09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

i hope at least for a completely reworked setlist, NITL is over so NITL setlist should be gone as well
I dont know if you guys are into John Mayer, but he's an incredible guitarist and the way he changes up the set is really amazing... he played 6 shows so far this year with 5 different openers, plays 24 songs per show and played 60 songs in total so far.. thats how GNR should do it.. like you go to a show and don't know what you get

Pearl Jam has been doing that for almost 30 years. I'd be ok with a standard setlist with 4-6 songs changed out every night...just give us something away from the norm. But if you look at Slash's setlists, they're the same every night so I doubt this would happen. 

Edited by GoBucky

A one off show at a festival isn’t usually the place to debut new music. Not enough of a timeslot and prob not the right audience. It’s a few days of rehearsals to refresh and  play the hits for a good pay day

Rehearsals to prep for a new tour/downtime between shows? Now that’s the spot to put in some new stuff 

Is there a strict curfew at this fest? Most here say that it'll be a cutdown 2 hr set, but Axl did his normal 3+ hour set at Rock on the Range in '14...of course there was barely anyone there by the time he finished because it was cold and rainy all day and that set was way too long for a festival like that. 

• Like 1

My takeaway is this is a get back together, dust things off show or number of shows and after they hit the studio with some momentum, with a push for a 2020 release if so e new music.

Same old and tired set, probably the same order so don't get worked up it is what it is.

Outside hope is there's a song released as a stop gap, but I can't see it happening, gnr are an all or nothing type band.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Gnr coming back to my hometown- I love it - I’ll be there to jam down - Slash in Nashville in August and then GNFNR in September- Badass 

That's cool man.  I am hoping your hometown heroes KNOCKED LOOSE are included on the bill.  I might just fly out to Louisville for that.  

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 11:16 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Here's my theory:

If Guns N' Roses are a part of this festival, they will be introducing new music. It wouldn't make much sense to perform otherwise.

Honestly, I think we're going to get a new album this year. November would be my personal guess, as the band has a history of November releases (GN'R Lies, The Spaghetti Incident?, Chinese Democracy). Get it out before Black Friday and Cyber Monday to capitalize on sales.

Most bands introduce a new song six to eight weeks before an album drops, so September fits that timeline. I think a lot of work has already been done on new material, probably during the downtime between legs of the NITL tour. When Slash gets done on his tour, I think the band gets together to put finishing touches on the music.

All of this is speculative, but I'm feeling really optimistic that the last four months of 2019 are going to be big for Guns fans.

Slash is on tour until Mid August, so they've got about 5 weeks (assuming he wants no break at all of course!) between then and this show. Unless they've been writing and recording via email whilst Slash is on tour (again, very unlikely), there's absolutely no chance new material will be performed I'd say. It's wildly over-optimistic to think that it will, and will only lead to disappointment. 

It's also unrealistic to think it will be one or two shows - there's no way a band gets their large-scale crew, band equipment, gear etc out unless it's a solid run. It's just nor really possible or viable. 

It's also highly unlikely the setlist will change much, if at all. That's not the way the band have been working recently. The setlist ran (with only minor changes) for 2 and a half years, so there's no reason to think it will suddenly do so now. 

It'll be the same setlist, no new material, and a tour. Best to acknowledge that, take it on board, and not set up unrealistic expectations of it being anything but that. It's just the way it is at the moment, and people should probably make a decision about their attendance based on whether it's something they want to see, rather than feeling in some way disappointed in the future. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Slash is on tour until Mid August, so they've got about 5 weeks (assuming he wants no break at all of course!) between then and this show. Unless they've been writing and recording via email whilst Slash is on tour (again, very unlikely), there's absolutely no chance new material will be performed I'd say. It's wildly over-optimistic to think that it will, and will only lead to disappointment. 

It's also unrealistic to think it will be one or two shows - there's no way a band gets their large-scale crew, band equipment, gear etc out unless it's a solid run. It's just nor really possible or viable. 

It's also highly unlikely the setlist will change much, if at all. That's not the way the band have been working recently. The setlist ran (with only minor changes) for 2 and a half years, so there's no reason to think it will suddenly do so now. 

It'll be the same setlist, no new material, and a tour. Best to acknowledge that, take it on board, and not set up unrealistic expectations of it being anything but that. It's just the way it is at the moment, and people should probably make a decision about their attendance based on whether it's something they want to see, rather than feeling in some way disappointed in the future. 

Well, they need to keep touring so they can keep using the old “we’ve been focusing on the live shows” chestnut whenever they’re asked about new material.

• Like 1