Hard School on GNR's setlist!

35 minutes ago, Towelie said:

This is what I don't get.

If Hard School gets a proper single release reworked by the current band or ends up included on the T3 soundtrack, there's no way these leaks didn't come from the band themselves. Too much of a coincidence.

Hmmm. We "know" from Beta's emails if banned member is to be believed that none of the 2006 leaks came from the band but Axl privately told Robin they weren't damaging and may have been good in some ways. All these leaks now are from the locker cds. We have the covers, backs, sharpie on disc pics. No fucking way is Axl putting out that shit. 

16 minutes ago, username said:

Sorry if I'm being a Negative Nancy with sand in her vagina here, but this wouldn't be the first song to end up as "Alt." on a GnR setlist only to never ever be played. 

I never knew you were a lass! 

Like I said, they played Twat, Better and IRS from show one in 2006 right after leaks. Omg and Rhiad being alts randomly in 2011 etc is a bit different. Perfect Crime was on there at times too and Think About You and others. Different scenario. I'd bet we hear HS and other alts once the tour resumes proper. 

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Hmmm. We "know" from Beta's emails if banned member is to be believed that none of the 2006 leaks came from the band but Axl privately told Robin they weren't damaging and may have been good in some ways. All these leaks now are from the locker cds. We have the covers, backs, sharpie on disc pics. No fucking way is Axl putting out that shit. 

Leaks did NOT come from the band. This has been more than confirmed. 

25 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I never knew you were a lass! 

Like I said, they played Twat, Better and IRS from show one in 2006 right after leaks. Omg and Rhiad being alts randomly in 2011 etc is a bit different. Perfect Crime was on there at times too and Think About You and others. Different scenario. I'd bet we hear HS and other alts once the tour resumes proper. 

So we're to believe that they only took notice of this song because it leaked? For all we know, songs like Perhaps and State of Grace and even Atlas Shrugged could be dead in the water as far as Axl's concerned. He might not give a damn about a bunch of old demos leaking that he had no intention of returning to. 

But what about Hard School? What I'd really like to know is, did they see the leak as an opportunity to dust it off or were they actually planning on doing something with it before the leak happened? If it's the latter, something tells me we definitely wouldn't be seeing it appear on the alt setlists this year if the leaks hadn't forced their hand.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I really just want to cover them for fun, no intentions of making profit, but it’s still illegal. I don’t feel like having Guns being after me, it’s not worth it.

Couldn't you make the cover & privately share with people without revealing your identity? It is just music .. I understand your concern though

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Couldn't you make the cover & privately share with people without revealing your identity? It is just music .. I understand your concern though

I could but People would share though, etc. Just not worth the hassle for me. Shame because I’d love to. I’ll do my own private acoustic covers but not share them until/if any of these songs make it to CDII. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Towelie said:

So we're to believe that they only took notice of this song because it leaked? For all we know, songs like Perhaps and State of Grace and even Atlas Shrugged could be dead in the water as far as Axl's concerned. He might not give a damn about a bunch of old demos leaking that he had no intention of returning to. 

But what about Hard School? What I'd really like to know is, did they see the leak as an opportunity to dust it off or were they actually planning on doing something with it before the leak happened? If it's the latter, something tells me we definitely wouldn't be seeing it appear on the alt setlists this year if the leaks hadn't forced their hand.

Not sure I follow. But put it this way, if Prostitute, ITW and Til had leaked in 06 they would have played those and not Twat Better IRS. 

Btw Mr Jam, LRC says we should meet up at a gig next time they're over. And talk about whether Weinstein was behind that piece of shit "documentary." 

19 minutes ago, username said:

I'm not. It was a figure of speech. 

Sorry, pal. I'm on me blower and a bit pissed. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Not sure I follow. But put it this way, if Prostitute, ITW and Til had leaked in 06 they would have played those and not Twat Better IRS. 

Btw Mr Jam, LRC says we should meet up at a gig next time they're over. And talk about whether Weinstein was behind that piece of shit "documentary." 

Sorry, pal. I'm on me blower and a bit pissed. 

You living in Blighty now then? Tell LRC hi and it’s been a while.

Is there any chance that Hard School being written on that setlist, and pictures of that setlist getting out there is just trolling the small demographic of us fans who know what that song is?

Hope not, i'd be very interested to hear them do it live, but you never know.

11 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Is there any chance that Hard School being written on that setlist, and pictures of that setlist getting out there is just trolling the small demographic of us fans who know what that song is?

Hope not, i'd be very interested to hear them do it live, but you never know.

I thought about that too, as in them trolling hardcore fans. But didn't a few people confirm it was also soundchecked?