(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

7 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Totally get that. Still no reason not to fire out a couple of dvd/blu rays or a live album? Wouldn’t harm them - only positives (dosh/good pr/happy fan base).

Depends what GNR’s contract stipulates. They get some type of advance for each type of release. Would have to make sense for both GNR and UMG to move forward. That includes strategy. Those types of releases are also usually done when the band is on a considerable amount of downtime after a tour and before any type of album to hold a fanbase over. Since they are on a never ending tour these days and doing reissues, where’s the window to release something like that? 

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That's not true actually, there was speculation for several weeks that something was coming from Em. There were definitely rumors. If you'd checked hiphop/Em boards, there was a couple (very long) threads anticipating new music, with plenty of 'cryptic hints' along the way.

Edit: I'm talking about his newest album, not Kamikaze. 

Huh... You learn something new every day. I'm not being a smart ass, I genuinely didn't know that. 

In any case, GN'R could do it if they really wanted to. However, they just don't. 

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

@RussTCB This may be a totally ridiculous idea.....seeing as the moderators on here have lines of communication with management of GNR, and specifically Fernando, would a ‘Q&A’ type-situation be plausible? Thinking of questions that may get answers to many of the topics which confound and bamboozle many?

Also gives the management ‘the right of reply’ too I guess.

All I can say is, yes, that's a wonderful idea. Unfortunately the idea has been run by management several times. They're quite content to just not communicate properly with fans though. 

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Depends what GNR’s contract stipulates. They get some type of advance for each type of release. Would have to make sense for both GNR and UMG to move forward. That includes strategy. Those types of releases are also usually done when the band is on a considerable amount of downtime after a tour and before any type of album to hold a fanbase over. Since they are on a never ending tour these days and doing reissues, where’s the window to release something like that? 

True. However, Appetite For Democracy got released. Two NITL gigs were filmed - surely with the intention to release which would do nothing but enhance ticket sales etc with it being he current line up. Why have they been shelved? And I just found out today there was supposed to be a documentary in 2010 which was filmed but again - shelved?!

How much money has been wasted on filming shows/making documentaries for them to sit on a shelf?

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

True. However, Appetite For Democracy got released. Two NITL gigs were filmed - surely with the intention to release which would do nothing but enhance ticket sales etc with it being he current line up. Why have they been shelved? And I just found out today there was supposed to be a documentary in 2010 which was filmed but again - shelved?!

How much money has been wasted on filming shows/making documentaries for them to sit on a shelf?

Appetite For Democracy was released in between the last CD tour and NITL. That made sense. 

As far as anything else? Prob comes down to $. Either GNR wants too much to let it go or UMG doesn’t want to take a loss releasing it. Or the footage just sucks 

Edited by guitarpatch

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Huh... You learn something new every day. I'm not being a smart ass, I genuinely didn't know that. 

In any case, GN'R could do it if they really wanted to. However, they just don't. 

All I can say is, yes, that's a wonderful idea. Unfortunately the idea has been run by management several times. They're quite content to just not communicate properly with fans though. 

Fair enough - you’ve asked and if they won’t play ball then what can you do?! So frustrating. One Q&A would potentially solve a lot of frustrations - pity they can’t see that.

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Appetite For Democracy was released in between the last CD tour and NITL. That made sense. 

As far as anything else? Prob comes down to $. Either GNR wants too much to let it go or UMG doesn’t want to take a loss releasing it 

So frustrating isn’t it. Apparently all the 2010 SA shows were filmed for individual release - again, shelved!

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Just view GNR as a nostalgia act that is 3/5ths the real deal and its whatever

They/Axl made it clear through their touring schedule from 2017-now that's all they(Axl) want(s) to be

Seems that way. It’s just obscene the amount of material both Audio and Video they have on the shelf they could release with very little effort needed - yet nothing.

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fernando doesn't view frustrated fans as a problem, it gives him sadistic glee.

I’d like to think that’s not the case - however his unwillingness to engage/clear up misconceptions means people make their own mind up.....usually not in a good way. 

30 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fernando doesn't view frustrated fans as a problem, it gives him sadistic glee.

When Jarmo caught wind of our frustration about this very topic, he seemed utterly amused and said that he can't wait to tell Fernando about it, as if it's a long-running joke.  That's who's at the helm right now, and it's pretty unreal.

We will get an album. People updating this thread title and saying they did nothing with music when nobody here knows(except maybe the admins who might need to sign and NDA but ) with literally no facts behind it are just to create drama.  They can't just bring out an album in 6 months. The first GNR album in 23 years with Slash and Duff is the most important music release in the past 40 years you can't just go in record release you need to make sure everything is perfect or if you just do a sloppy album just to please people we will be in the same situation

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

Just now, WhazUp said:

I think waiting now is worse because Axl is getting older and older.  How many years have already been wasted, and how many more years can Axl realistically be recording new material for and still be decent sounding?  I can't imagine Axl at age 68 belting out tunes like we would expect, and him reaching that age will be the same time frame as 2010 to now

Also I am sure he is getting pressured by the label. they most definitely had an album in 2014-2015 but everyone leaving threw those plans out. They can not simply go in and write an album on which is the most important musical release in the past 30 years a shitty album did quickly would literally kill any momentum this thing has. People don't understand how hype and expectations affect process and putting people under pressure to make sure everything is done quickly. Because just "doing a record" normally would be a huge letdown and the people complaining about the wait would just bitch about it being rushed and sloppy

Same premises with literally Movies and Books. 

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

We will get an album. People updating this thread title and saying they did nothing with music when nobody here knows(except maybe the admins who might need to sign and NDA but ) with literally no facts behind it are just to create drama.  They can't just bring out an album in 6 months. The first GNR album in 23 years with Slash and Duff is the most important music release in the past 40 years you can't just go in record release you need to make sure everything is perfect or if you just do a sloppy album just to please people we will be in the same situation

They have had 4 years to release anything. Be it a new album, a new single, anything.  The fact they haven't, says all we need to know.   The fact that we only got one album of original material since 1991 from Axl, says all you need to know

I don't have the sense of optimism regarding a new album this year as you have currently.  I think that GNR has wasted too many years the past 3 decades and are currently in coasting mode

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

If they can't bring an album out in 6 months then their manager shouldn't go on Reddit and say that it will be ready in 6 months. Additionally, they've had so much time since the reunion to record and master a record.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

If they can't bring an album out in 6 months then their manager shouldn't go on Reddit and say that it will be ready in 6 months. Additionally, they've had so much time since the reunion to record and master a record.

DING DING DING!!!

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Also I am sure he is getting pressured by the label. they most definitely had an album in 2014-2015 but everyone leaving threw those plans out. They can not simply go in and write an album on which is the most important musical release in the past 30 years a shitty album did quickly would literally kill any momentum this thing has. People don't understand how hype and expectations affect process and putting people under pressure to make sure everything is done quickly. Because just "doing a record" normally would be a huge letdown and the people complaining about the wait would just bitch about it being rushed and sloppy

Same premises with literally Movies and Books. 

I mean, it isn't like they had time to get what you describe together - 2016 to now is a long time and years and years before that Axl already wrote many songs that remain unreleased they could have used and easily recorded well.  Ultimately Axl is just, for whatever reason, allergic to releasing stuff and I don't see his behavior changing from what was the CD era

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

We truly don't know if that was Fernando. Again that could have been a troll, The most hyped album of all time being rushed and getting negative reception will kill any momentum and future recording projects.

If you want an example of that look at the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

We truly don't know if that was Fernando. Again that could have been a troll, The most hyped album of all time being rushed and getting negative reception will kill any momentum and future recording projects.

If you want an example of that look at the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

I don't know if I would call expecting an album almost a half a decade after a reunion to be "rushing" them, though.  And GNR already has a huge precedient for killing their own momentum by not releasing much the past 30 years