they show up to do something like this and play for 3 hours, with a walking through the motions attitude then I’ll pass. 

This is only the second time they have played in Louisville (first time was back in 1987) - sorry - one more in 2017 at the KFC Yum! Center, November 3rd...

Edited by Mickey