(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

17 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

What makes u think he didn’t ? 

He didn't

17 hours ago, vloors said:

That ozzy lp was also written and recorded within 6 days.

How many years did chinese take? LoL

No they wrote it in about 4 days then spent a few weeks recording.

12 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

I know Fernando said every part of that song was recorded in the ‘80s... but come on man, multiple parts of that song were re-tracked. 😂

More like the whole song is re-tracked.

10 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

It maybe Angus Young - Since all of u know it isn’t Slash 

Not him either. 

26 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think it’s just the admins coming to terms with the fact that TB is full of shit and that nothing they say can be taken seriously.

For the record, I didn't change the title of the thread. 

Having said that, I've put zero stock into anything Fernando has said about new music being released. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

For the record, I didn't change the title of the thread. 

Having said that, I've put zero stock into anything Fernando has said about new music being released. 

Russ is right here...The admins didn't change it I (the OP) did.  Fernando has been given multiple chances to clear the air/elaborate/confirm/deny what he said about an album within six months, even when approached directly by the staff.

Someone said that it's only a lie if you know what you said was not true.  I agree.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Fernando.... Lying or being misleading?! No way!!!

Merck got fired for a similar offense in 2006 with his "There's X Tuesday left..." crack.  But Fernando can apparently continue to play the role of the "cop's kid" and do essentially the same shit with impunity.  Cool right?

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

It boggles my brain that for a ‘brand’ or ‘organisation’ that is hammered for their driven-by-money outlook, they don’t take full advantage of stuff that is already done and dusted and could be put out with minimal effort and would rake in the dosh:-

Numerous Pro shots from every era

2 x documentaries

Other live material - Marquee 87 has clearly been mixed as per Live In The Jungle release vs SBD version

UYI Boxset - a bit of work to package it up correctly learning from AFD mistakes but the material (from above sources) plus known alt mixes/demos/Ain’t Going Down

CD Boxset - as above, package correctly, tap into known sources, including the years worth of alt mixes/unreleased stuff if not reworked for new album.

Now - I’m just an ‘average joe’ but even I could create awesome packages using the above, already available, materials. How on earth can TB fail to see how easy it could be to appease fans, celebrating the band at the same time all the while making money? Unreal.

While I’d love some of the releases you mentioned and a lot more also, NITL has made the band over $550 million. No new or archival releases are going to generate that revenue. 

I just hope they learned from the AFD locked and loaded fiasco before the UYI set comes. 

On 26.2.2020 at 4:55 PM, sofine11 said:

I wonder if Fernando will have to take ownership of his comments the same way if no album materializes within the next few weeks. 

No. He doesn't, because he didn't confirm it was him. He had a reason for not confirming.

Edited by PatrickS77

38 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

While I’d love some of the releases you mentioned and a lot more also, NITL has made the band over $550 million. No new or archival releases are going to generate that revenue. 

I just hope they learned from the AFD locked and loaded fiasco before the UYI set comes. 

Totally get that. Still no reason not to fire out a couple of dvd/blu rays or a live album? Wouldn’t harm them - only positives (dosh/good pr/happy fan base).

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

No one had any idea those Eminem albums were coming. Same thing with Beyoncé. 

That's not true actually, there was speculation for several weeks that something was coming from Em. There were definitely rumors. If you'd checked hiphop/Em boards, there was a couple (very long) threads anticipating new music, with plenty of 'cryptic hints' along the way.

Edit: I'm talking about his newest album, not Kamikaze. 

Edited by Gordon Comstock

@RussTCB This may be a totally ridiculous idea.....seeing as the moderators on here have lines of communication with management of GNR, and specifically Fernando, would a ‘Q&A’ type-situation be plausible? Thinking of questions that may get answers to many of the topics which confound and bamboozle many?

Also gives the management ‘the right of reply’ too I guess.

Edited by DTJ80