Quick Song (Full Disc) Leak [No Links Or Requests]

4 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Do those 'oohs' remind you guys of anything?

This is obviously part of The General.

This is a really weak & lame joke that needs to end now ... Nobody asserts every leak is "The General" but there are two tracks that have leaked that both feature prominent parts of what we think we know is The General ... really reaching to mock people 

9 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

No you're just proving yourself to be a fool 🤷🏻‍♂️ Beating a dead horse that was never even alive ..

Ok, perhaps I was wrong, maybe Beltrami's orchestral parts were hidden on songs before he even wrote them.

If you want to convince yourself you've got The General, don't let me stop you :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, Creed said:

Has someone mentioned the additional guitar over the 'smells like Teen Spirit' part yet? Someone obviously must have said in Team GnR that it sounded too Nirvana like thats why we got that extra guitar.

I prefer the very first version of it. The Nirvana one. Its not that overloaded. But they could use the additional guitar right after the solo. Like on these takes. Otherwise there is too much going on for me. Reminds me of SFTD when Huge noodled over Slash.

My thoughts exactly! Glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed that.

Edited by rocknroll41

32 minutes ago, fumardude said:

Which songs are you guys digging so far?

Of just the new songs? I think I’d say these are the ones I like a lot:

Hard School, Atlas, Perhaps, State of Grace, Quick Song (Instrumental Version), Prom Violence, Soul Monster (Me & My Elvis), Berlin (Oklahoma), Zodiac, Dub Suplex, Devious Bastard, and The Rebel.

I think Billionaire and Dummy both suck shit.

Everything else is decent so far. Not great, but decent.

Edited by rocknroll41

This song is wonderful.

And loving the solo.

Just wish they utilised the guitars a little better - it often feels like they try to squeeze both Robin and Bucket into a song. Some songs work better with Robin, others with Bucket.

Squeezing both in often doesn't work - this being one example I think. Giving Bucket more time to flesh out a longer solo (essentially playing during what is "Robin's" bit leading into Bucket's bit) would have been better.

However... minor criticism. It's a wonderful track.

3 hours ago, Creed said:

Has someone mentioned the additional guitar over the 'smells like Teen Spirit' part yet? Someone obviously must have said in Team GnR that it sounded too Nirvana like thats why we got that extra guitar.

I prefer the very first version of it. The Nirvana one. Its not that overloaded. But they could use the additional guitar right after the solo. Like on these takes. Otherwise there is too much going on for me. Reminds me of SFTD when Huge noodled over Slash.

Take 2, Take 13, Take 15, Take 16 are the best. the smoothest of them all is definately Take 13.

The solo sounds Slash/Van Halen like. 

Yeah the wah on Take 13 is H E A V Y !