Hard School on GNR's setlist!

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Did anyone who heard the soundcheck ever bother to say if it sounded different to the leak?

Unsure my man. I would imagine similarities musically, I'd be willing to bet the lyrics have since changed since the version we've gotten from Zutaut's locker.

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Is it confirmed that they played it at the soundcheck too? I only saw this mentioned on Twitter once.

Yeah, by a few people who attended the show on here!

And I must say: the "Jackie Chen" title always bothered me. It's silly and has nothing to do with the lyrics. Hard School makes way more sense. 
Actually, are we sure that Axl was talking about Hard School when he mentioned Jackie Chen? 

See, that's what puzzles me. Axl claimed in '06 that he hadn't heard any of the leaks so had no idea of sound quality or what version of the song was out there. We were led to believe that the song title was Checkmate, so if people were asking Axl about it, how was he supposed to know what we were on about? He could have been at the wind up but I doubt it! Guess we will have to wait and see!

• Like 1

Interesting. Would be good to know how different was, tho.

And I must say: the "Jackie Chen" title always bothered me. It's silly and has nothing to do with the lyrics. Hard School makes way more sense. 
Actually, are we sure that Axl was talking about Hard School when he mentioned Jackie Chen? 

I think Axl was just joking.

31 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I do think the one guy shouting for Hardschool repeatedly could have made it less likely Axl would play it. 

But the Omg /Rhiad comparison isn't fair. This is way more like when Twat, IRS and Better leaked and they played them all at Hammerstein night one. 

Ha, I yelled it out b/w songs and Sash flashed a big grin and then turned away real quick. There was also someone on the Duff side of the stage that kept yelling it.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Sorry I didn’t pick up on the joke. I’m a retard when it comes to sarcasm.

No worries! I added at the very bottom of my post a lame joke about Frank's drumming. Actually, Frank sounded better at this gig. Not great, but definitely much better. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

HARDSCHOOL FROM SOUNDCHECK LEAKED

WITH VOCALS

Not very good but still crazy to hear it getting covered. I'm sure that will drive the management nuts, to see these leaked songs becoming accepted as part of the catalog legit. 

I'd be interested in hearing someone do a cover of State of Grace!

1 minute ago, History2010 said:

Not very good but still crazy to hear it getting covered. I'm sure that will drive the management nuts, to see these leaked songs becoming accepted as part of the catalog legit. 

I would definitely do some covers, as a singer I have the range and drive to learn these songs, but it’s illegal to release them. I’ve even asked a few music business majors at my school if there’s anyway it could work and they told me it was extremely unwise.

• GNFNR 1

32 minutes ago, History2010 said:

I’m afraid that Axl version won’t be much better haha.

Well, some fans were even screaming Hard School between songs on last show so we are getting close I think.

If someone is going to upcoming shows please bring a „Play Hard School” sign. Even if they won’t play it, it may piss Axl off and cause a riot.

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Is the person who apparently heard this soundchecked reliable? I've seen a few people saying Easy and Jungle were soundchecked, without vocals, which definitely seems more believable.....

It's worth remembering too that Oh My God was an 'alt' song on the setlist for most of the NITL tour. I'm (fairly) sure that was never going to get played. 

35 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Ha, I yelled it out b/w songs and Sash flashed a big grin and then turned away real quick. There was also someone on the Duff side of the stage that kept yelling it.

Haha! Love that Slash grinned because, let's be real, if he didn't like it and didn't wanna play it he'd 100% ignore. That's Toooo Sweet. 

I've imagined printing out a giant "setlist" on card and somehow slipping it on the stage via security or something saying Twat, Prostitute, Atlas, General, Jackie Chan lol. That would have pissed Axl right off aha. Or a sign saying "OMG, Axl! I need some Twat! Catch us a Prostitute!"

If i'd been there and known what the alts were I swear i'd have been screaming myself horse for HS/Loco/Twat/Catcher all night until Paradise started. Then i'd have kicked* RIGHT off. 

That's British for for throwing a proper tantrum if I didn't get my way.

Edited by Jordan Rose

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

This was already answered in the show thread. No, no one was recording. Kinda wish I did just to shut up that one guy on here who always calls BS, but :shrugs:

I was kidding about is sounding different...

32 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

No worries! I added at the very bottom of my post a lame joke about Frank's drumming. Actually, Frank sounded better at this gig. Not great, but definitely much better. 

Sorry if this was already asked, but did the arrangement and intro sound any different? Like did it sound like they've changed some things around in that song or did it sound more or less the same as the version we've heard?