Eye On You - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Exactly! My guess is that this along with the recent Silkworms leak are basically "skeletons" of songs that just happen to also have vocals. During the chats Axl made it a point to mention that Silkworms (as it existed in 2008) had lots of guitars on it. If they continued to work on this track, I would imagine it would sound pretty different today.

That makes sense. From 1999 to 2008 that's 9 years, which is roughly the minimum amount of time it would take to make Silkworms into a good song if your worked on it uninterruptedly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Creed said:

i would agree if we had such demos of old GnR or we would have witnessed such a progress of songs that ended up on the final album. but the fact is...the final CD songs were actually the same...just with a more shitty mixing.

Yeah, as in the skeleton of the song and the vocals remain largely intact. We know that the vast majority of the vocals Axl recorded in 99-01 remained on the album, with different guitars and drums layered on over the subsequent years.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

How do you know more unreleased songs with vocals didn't come out of recording sessions after 2000? 

And I think the leaks are great. 

I think the leaks are great when we are craving for new songs for 11 years (2008 was when ChiDem was released), but if you put them all together, by the end of the day I think only "As It Begin" is a great song.

3 hours ago, Download said:

No “ The General” yet, correct? And didn’t Axl hint at one point that parts of it may have been played during the intro to them performing live? 

Rock In Rio 2013

24 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Have you listened to nin nails before?

1 hour ago, TheSlashrose said:

I like it, but is a strange track, different, heavy, industrial, sounds like NIN 

It doesn't sound like NIN at all!

8 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Why isn't the media talking about the leaks? Like they did back in 2008...

Back then ChiDem was all there was to talk about, whereas nowadays NITL is way more appealing to the general public.

another explanation could be GnR/TB/UMG paying sites like GNRCentral and Alt Nation hush money or some shit, and bigger sites aren’t gonna pick up on it until those ones report it first, me thinks.

Edited by rocknroll41

Obviously unfinished. A completed version would be a good release in the mid to late 90s.

This whole period should've been published as an Axl Rose solo project. It would've been successful and well received à la Ozzy or even Foo Fighters. Could've published a lot more music and forged a new path.

Should've called the band Killers n' Kings.

Edited by yoshimura
  • Like 3

We always heard that there were some really industrial songs being worked on in the CD sessions.  Other than OMG and Shacklers (and better sorta) we did not get to hear much on CD. I believe this choice was deliberate because by the time CD came out the industrial style had gone way out of fashion. Now we can see the direction Axl was going in 2000. I would imagine if any of these is industrial sounding songs make the next record they are going to be totally reworked. 

Was listening to Eye On You on repeat in the gym. After a while I faintly heard a familiar song over my headphones. Take them out and I realise the gym PA is playing Welcome to the Jungle. Was so weird going from one song to the other, would never even think they have the same singer.

Of course I was wearing a GNR t-shirt the whole time.

• Like 1

Just now, Amir said:

Was listening to Eye On You on repeat in the gym. After a while I faintly heard a familiar song over my headphones. Take them out and I realise the gym PA is playing Welcome to the Jungle. Was so weird going from one song to the other, would never even think they have the same singer.

Of course I was wearing a GNR t-shirt the whole time.

You wear that gnr shirt loud and proud my friend 

Some of this stuff is embarrassing. I wouldn't feel that way if it wasn't intended as "Guns N' Roses." If it was an experimental Axl Rose project, he can do whatever he wants. When you think "Guns N' Roses," you think of a brand. Not this. 

I genuinely like "Perhaps" and Hard School. Atlas and State have grown on me a bit.