(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

5 hours ago, Ant said:

I don’t want them to put out an album at this point. 

Just do a UYI anniversary and do it really well, give us another pro shot official release... and end it.

There’s no writing spark, there’s no creative tension, there’s no shared hunger or drive... what legacy band has released something that stands up to their classic material? Sabbath, Van Halen, Metallica, Aerosmith, Motley... it’s all “extra.” You spin it for a week and it’s done and dusted; back to the real stuff. That’s the best case scenario... the worst drags your classic material down a couple notches by association. There’s every indication what made GNR great stayed in the 90’s.

“Oh but Fernando said this!” “Maybe they can find time between...” 

Haha.... fuck it

To be fair to MetallicA, they can still churn out good stuff and the odd cracker (Hardwired, Moth Into Flame and Spit Out The Bone). They maybe don’t hit the target as consistently but 100% appreciate they continue to release new material.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Creed said:

The fact that Duff and Slash joined Ozzy says it all actually. Nothing will happen in NuGuns 4.0 City. And if its the same shitty mix quality like Ozzys Album, i'm not even interested. Rock is dead.

To me this is something unbeliveable!!! They took one month to record the whole thing and the album sounds good! GNR couldn't get one song together in 4 years!!!! How come?

6 hours ago, chinese stew said:

I can't blame Axl for not wanting to release anymore new music after the Chinese Diarrhea flop.

Sure.. i’v been listening to CD all night.. and damn.. it is a realy depressive album.. you love it.. and boom you fucking hate it.. after all those years it still make no sence.. can’t make up my mind about it, it’s like a bad taco.. masterpice and diarrhea.....:smiley-confused2:

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I heard from a verified source Guns will drop a surprise album on February 30th. No other day will work for them.

I did think possibly april 1, just like the troubador show in 2016.

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

To me this is something unbeliveable!!! They took one month to record the whole thing and the album sounds good! GNR couldn't get one song together in 4 years!!!! How come?

I havnt seen the booklet for ozzys new album, but isnt duff credited with some of the writing for some songs?. If thats true says it all!!!.

2 hours ago, RedHook said:

Slash already gave up

Axl is impossible, and after 25+ years and only 1 album he just don't care anymore about releasing new music for the fans.

Duff goes whichever way the wind blows

And the rest of them have about as much say in new music as we do.

Guns N Roses will never release another album of new music

If slash starts to mention SMKC in any further interviews, we know where slashs priority lies.

• Like 1

In all honesty the wait between Appetite and Illusions felt like a eternity 

I was Hoping for a super Heavy record with illusions - Had never heard Nr - Estranged or anything that matter on a Piano from Guns - It pissed me off big time 

4 years seems to be the Norm for guns - If we don’t get a record - I think this is the last of the big tours for GNR 

Ill pay 45 bucks for a ticket like I did at Louder than Life but with out a new record that’s about it 

Hope we get 1 and I think we will but the wait sucks - Slash has made a record with Smkc while back in Guns and Duff Cut  a record as well 

It’s always Axl - When he was violently screaming with that once in a lifetime voice I could stand the wait but Don’t really care anymore 

If we get a record cool - If not - Well welcome to Axls world 

5 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

In all honesty the wait between Appetite and Illusions felt like a eternity 

I was Hoping for a super Heavy record with illusions - Had never heard Nr - Estranged or anything that matter on a Piano from Guns - It pissed me off big time 

4 years seems to be the Norm for guns - If we don’t get a record - I think this is the last of the big tours for GNR 

Ill pay 45 bucks for a ticket like I did at Louder than Life but with out a new record that’s about it 

Hope we get 1 and I think we will but the wait sucks - Slash has made a record with Smkc while back in Guns and Duff Cut  a record as well 

It’s always Axl - When he was violently screaming with that once in a lifetime voice I could stand the wait but Don’t really care anymore 

If we get a record cool - If not - Well welcome to Axls world 

I hear you about waiting for the Illusions to come out, my friends and I were like what the hell with it.😄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Wellbeing screwed by your label during your last release when you were literally ready in 99 can make someone not want to go through that bullshit again

$13 million plus investment is a strange way for a label to screw its artist. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

To be fair to MetallicA, they can still churn out good stuff and the odd cracker (Hardwired, Moth Into Flame and Spit Out The Bone). They maybe don’t hit the target as consistently but 100% appreciate they continue to release new material.

Yeah fair point for sure.

But! 

Lars and James are the original songwriting team, they’re workhouses. It’s been an unbroken chain of releases their whole career, more or less. They film the creative process — you can see how deliberate and exacting it is and still they miss as often as they hit.

I say that in no way to denigrate them, I’ll queue up Spit Out The Bone, but to show the disparity between them and GNR 2020. It takes a lot to even float the idea of being the exception to the rule of these late career releases.

Edited by Ant

People keep saying he lied.  It's not March yet. If it doesn't drop on March 1st people will say he lied when there are 31 days in March. Also for the people saying they will not release music and nothing has been done. I want evidence that people have told you there is nothing we have evidence there was recording going on but we don't know when it will be released. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

$13 million plus investment is a strange way for a label to screw its artist. 

Geffen gave them that deal/advance for that project. They then merged with Interscope along with A&M under UMG in 1998/1999 where Jimmy Iovine took charge. The people who were overseeing that project weren’t the one’s who signed off on the deal or who invested in it. It was a sunken cost taken on during a merger. By the end it was something that could offset your books at the end of the fiscal year more than a realistic opportunity to break even, let alone profit 

Not that GNR did themselves any favors during that time to give themselves a shot anyways 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

I haven't posted here in ages, but this whole "album in 6 months" fiasco made me log in again. What a fucking catastrophe. I looked up Fernando on reddit (user name: flebeis) and I am still astonished at how much of a clown this person is. I am also very sad that this band has been run by the money hungry incompetent morons that is Team Brazil. This explains so much: not only is Axl Rose a notorious slacker/shut-in/megalomaniac, he has also been surrounded by these people that I bet always tell him exactly what he wants to hear, all the while not merely ignoring the fanbase but expressing such disregard and contempt for the fanbase that it's outright insulting.

The equivalent of rep on reddit is karma, and flebeis's is negative. The reason is obvious if one looks at his posts, which include lying about an album release on social media. What kind of manager does that? Even if the artist that you manage isn't planning to release anything, why go on a site as big as reddit to make false claims? You could have hired a random 17 year old burger flipper as your manager and even they would have known better (not saying that flipping burgers makes you stupid or that it's a shameful job to have; just using it as an example of someone with no experience in this field).

If this were any other band Mr. Lebeis would have been fired on the spot or at least apologized for misleading the fans in such an inconsiderate manner.

I leave you with the words of another user, which, I feel, echo my own sentiments. I am including their entire exchange so that you can witness for yourselves what grade-A assholes are managing this once great band:

Reveal hidden contents

TessaJoy:

flebeis:

TessaJoy:

To which flebeis responds:

What a great comeback! Unrivaled eloquence right here, folks.

Couldn't agree more, sadly. And that user on reddit is a legend. Literally put everything most of the fan base is thinking into just a few posts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

I haven't posted here in ages, but this whole "album in 6 months" fiasco made me log in again. What a fucking catastrophe. I looked up Fernando on reddit (user name: flebeis) and I am still astonished at how much of a clown this person is. I am also very sad that this band has been run by the money hungry incompetent morons that is Team Brazil. This explains so much: not only is Axl Rose a notorious slacker/shut-in/megalomaniac, he has also been surrounded by these people that I bet always tell him exactly what he wants to hear, all the while not merely ignoring the fanbase but expressing such disregard and contempt for the fanbase that it's outright insulting.

The equivalent of rep on reddit is karma, and flebeis's is negative. The reason is obvious if one looks at his posts, which include lying about an album release on social media. What kind of manager does that? Even if the artist that you manage isn't planning to release anything, why go on a site as big as reddit to make false claims? You could have hired a random 17 year old burger flipper as your manager and even they would have known better (not saying that flipping burgers makes you stupid or that it's a shameful job to have; just using it as an example of someone with no experience in this field).

If this were any other band Mr. Lebeis would have been fired on the spot or at least apologized for misleading the fans in such an inconsiderate manner.

I leave you with the words of another user, which, I feel, echo my own sentiments. I am including their entire exchange so that you can witness for yourselves what grade-A assholes are managing this once great band:

Reveal hidden contents

TessaJoy:

flebeis:

TessaJoy:

To which flebeis responds:

What a great comeback! Unrivaled eloquence right here, folks.

Again he said within six months. It's not March. People keep demanding he give them an Answer and when he gives an Answer you still are not happy when the deadline has not even passed. If March 31st comes and goes with no news/actual releaser then we can say he lied but again and I can not stress this enough THE DEADLINE HAS NOT COME

You said he makes false claims. Did Guns N' Roses tell you that Did they lie to Fernando? Again if all you people saying he is lying and making false claims. Present your evidence that people have actually told you that. Until then you can only speculate like the rest of us.

Respect goes both ways. If the fanbase that constantly attacks them demand he give answers and he gives them but people keep harassing him. He does not owe you respect. If they have evidence of confronting people with no provocation the same goes. They should have said that the people issuing fake DMC takedowns are not working for them or are. That you can hound them for I have as well. But to say he lied about a deadline that has not passed and made assumptions that nobody knows is true is just as dishonest as the people assuring us something is coming but never actually comes.

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Geffen gave them that deal/advance for that project. They then merged with Interscope along with A&M under UMG in 1998/1999 where Jimmy Iovine took charge. The people who were overseeing that project weren’t the one’s who signed off on the deal or who invested in it. It was a sunken cost taken on during a merger. By the end it was something that could offset your books at the end of the fiscal year more than a realistic opportunity to break even, let alone profit 

Not that GNR did themselves any favors during that time to give themselves a shot anyways 

Exactly this 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Again he said within six months. It's not March. People keep demanding he give them an Answer and when he gives an Answer you still are not happy when the deadline has not even.

You said he makes false claims. Did Guns N' Roses tell you that Did they lie to Fernando. Again if all you people saying he is lying and making false claims. Present your evidence that people have actually told you that. Until then you can only speculate like the rest of us

Exactly this 

When a fanbase is subjected to protracted abuse and neglect from a band's management, said management should not be surprised when the fans develop a short fuse and call bullshit for what it is.

• Like 1

One more thing. There is something called an NDA Its a legally binding document that both parties UMG and GNR+TB have to sign It protects potentially compromising secrets that could hurt profits from being leaked or you get sued. I 100% guarantee that GNR has signed a NDA because if they just starting saying shit out of the blue that goes against a plain that BOTH parties agreed to they can get sued

14 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

When a fanbase is subjected to protracted abuse and neglect from a band's management, said management should not be surprised when the fans develop a short fuse and call bullshit for what it is.

Again respect goes both ways. If people are harassing Fernando making death threats against his family or making racists memes portraying his mom as a Cartoon Maid that's a racist stereotype. They don't have to give us respectful treatment and have every right to keep potential info from getting shared till they damn well, please and again I am not talking about MYGNR the mods and @RussTCB have done a great job with keeping this a healthy forum for discussion and I greatly appreciate that. I am talking about the internet as a whole

However, they do not do themselves any favors by associating with known pieces of shit that are responsible for leaks and deletion of youtube sites and trying to get this forum taken down they deserve all the shit they get for that.

I am pointing out that there are no saints in this situation and I don't like it when one side whether it be TB or the fanbase plays the victim card when they clearly have not behaved as mutually respectful. Nobody is innocent in this and I can not stress that enough. I have no stake in this war let me be clear before people call me a TB apologist/Axl bootlicker,  I am just a fan and a consumer of the product GNR release and I am not privy to any information. But this part of the larger world we live in when its always a US VS THEM  situation that BOTH sides play and I will continue to call that out

If this year  and tour goes by with nothing released then Fernando can go F himself but until the year is over I will continue to be optimistic

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

16 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Again respect goes both ways. If people are harassing Fernando making death threats against his family or making racists memes portraying his mom as a Cartoon Maid that's a racist stereotype. They don't have to give us respectful treatment and have every right to keep potential info from getting shared till they damn well, please and again I am not talking about MYGNR the mods and @RussTCB have done a great job with keeping this a healthy forum for discussion and I greatly appreciate that. I am talking about the internet as a whole

However, they do not do themselves any favors by associating with known pieces of shit that are responsible for leaks and deletion of youtube sites and trying to get this forum taken down they deserve all the shit they get for that.

I am pointing out that there are no saints in this situation and I don't like it when one side whether it be TB or the fanbase plays the victim card when they clearly have not behaved as mutually respectful. Nobody is innocent in this and I can not stress that enough. I have no stake in this war let me be clear before people call me a TB apologist/Axl bootlicker,  I am just a fan and a consumer of the product GNR release and I am not privy to any information. But this part of the larger world we live in when its always a US VS THEM  situation that BOTH sides play and I will continue to call that out

If this year  and tour goes by with nothing released then Fernando can go F himself but until the year is over I will continue to be optimistic

Since you claim you're not referring to this forum and it's users when you say people are making "death threats and racist memes" about Fernando and his family, I'd appreciate it if you stop mentioning that here. 

We do not, have not and would not allow that behavior ever. Continually mentioning it on this site (twice in two days) makes it seem as if we have some association with that behavior and the people who choose to act that way. 

Yes, I realize that you inserted a disclaimer this time, but there's still no need to post it on here as if it has any association with this site.

Also, the fan base has given years....decades of good faith towards Axl and TB. If they're going to be professionals, they're going to need to learn that they need to get over the fact that parts of the internet are mean. 

Instead of hiding behind an excuse like "some people are mean to us on the internet", they instead reward the 95% of the fan base that's always showed them good will? 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1