(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reopening this thread that @sofine11made yesterday. We were in contact with Fernando directly today. He was asked 3 times throughout the conversation if the reddit account was his, but he chose n

From Merck Mercuriadis & Irving Azoff   to this:   Appetite for Self-Destruction.

I don't really know why I'm still here every day. It's just a fucked up habit at this point.

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They could do a surprise drop but they'd have to do a lot at once - drop the album, a single (with at least a lyric video), have physicals ready to pre-order, maybe some special edition or colour-variant vinyl, and do a real interview. Basically 10 years worth of activities in GNR-time, in one moment. :lol:

They're not really in a place where they can just drop an album, tweet about it once, and watch the cash come pouring in. They're not as popular as they think they are, but the draw of the reunion album is still there. It's really the last ace they have up their sleeve. It will be big news, but they'll still have to do some promo. I agree with your last paragraph though.

Yeah and it could be done. It's little harder with a bigger band like this and so many moving parts that are involved to make it happen.

Last year on 4/20, Third Man Records dropped a new sleep album and it was in stores that day. No on even knew they were signed to the label at the time. But when you are talking about a huge company like Universal Music, all the band members and their separate entourages, etc...it's not that easy to keep a secret.

10 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Yeah and it could be done. It's little harder with a bigger band like this and so many moving parts that are involved to make it happen.

Last year on 4/20, Third Man Records dropped a new sleep album and it was in stores that day. No on even knew they were signed to the label at the time. But when you are talking about a huge company like Universal Music, all the band members and their separate entourages, etc...it's not that easy to keep a secret.

I would think in this situation, UMG wants to maximize sales of physical copies (since a part of the fanbase is older) on top of streaming. Makes more sense to gather pre sales to capitalize on that sector before letting the album out. Maybe you get a surprise release single to help flame that. I just don’t see an entire album dropped as a surprise. Not with the amount of $/larger advance that’s possibly at stake for UMG. 

You could see something pop up in the late spring, I just think a Spring album release scenario has passed at this point. 

20 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I heard from a verified source Guns will drop a surprise album on February 30th. No other day will work for them.

Knowing this regime, this more than likely is the plan, and when they find out that day does not exist they will be completely blindsided placing the album even deeper into limbo.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Knowing this regime, this more than likely is the plan, and when they find out that day does not exist they will be completely blindsided placing the album even deeper into limbo.

And they’ll blame us for it!

”Complaints! Complaints! Complaints!”

Edited by rocknroll41
  • GNFNR 2

Slash already gave up

Axl is impossible, and after 25+ years and only 1 album he just don't care anymore about releasing new music for the fans.

Duff goes whichever way the wind blows

And the rest of them have about as much say in new music as we do.

Guns N Roses will never release another album of new music

5 hours ago, Ant said:

I don’t want them to put out an album at this point. 

Just do a UYI anniversary and do it really well, give us another pro shot official release... and end it.

There’s no writing spark, there’s no creative tension, there’s no shared hunger or drive... what legacy band has released something that stands up to their classic material? Sabbath, Van Halen, Metallica, Aerosmith, Motley... it’s all “extra.” You spin it for a week and it’s done and dusted; back to the real stuff. That’s the best case scenario... the worst drags your classic material down a couple notches by association. There’s every indication what made GNR great stayed in the 90’s.

“Oh but Fernando said this!” “Maybe they can find time between...” 

Haha.... fuck it

To be fair to MetallicA, they can still churn out good stuff and the odd cracker (Hardwired, Moth Into Flame and Spit Out The Bone). They maybe don’t hit the target as consistently but 100% appreciate they continue to release new material.

• Like 3

Why are people on this forum so mad right now about the band not releasing something new?

Was there any rumors of a release date on february / march?

Remember kids, Chinese Democracy was released 12, I said 12 years ago (bummer).

1 minute ago, Creed said:

The fact that Duff and Slash joined Ozzy says it all actually. Nothing will happen in NuGuns 4.0 City. And if its the same shitty mix quality like Ozzys Album, i'm not even interested. Rock is dead.

To me this is something unbeliveable!!! They took one month to record the whole thing and the album sounds good! GNR couldn't get one song together in 4 years!!!! How come?

6 hours ago, chinese stew said:

I can't blame Axl for not wanting to release anymore new music after the Chinese Diarrhea flop.

Sure.. i’v been listening to CD all night.. and damn.. it is a realy depressive album.. you love it.. and boom you fucking hate it.. after all those years it still make no sence.. can’t make up my mind about it, it’s like a bad taco.. masterpice and diarrhea.....:smiley-confused2:

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I heard from a verified source Guns will drop a surprise album on February 30th. No other day will work for them.

I did think possibly april 1, just like the troubador show in 2016.

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

To me this is something unbeliveable!!! They took one month to record the whole thing and the album sounds good! GNR couldn't get one song together in 4 years!!!! How come?

I havnt seen the booklet for ozzys new album, but isnt duff credited with some of the writing for some songs?. If thats true says it all!!!.

2 hours ago, RedHook said:

Slash already gave up

Axl is impossible, and after 25+ years and only 1 album he just don't care anymore about releasing new music for the fans.

Duff goes whichever way the wind blows

And the rest of them have about as much say in new music as we do.

Guns N Roses will never release another album of new music

If slash starts to mention SMKC in any further interviews, we know where slashs priority lies.

• Like 1

In all honesty the wait between Appetite and Illusions felt like a eternity 

I was Hoping for a super Heavy record with illusions - Had never heard Nr - Estranged or anything that matter on a Piano from Guns - It pissed me off big time 

4 years seems to be the Norm for guns - If we don’t get a record - I think this is the last of the big tours for GNR 

Ill pay 45 bucks for a ticket like I did at Louder than Life but with out a new record that’s about it 

Hope we get 1 and I think we will but the wait sucks - Slash has made a record with Smkc while back in Guns and Duff Cut  a record as well 

It’s always Axl - When he was violently screaming with that once in a lifetime voice I could stand the wait but Don’t really care anymore 

If we get a record cool - If not - Well welcome to Axls world 

5 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

In all honesty the wait between Appetite and Illusions felt like a eternity 

I was Hoping for a super Heavy record with illusions - Had never heard Nr - Estranged or anything that matter on a Piano from Guns - It pissed me off big time 

4 years seems to be the Norm for guns - If we don’t get a record - I think this is the last of the big tours for GNR 

Ill pay 45 bucks for a ticket like I did at Louder than Life but with out a new record that’s about it 

Hope we get 1 and I think we will but the wait sucks - Slash has made a record with Smkc while back in Guns and Duff Cut  a record as well 

It’s always Axl - When he was violently screaming with that once in a lifetime voice I could stand the wait but Don’t really care anymore 

If we get a record cool - If not - Well welcome to Axls world 

I hear you about waiting for the Illusions to come out, my friends and I were like what the hell with it.😄

• Like 1

If you're in to waiting, try waiting for Jesus, I hear the pay off will be that much greater....Or some bullshit like that.

Honestly, I stopped waiting for new Guns music when 'Chinese Democracy' was finally released.

The band today, is a Godamn joke.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Wellbeing screwed by your label during your last release when you were literally ready in 99 can make someone not want to go through that bullshit again

$13 million plus investment is a strange way for a label to screw its artist. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

To be fair to MetallicA, they can still churn out good stuff and the odd cracker (Hardwired, Moth Into Flame and Spit Out The Bone). They maybe don’t hit the target as consistently but 100% appreciate they continue to release new material.

Yeah fair point for sure.

But! 

Lars and James are the original songwriting team, they’re workhouses. It’s been an unbroken chain of releases their whole career, more or less. They film the creative process — you can see how deliberate and exacting it is and still they miss as often as they hit.

I say that in no way to denigrate them, I’ll queue up Spit Out The Bone, but to show the disparity between them and GNR 2020. It takes a lot to even float the idea of being the exception to the rule of these late career releases.

Edited by Ant

People keep saying he lied.  It's not March yet. If it doesn't drop on March 1st people will say he lied when there are 31 days in March. Also for the people saying they will not release music and nothing has been done. I want evidence that people have told you there is nothing we have evidence there was recording going on but we don't know when it will be released. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

$13 million plus investment is a strange way for a label to screw its artist. 

Geffen gave them that deal/advance for that project. They then merged with Interscope along with A&M under UMG in 1998/1999 where Jimmy Iovine took charge. The people who were overseeing that project weren’t the one’s who signed off on the deal or who invested in it. It was a sunken cost taken on during a merger. By the end it was something that could offset your books at the end of the fiscal year more than a realistic opportunity to break even, let alone profit 

Not that GNR did themselves any favors during that time to give themselves a shot anyways 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1