(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

I think we need to let go of the prospect of a new album and shift our gears towards looking forward to stuff like a UYI box set (unlikely but possible), the UYI tour doc (even more unlikely but still possible), and a ChiDem box set (the most unlikely, but still more possible than a new album, I guess).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Fernando or the other people in that circle didn't act like this, then people wouldn't be on forums having a go at them. That he thinks it's funny to go reddit and get gnr fans excited about new music when it's not even remotely confirmed for a 6 month timeline says all you need to know about the guy.

There definitely is a connection between people who grow up close to money, and douchery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think we need to let go of the prospect of a new album and shift our gears towards looking forward to stuff like a UYI box set (unlikely but possible), the UYI tour doc (even more unlikely but possible), and a ChiDem box set (the most unlikely, but still more possible than a new album, I guess).

I can't see the doc or the CD boxset happening. The UYI boxset is possible, but I don't think it's going to happen; the band seem to look at those records as after thoughts and that people don't know the music. Partially true, not because the music isn't good! it's because the songs were basically unrepresented by GnR since 1999 until about 2011.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

I’ve been a fan since 87 

im a hell of a lot older than that 

I don’t wanna rub anyone the wrong way 

imo it’s Slash in the solo by the tone - I have no way of knowing except by listening to the track 

No, there are some Slash(y) licks used, but this is 100% not Slash on guitar. Slash has a wider vibrato, and his tone is almost always a lot creamier than this... and there's the stylistic things like modern Slash seems to end all his solos with a faster lick. 100% might be a bit much, but I'm betting with 99.8% certainty.

As someone else pointed out, there is no way that it isn't capitalised on that Slash and Axl recorded together for the first time since 1993... on a looney toons song. 

For the record, I like the song. It's dumb as it gets but it's fun! like Tenacious D and Axl sounds great on it! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I can't see the doc or the CD boxset happening. The UYI boxset is possible, but I don't think it's going to happen; the band seem to look at those records as after thoughts and that people don't know the music. Partially true, not because the music isn't good! it's because the songs were basically unrepresented by GnR since 1999 until about 2011.

Slash mentioned the doc in a recent interview, so you never know. Plus, the band started resurrecting more UYI rarities as recently as last year, so that could mean something. I agree with you that the ChiDem box set is a stretch, but it would be a great way for the band to get all of those leftovers out there, instead of having Slash paste new guitar parts on top of twenty-year-old songs that he didn’t even write. The only problem is the record label may still feel a “sting” from the whole ChiDem era, and may just wanna forget about it. Who knows, tho. Maybe Axl signed off on the AFD box set under the condition that the label would then in turn agree to a ChiDem box set in the future... Or maybe I’m just grasping onto straws, at this point.

Edited by rocknroll41

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Slash mentioned the doc in a recent interview, so you never know. Plus, the band started resurrecting more UYI rarities as recently as last year, so that could mean something. I agree with you that the ChiDem box set is a stretch, but it would be a great way for the band to get all of those leftovers out there, instead of having Slash paste new guitar parts on top of twenty-year-old songs that he didn’t even write. The only problem is the record label may still feel a “sting” from the whole ChiDem era, and may just wanna forget about it. Who knows, tho. Maybe Axl signed off on the AFD box set under the condition that the label would then in turn agree to a ChiDem box set in the future... Or maybe I’m just grasping onto straws, at this point.

It's all up for grabs at the moment. I find it hard to believe that Axl spent all those years working on those songs and kept them buried, had a album that he considered finished in 2014... didn't release it! and is now working on those songs again, having Slash and Fortus bastardize the tracks he considered ready for release. If he's willing to do that, then anything is possible! 

As for the doc, Slash did talk about it, but I have heard him talk about it for years! I don't put any stock in what gets said anymore. It would be so amazing if they put it out combined with up to date interviews with all the people involved in the making of the record. 

I don't think Axl was bargaining that hard with the label over the boxset, he wanted it to be right etc. but I can't see him saying CD boxset or no AFD boxset... even he would be able to see the crazy in that statement.

6 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It boggles my brain that for a ‘brand’ or ‘organisation’ that is hammered for their driven-by-money outlook, they don’t take full advantage of stuff that is already done and dusted and could be put out with minimal effort and would rake in the dosh:-

Numerous Pro shots from every era

2 x documentaries

Other live material - Marquee 87 has clearly been mixed as per Live In The Jungle release vs SBD version

UYI Boxset - a bit of work to package it up correctly learning from AFD mistakes but the material (from above sources) plus known alt mixes/demos/Ain’t Going Down

CD Boxset - as above, package correctly, tap into known sources, including the years worth of alt mixes/unreleased stuff if not reworked for new album.

Now - I’m just an ‘average joe’ but even I could create awesome packages using the above, already available, materials. How on earth can TB fail to see how easy it could be to appease fans, celebrating the band at the same time all the while making money? Unreal.

Most of that stuff makes the label $. What the band gets at the end pales in comparison to one show plus merch sales. Of course, maybe a box set gets them on the road again as well

A live archive/old show releases makes more sense monetarily once the band is no longer signed to a major label/or a new deal that excludes it. They need to release albums to fulfill their current deal to make that happen. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It boggles my brain that for a ‘brand’ or ‘organisation’ that is hammered for their driven-by-money outlook, they don’t take full advantage of stuff that is already done and dusted and could be put out with minimal effort and would rake in the dosh:-

Numerous Pro shots from every era

2 x documentaries

Other live material - Marquee 87 has clearly been mixed as per Live In The Jungle release vs SBD version

UYI Boxset - a bit of work to package it up correctly learning from AFD mistakes but the material (from above sources) plus known alt mixes/demos/Ain’t Going Down

CD Boxset - as above, package correctly, tap into known sources, including the years worth of alt mixes/unreleased stuff if not reworked for new album.

Now - I’m just an ‘average joe’ but even I could create awesome packages using the above, already available, materials. How on earth can TB fail to see how easy it could be to appease fans, celebrating the band at the same time all the while making money? Unreal.

That's the bit that always gets me too- I can't see one reason for not releasing things that are already finished. 

People always go, "oh there's no point releasing anything, it makes no money" etc, but if that was truly the case, no-one would release anything, ever. Slash put out a live CD/DVD of his last tour - well packaged, great quality audio and visuals. There's absolutely no way in hell that would have happened if it didn't make any money. 

Why would anyone be proud of being a fan of these clowns since 1987 to this day ? lol It only shows you have not much to care about in your life as this band havent done anything of your interest (since youre not a CD fan) since 1994 lol

Itd be a total shame to me, not a reason to think im better than anyone else. 

50 years old saying how great he is because he is old on a internet forum. Thats madison level cringey.

I mean, we still have a whole month to go before we can officially bury his claim. I'm not holding my breath, but if we're going by his reddit post, it still hasn't been a full 6 months. 

It's stupid regardless, and it's sad that we're hanging our hats on a vague social media post, but I'm just trying to give them as much benefit of the doubt before it inevitably implodes. 

(fwiw, I'm still hoping) 

Just now, GNRfanJen said:

I mean, we still have a whole month to go before we can officially bury his claim. I'm not holding my breath, but if we're going by his reddit post, it still hasn't been a full 6 months. 

It's stupid regardless, and it's sad that we're hanging our hats on a vague social media post, but I'm just trying to give them as much benefit of the doubt before it inevitably implodes. 

(fwiw, I'm still hoping) 

I promise to happily eat crow if a GNR album drops within the next...28 days to be exact. 

Something tells me I'm safe.

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

I promise to happily eat crow if a GNR album drops within the next...28 days to be exact. 

Something tells me I'm safe.

Yes, you probably are lol. But I''m just saying that just for the sake of giving them to the absolute last day. It is also entirely possible that they do a surprise drop within the next 28 days. I guess I'm just saying, don't *completely* count it out until it has been 6 full months, at which point we can officially call him out on his bullshit (again) with this particular case. 

• Like 1

Just now, GNRfanJen said:

Yes, you probably are lol. But I''m just saying that just for the sake of giving them to the absolute last day. It is also entirely possible that they do a surprise drop within the next 28 days. I guess I'm just saying, don't *completely* count it out until it has been 6 full months, at which point we can officially call him out on his bullshit (again) with this particular case. 

Out of curiosity, for any Eminem fans out there, were there any hints, rumors or leaks that he was about to release the two surprise albums that he dropped? Or was it kept completely under wraps even for hardcore fans? 

I'd imagine though if we don't hear any new music this March, we probably never will.

4 minutes ago, registra said:

Out of curiosity, for any Eminem fans out there, were there any hints, rumors or leaks that he was about to release the two surprise albums that he dropped? Or was it kept completely under wraps even for hardcore fans? 

I'd imagine though if we don't hear any new music this March, we probably never will.

No one had any idea those Eminem albums were coming. Same thing with Beyoncé. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, registra said:

There was no warning for either album. I remember some rumors earlier this year/late last year about Shady dropping a new record on whatever date but it missed the mark by quite a bit, was probably someone stirring shit up to get attention.

If it's a surprise release, it'd have to happen before 3/14 when the tour kicks off.  Would make little sense for it to just show up on iTunes while they're in SA or wherever else.  So really, old 'Nando's deadline is up two weeks. 

• Like 1