09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

40 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Same here and that's a bummer, isn't it? 

If they came back through Detroit, I'd go but I'm not traveling to see them anymore. Not because of the travel itself, but because I'm voting with my wallet. 

I've seen every line up of this band and I've seen this particular line up / show 3 times already. Unless they release new music and or change up the show significantly, there's no reason for me to give them more money. 

I agree, in 2017 paid about £550 and travelled 8 hours in a train to London. Same again to donnington last year, just can't justify the time or expense for the same show.

30 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

The black jeans were awesome, I don’t know why they were AC/DC-specific.

I think it was because they zipped at the knees or whatever, because of his boot. He was wearing them backstage during the first Vegas shows, I think he wore them onstage too

I'm not a big fan of all of the covers, I wish they played only GNR tunes.  So much great stuff on the Illusions to choose from compared to the cover songs.  However, this talk of never changing the setlist is interesting.  I'm not a huge concert goer, try to go to 1 or 2 a year plus every GNR show in my area.  I saw Korn and AIC this summer, both bands play the same set every single night and only play for 1 1/2 hours each.  Guns plays for 3 hours.  I'm a big AIC fan and they have the catalog to play for much longer.....it's a bit disappointing that most of these bands play such short sets every night.  It also seems like not changing the setlist is the norm among most bands.  Why should GNR be criticized for something that most bands are doing.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Same here and that's a bummer, isn't it? 

If they came back through Detroit, I'd go but I'm not traveling to see them anymore. Not because of the travel itself, but because I'm voting with my wallet. 

I've seen every line up of this band and I've seen this particular line up / show 3 times already. Unless they release new music and or change up the show significantly, there's no reason for me to give them more money. 

I’m in the same boat now, if they come though Sweden or within driving distance (Oslo or maybe Copenhagen) I’ll see them at a maximum of one show that leg, can’t be bothered with more than that now unless they really change up the set.

I’ve had the exact same setlist (apart from DC and Patience rotating and Yesterdays being played at 3 of them) on my last 4 shows on this tour. 

That 1 hour snooze fest before the encore put the nail in the coffin for me last night! It was a good show but sadly there’s nothing I feel like I have to witness again in the near future.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Evil Doer said:

I'm not a big fan of all of the covers, I wish they played only GNR tunes.  So much great stuff on the Illusions to choose from compared to the cover songs.  However, this talk of never changing the setlist is interesting.  I'm not a huge concert goer, try to go to 1 or 2 a year plus every GNR show in my area.  I saw Korn and AIC this summer, both bands play the same set every single night and only play for 1 1/2 hours each.  Guns plays for 3 hours.  I'm a big AIC fan and they have the catalog to play for much longer.....it's a bit disappointing that most of these bands play such short sets every night.  It also seems like not changing the setlist is the norm among most bands.  Why should GNR be criticized for something that most bands are doing.

Because we are die hard fans plus they got back together 3 years ago and we haven’t heard some of the songs being played live as they deserve (with Slash and Duff) in twenty something years.

1 minute ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Because we are die hard fans plus they got back together 3 years ago and we haven’t heard some of the songs being played live as they deserve (with Slash and Duff) in twenty something years.

Please stop calling yourselves die hard fans. Most of  "die hard fans" here are a bunch of whiners.

• Like 2

For me I’m seeing them this Tuesday, the last time I saw them was 2016. I think in 3 years  the set has changed enough to warrant me seeing them a second time. Since 2016 we got Shadow, Slither, BHS (actually a song that means a lot to me, Cornell’s passing impacted me deeply), and another Chinese song, hopefully Madagascar, usually. But yeah, I can’t imagine seeing them anymore after this unless they change up the set. It’s definitely warm on me and really is frustrating we’re going into a rumoured 2020 leg with no real changes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Honestly I can say for the first time after watching last nights gig in Louisville I really think they will be a new album 

Axl was a badass with his voice last - repeat his voice last night - This Band was epic last night - 

Frank ? Is better by a mile but he is so far buried  in the mix - don’t get a good feel but Frank actually shined when the band did some improv jamming - he was pounding the skins during those times

Duff - Solid as a Rock - His Playing has improved a ton - his voice coach has helped him a ton - I used to dread when it was his time to sing -🤘not last night - 

Richard - is smooth - Love his tone and his finger picking - he harmonized with Slash several times last night to make the riffs thicker - Fortus was a Star last night 

Axl was flawless - His voice was cooking from the get go - he had a few moments but very few with his clean voice - This Cat sung his ass off last night 

Slash was the star and is the star of the band - Axl’s introduction of Slash was epic last night 

From the first number until the last one Slash was on fire - another level - The Blues solo screamed “ Roy Buchanan “ damn he tore thAt blues solo a new one 

Coma was fucking heavy - Ycbm was Ripping - every song Slash Played was flawless- the jam session on yesterday’s was epic - Scom was stupid good - RQ was a meltdown and Slither May have been the best This Band has performed so far 

In closing after watching the energy and the chemistry This Band has - watch out the album is coming baby and it will kill 

You forgot  Dizzy Fucking Reed and Melissa Reese 

2 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

I’ll say this. I’ve stopped attending shows because of the setlist. They played a good 7 shows or so within an hour from me on the last leg of the tour, and I didn’t bother going to any of them. Not going to any of these either. I want new music. And I’m not just pointing this out for no reason, I’m just making it clear that some show-goers do in fact care about the setlist and will affect their desire to see the band.

Regarding the setlist, they  played the same set list back in the day majority of the times. 

I view things a bit differently. When they are back in the NJ/NYC area, I'll go see them no matter what unless something happens in my personal life. They are my favorite all time band. They won't be around forever. Neither will I. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Regarding the setlist, they  played the same set list back in the day majority of the times. 

I view things a bit differently. When they are back in the NJ/NYC area, I'll go see them no matter what unless something happens in my personal life. They are my favorite all time band. They won't be around forever. Neither will I. 

Nice. I don’t know which “back in the day” you’re referring to. 

They are my favorite band as well. I don’t want to pay over $300 to see the same show I’ve seen a bunch of times already. When they put out new music, like any other band, I probably will.

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

I feel the same.  I've had that discussion with my girlfriend when the band first reunited.  Given the volatile history of Guns and the abuse these guys put their bodies through in their younger years, it could all end in the snap of a finger.  I'm going to see Guns anytime they're in my area for as long as it lasts......regardless of setlist.  It would be a regret if I didn't go when I had the opportunity.

• Like 1