Rough Mixes CD #1 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and the award for the most stupid producer goes to:

Axl was right. Of course that motherfucker was right. One of the best songwriters of our generation couldn't be wrong about songs he worked so hard to release in 2000. I'm so mad at the producers who

7 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

I tagged Fernando in a post on Reddit telling him to get the message to Axl that he was right all along and these songs fucking kick ass.

I definitely encourage everyone to do the same. Word should get to him how much we're loving this.

That's probably not Fernando

Just now, TheSeeker said:

No, don't think so either. I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the TB camp had ventured in here to see how reactions were. If I were them, I'd be curious, no?

2 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I personally think it is, given his writing style and other posts he's made in other subreddits. 

Either way, worth a try. If it's him, he gets the message. If it's a troll, meh, then I've messaged a troll and nothing happens. 

I listened to the disk again this morning. It’s like it gets better with every listen. Axl was right all along. He had magic here. I understand why he’d be pissed that all of this material is leaking, but if somehow, whether it’s him, or someone in his camp, he knows that his work is validated. 

6 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

One a day apparently is what I heard accept for one for whatever reason.... could all be bullshot though I guess

I hope you're right. To come this far and still never hear Bucket's Shackler's solo would be tragic.

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Well, if it is the real Fernando on reddit, then we should expect a new album within the next six months, because that's what he posted.

I strongly doubt it's Fernando, though.

Yeah, that "within the next six months" line is what made me think that's not Fernando whatsoever.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Oh yeah good point! I forgot about that!

Hardschool has to be at least, since it isn’t listed anywhere else.

The 10 second “checkmate” clip as it was called then of the first line or 2 of vocals was floating around for years so it’s possible someone has a different version separate to these discs

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It's called 'rough mixes' for a reason, and even then, most of this songs are pretty much complete. They sound great, and obviously with more mixing and mastering, could have made an amazing album in the early 2000's. There was no need to waste 8 years.

100%

P.S. Needs some more Buckethead. This version of TWAT and Prostitute aren't the best. I hate Silkworms. The 2008 album had a total of 14 tracks, so if Silkworms was removed from this tracklist there'd be 2 open slots after OMG, State of Grace and Eye On You had been added.

Unpopular opinion here, but the only song which is an improvement to what ended up on the 2008 album is the title track, which sounds much meaner and more punkish. TWAT, Prostitute and Catcher especially all sound much better on the actual album.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 4
18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Fuck Bob Ezrin 

He wanted a producers credit, and did what would be producers do. Create a need for his "expertise". Too bad his opinion swayed both Jimmy Iovine and Axl to make a terrible mistake. 

• Sad 1