(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Huh... You learn something new every day. I'm not being a smart ass, I genuinely didn't know that. 

In any case, GN'R could do it if they really wanted to. However, they just don't.

Oh I agree that if GNR wanted to do a surprise release, they definitely could. One thing I found funny about the Eminem release, there was a big thread on one forum called "Something Is Coming". It was basically the "new album" thread, but on an Eminem site. It was up for almost 2 months I think, and after plenty of cryptic hints, speculation, fake tracklists, etc, one of the mods changed the thread title to "Nothing Is Coming". The album dropped like a week later :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Oh I agree that if GNR wanted to do a surprise release, they definitely could. One thing I found funny about the Eminem release, there was a big thread on one forum called "Something Is Coming". It was basically the "new album" thread, but on an Eminem site. It was up for almost 2 months I think, and after plenty of cryptic hints, speculation, fake tracklists, etc, one of the mods changed the thread title to "Nothing Is Coming". The album dropped like a week later :lol:

Maybe our title change will help in that case! Lol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

You talk like we want this to fail and have no album. That is not true. I think pretty much all of us that doubt a release will be more than happy to be proven wrong. 

Axl/TB  are like the boy who cried wolf. We have given up believing him.

exactly they have nothing going on 

they are full of shit 

nobody is interested anymore 

slash and the band will start dialing in performances and then axl will lose it and it'll all self destruct 

The funny thing is, I could see them being stupid enough to do a surprise drop because "oh, other big artists have done it and it made a big splash"

The problem is, they aren't nearly as popular as they think they are anymore. To make a new album really sell, they need to do a lot of promo including interviews with Axl and Slash together, real band photos, etc.

They will probably land somewhere in between those two ideas and do a similar campaign to what they did with the AFD remaster/box set and the just continue touring endlessly with a setlist that remains 95% unchanged because that's where the money lies. Albums are flyers for tours these days.

18 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

The funny thing is, I could see them being stupid enough to do a surprise drop because "oh, other big artists have done it and it made a big splash"

The problem is, they aren't nearly as popular as they think they are anymore. To make a new album really sell, they need to do a lot of promo including interviews with Axl and Slash together, real band photos, etc.

They will probably land somewhere in between those two ideas and do a similar campaign to what they did with the AFD remaster/box set and the just continue touring endlessly with a setlist that remains 95% unchanged because that's where the money lies. Albums are flyers for tours these days.

They could do a surprise drop but they'd have to do a lot at once - drop the album, a single (with at least a lyric video), have physicals ready to pre-order, maybe some special edition or colour-variant vinyl, and do a real interview. Basically 10 years worth of activities in GNR-time, in one moment. :lol:

They're not really in a place where they can just drop an album, tweet about it once, and watch the cash come pouring in. They're not as popular as they think they are, but the draw of the reunion album is still there. It's really the last ace they have up their sleeve. It will be big news, but they'll still have to do some promo. I agree with your last paragraph though.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's really not that many left who still defend them... most people seem to accept them for what they are now. Some still enjoy it, and others are just entertained by the circus.

I'm well aware. But the ones that do so strongly... whew. You've got to be deaf and blind to act like the people annoyed by having one album in 30 years and getting treated like assholes by the "management" are the ones that have the problem and not the band. It's not 2010 or 2011 anymore, it's 2020. Axl is 58 years old. Chinese was released almost 12 years ago. It's been 4 years since the reunion. Stop kissing their fucking ass and making excuses.

"Well WHAT IF they released an album next month?"

Then we'd all be fucking ecstatic?

But they aren't. They refuse to talk about it. And their manager won't even fess up to the claims he made on his public Reddit account under his name - which he also won't deny, basically proving it is him. Just... how?

On 2/26/2020 at 5:44 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Just to show how easy it is for so-called ''legendary frontmen/singers'' to get albums made as a ''collaborative experience'', Duff Mckagan and Chad Smith jammed with Ozzy and together they wrote and recorded an album - Slash guests on two songs. This must have all happened whilst the NITL tour was active. Listening to the album yesterday, I found it good with two-three stand-out songs, which isn't bad for a 71 year old in the full throes of Parkinson's (and other health concerns). 

Yes, but if you dig into the credits of Ozzy's latest record, you'll see that there are multiple songwriters on board. Guns N Roses (I hope) won't stoop to that level, which is why it's a lot harder for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If how to sell albums in 2020 is the problem, I got an idea. If people want the music on there phone so bad, how about put a code in the vinyl or CD where you can download it through iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc. DVD's work like that (besides streaming services) so why cant a record do that.

2 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

Imagine so staunchly and blindly defending this band in 2020.

Imagine having an issue with what people believe. 

The fact is we have no idea what has happened other then the fact there is evidence they have been recording. Having a tantrum about it is not gonna be helpful to anyone .

We know there has been recording and Slash was at Axl’s house for what we don’t know single album who knows.

Has been rehearsed by the band and was on the alt setlist last cycle.

We are getting something but the main points are

1. How Much

2. How it’s distributed

3. When 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

11 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

If how to sell albums in 2020 is the problem, I got an idea. If people want the music on there phone so bad, how about put a code in the vinyl or CD where you can download it through iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc. DVD's work like that (besides streaming services) so why cant a record do that.

They could be trying to figure out how to get royalties from streaming and that’s what Slash could have meant.

Spotify and Apple Music give so little to the artist that people don’t really stream whole albums they just play a trending hit.

Universal Music has to get a profit from this  and Albums don’t get a much as in CDs only physical releases that have seen growth are Vinyl. Most likely what Slash meant when he said “we need to figure out how” is that they are most likely trying to get a royalty agreement so UMG can get a profit on their investment  and that GNR is well compensated.   

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

They could be trying to figure out how to get royalties from streaming and that’s what Slash could have meant.

Spotify and Apple Music give so little to the artist that people don’t really stream whole albums they just play a trending hit.

Universal Music has to get a profit from this  and Albums don’t get a much as in CDs only physical releases that have seen growth are Vinyl. Most likely what Slash meant when he said “we need to figure out how” is that they are most likely trying to get a royalty agreement so UMG can get a profit on their investment  and that GNR is well compensated.   

How do other bands to release records?

22 minutes ago, SeBaZ said:

How do other bands to release records?

It depends on what in their contract. Some bands have a clause that they have to release a certain number of albums per year 

For example

An up and coming band that just got their first contract and building a following may need to release an album every year or 2 years so they can continue to grow their market.

A band that's been around for a while and has a sizable following can afford to release an album maybe every 4 years r so

A legendary band like GNR, Rolling Stones/ Pink Floyd that have a good enough back catalog can release an album when the demand is high and when they think it's ready as they have a stupid amount of leverage. 

For example many people casual rock fans don't know about Pink Floyd's early album except for the die-hards and die-hard rock fans. Most casual music fans know everything from Darkside Of The Moon to The Wall. They did release 3 more albums after that but a casual fan can't name a single song or hit they had post wall or pre-wall. 

Different bands have different amounts of leverage if they feel like they can get a good deal then they would follow through. We don't know what GNR's contract with UMG is but we do know that if they didn't get continuously screwed over by Jimmy Ivonie and Bob Ezrin in the late 90s we could have CD and 3 more albums. But UMG thought they had more leverage over Axl and tried to force him to get Slash and Duff back by trying to delay CD until Axl gave up and said if I release this you let me record on my own terms and when I am ready I will say so.

That seems to be what happened as CD was definitely ready in 99 and Axl wanted more albums ......But the label 100% screwed us and him over,  because they thought the album would sell more with Slash and Duff. "Which appears to be the case" and so Axl said, "Fuck it here's the album and if I ever get an album with Slash and Duff and we feel it's ready you will not try to delay it for any stupid reason and you will release it.

Now with Slash and Duff back he can make the album how he wants to and the label has to deal with it and maybe after this one gets released we might be getting more in shorter periods of time. Because both GNR and UMG need to be happy

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1

Just now, jamillos said:

"Sadistic" may be too extreme, but there is a vast space between incompetent and sadistic. Let’s just call it arrogance. And a partial separation from reality induced by life in luxury.

People are still saying he deliberately lied to fool the fan base for his own enjoyment. I find that less likely than he just did a mistake. 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

People are still saying he deliberately lied to fool the fan base for his own enjoyment. I find that less likely than he just did a mistake. 

Having a lot of experience with Fernando myself, I find it very likely. Team Brazils open contempt for the fan base is disgusting. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

Reading through Chinese Whispers, even from Axl himself over there years there were quotes like "we hope to get the album out by next summer" and "people will hear new music this year" years away from when CD actually came out, and as early as 1999.  

I personally have the theory that a 6-month time frame may have been in place at the time, however knowing how frequently shit changes in GNR world that quickly was not the case anymore.  Because with GNR, even things that seem like a sure thing somehow don't happen - and plans that get made often are not the plans that end up happening except for a select few on occasion.

I honestly don't have any hope for a new GNR album this entire year, let alone within that 6 month timeframe.  But I would love to be wrong

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Having a lot of experience with Fernando myself, I find it very likely. Team Brazils open contempt for the fan base is disgusting. 

Goes both ways. From my experience seeing comments on all forums and Reddit  the way people act like Fernando  is satan and making racist memes of his mother they have every right to be private and angry if  they feel if they get death threats or whatever from the fans they don't have to give people online respect if they are harassing or threating,

HOWEVER, SOME of the anger is rightly deserved as they are known to associate with the "people" who are known trolls and are responsible for the DMCA strikes and shutting down of virtually every GNR channel on youtube and threaten other peoples family as they won't give any sort of public statement. 

Nobody is a saint in this situation from my observation

• Haha 1

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Goes both ways. From my experience seeing comments on all forums and Reddit  the way people act like Fernando  is satan and making racist memes of his mother they have every right to be private and angry if  they feel if they get death threats or whatever from the fans they don't have to give people online respect if they are harassing or threating,

HOWEVER, SOME of the anger is rightly deserved as they are known to associate with the "people" who are known trolls and are responsible for the DMCA strikes and shutting down of virtually every GNR channel on youtube and threaten other peoples family as they won't give any sort of public statement. 

Nobody is a saint in this situation from my observation

I'm speaking for this forum specifically. We can't control what goes on at other places, let alone reddit.

We've done our absolute best at this forum to cultivate a working relationship with TB and open a healthy line of communication between them and the fans. We have never allowed hate speech toward Fernando or his family.

So what goes on across the rest of the internet has absolutely nothing to do with this site and how incredibly terrible TB has treated the fans here. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Could have been several factors at the same time, not just two polar possibilities. And of course, it’s all just speculation on our part. He might have partially believed it. He might have wanted to just stir some excitement, since Guns was to enter almost a half-year concert pause soon. Or he actually may be drunken with power a bit. We don’t know how these people live, and I don’t think we really can imagine. Maybe he just doesn’t care enough as to what spreads among the hardcore fans. In the end, I’d say it was probably just some promotion schtick.

Overall, I’m not a cynical person in general, but this little episode doesn’t make a particularly good impression on me. Dilettantism would be the bare minimum I would suspect in this case. Especially after all the other crap that’s been going on.

• Like 1