Rough Mixes CD #1 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Only thing on this cd that sounds good to me is Atlas.... that's a really good polished version, but anyway.... atlas starts off so good and just when you think it's leading somewhere epic it falls flat.

i don't care about any of the instrumentals really, sure they're entertaining but without Axl singing it's not GNR to me. 

New unheard songs w/lyrics or gtfo 

19 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

The date of the disc is 10/8/01 - there were reports Buckethead got kind of fucked up by 9/11, so maybe he took a month off

what do you mean fucked up?
I remember that at certain point in 01 or 02 buckethead had some health issues, but don't remember what exactly it was. IIRC correctly, someone from the band found him fainted at his place or something like that. 

2 hours ago, username05 said:

what do you mean fucked up?
I remember that at certain point in 01 or 02 buckethead had some health issues, but don't remember what exactly it was. IIRC correctly, someone from the band found him fainted at his place or something like that. 

He was angry and wanted to join the military

love the TWAT intro on this.

Vocals seem to be a lot less Autotuned and much better positioned in the mix.

Instrumentals on the album are amazing and at certain songs its hard to take in the whole music because of the overpowering of the vocals in the mix. 

Edited by username05

I've listened to this disc a good 20 times over now - for the most part I'm really digging it. Madagascar on this is the best it's ever sounded IMO - so much more powerful than the neutered version on the final album. Perhaps sounds stellar compared to the first leak. The Blues has some serious punch to it. I still haven't decided how I feel about this version of Atlas Shrugged - it feels a little...tame compared to the other versions. While the drums are a more appropriate level in the mix, they feel a little soft. Part of me likes how raw Axl's vocals are on the other versions compared to this. I'll go against the grain and say I think the bit going on over the chorus is needlessly crowding the song. 

38 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

So, I know that Brian May has played on Catcher and Atlas in the previous leaks. I’ve also heard that he played on Perhaps, but do the versions on this disc have him? 

The jury is still out on that - some people think it's indeed Brian, some people think it's Finck. Personally, it sounds more like May than Finck to me. But there's no sort of confirmation from any official sources that Brian actually played on Perhaps at all, just speculation. 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

The jury is still out on that - some people think it's indeed Brian, some people think it's Finck. Personally, it sounds more like May than Finck to me. But there's no sort of confirmation from any official sources that Brian actually played on Perhaps at all, just speculation. 

So is that just for Perhaps or is it for the songs on the rough mixes?

1 hour ago, Ninjapie24 said:

So is that just for Perhaps or is it for the songs on the rough mixes?

If anything, it’s just Catcher, Atlas, and Perhaps. Brian confirmed back in 2006 he recorded on three tracks, but the third was never said what track it was. 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

If anything, it’s just Catcher, Atlas, and Perhaps. Brian confirmed back in 2006 he recorded on three tracks, but the third was never said what track it was. 

I’d only heard of him playing on Catcher before these leaks happen, so it’s cool to see that one of my favorite guitarists was working with Axl during that time

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...