Rough Mixes CD #1 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

9 minutes ago, Bozo said:

Can we all agree that this record NEVER needed Bucket nor Orchestral Arrangements?

The orchestral arrangements were a big part of what I loved about ChiDem & what initially got me hooked ... & of course Bucket is Bucket ... But this earlier form of the record definitely has a RAW feeling to it & I agree ... It didn't "need" those extras ...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bozo said:

Can we all agree that this record NEVER needed Bucket nor Orchestral Arrangements?

I agree with the Orchesta sections.
I think if they brought Bucket earlier, would have been better. Providing ideas for songs at the same time as Finck

25 minutes ago, Bozo said:

Nah, we can't. Buckethead composed Sorry and Shackler's, 2 great songs.

His solos on Rhiad are amazing (yeah, I prefer them over Bumblefoot), same on If the world and TWAT. Bucket's contributions to chinese democracy are great.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bucketdude_666 said:

It is confirmed at some point that buckethead and Josh were in the band at the same time?

Yes. 

Josh said in some interview that he brought Bucket to the band, but at the time he was starting to leave the band And he told Bucket basicly that he should join GNR but im not gonna be here for much longer.

1 minute ago, viruzzz said:

Nah, we can't. Buckethead composed Sorry and Shackler's, 2 great songs.

His solos on Rhiad are amazing (yeah, I prefer them over Bumblefoot), same on If the world and TWAT. Bucket's contributions to chinese democracy are great.

The issue is that the record was done when he entered the band. Yeah, love TWAT final solo, but the overall feeling is that his presence kinda confused Axl. All of a sudden, even with a great record and compositions ready to go, Axl felt the need to embrace the virtuoso/shredder stuff into the project, which IMO messed up with the balance of the band. That reflected on the final product, that sounds very incohesive, as opposed to this rough mixes. This mixes are spot on!

• Like 2

i really want to hear "Oklahoma", but it's probably an instrumental-only since it was recorded in March 2000, and on the previous month when he played the new songs for Rolling Stone it still didn't have lyrics :(

February 3, 2000  - In addition to the album’s almost grungy title track, tentative song titles include “Catcher in the Rye,” “I.R.S.,” “The Blues” and “TWAT,” which he says stands for “there was a time.” Another song, called “Oklahoma” – heard tonight only as an instrumental – was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. “I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,” Rose remembers with a wince. “We had a break, and I’m sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing – it was like, ‘Forgive me, people, I’m having trouble taking this seriously.’ It’s just ironic that we’re sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I’m sitting there with, she don’t care. Obliterating me is their goal.”

2 hours ago, TeeJay410 said:

320 kbps, so not bad quality. The mixes are great in comparison and don't feature the weird audio watermarks the hoarders had on previous single releases of perhaps and atlas with weird beat skips and stereo jiggering. The mixes, for being rough, sound great. Definitely not yet mastered, so it is a notch below the actual sound of Chinese Democracy but still incredible and worth having.

Actually the files are 320kbps but it's content is not - it's only 128~160 as you can see per frequency spectrum (the peak is around 16kHz). Seems like leaker made this type of rip. Imagine these songs in full quality! =0

man it's all so good and so much less compressed than 2008CD.  Just to think of all of the other stuff that is finished out there on a hard drive or disc somewhere that we may never hear.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall in axl's home studio.  He probably has tons of stuff finished that sounds amazing.  

• Like 1