(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

On 3/1/2020 at 3:26 PM, Towelie said:

I understand this from a casual fan, but anyone who considers themselves a hardcore fan must be glutten for punishment to not want new music from these guys. How many times do you want to go and see the same songs played the same way, year in, year out? 

In the words of Prince "heavy rotation never made my world go round."

I think hardcore fans who don't want new music or say as much are just skeptical about this incarnation the band's capacity to do it right. Obviously on an individual level they're all immensely talented and capable... but the weird state of the GNR corporate entity is getting in the way.

Like, are you going to get in there as a unit, find your musical voice as a unit, and record a fucking album? Or are you going to piece it together from disparate scraps, use previously recorded parts and Frankenstein the whole thing and not really commit to it? Dump it in between nostalgia tour legs to tick a box and make new branded laundry bags?

Get a producer, book some studio time and record an album. Don't give yourself an out. However it turned out, if it was recorded in that context, I think fans would be extremely charitable about the result and it would be a seriously good moment for the band. Otherwise...

Edited by Ant
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Ha, it’s actually a lyric from a Pearl Jam song from their album that gets released.... this month. 

Wait, they are a rock band that is actually... releasing something new!?  As a GNR fan, that concept is way beyond me, well I suppose there is a first for everything right? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Ha, it’s actually a lyric from a Pearl Jam song from their album that gets released.... this month. 

that's cool! a band that releases music! 

I didn't like the last single though but it's nice to have choice

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ant said:

I think hardcore fans who don't want new music or say as much are just skeptical about this incarnation the band's capacity to do it right. Obviously on an individual level they're all immensely talented and capable... but the weird state of the GNR corporate entity is getting in the way.

Like, are you going to get in there as a unit, find your musical voice as a unit, and record a fucking album? Or are you going to piece it together from disparate scraps, use previously recorded parts and Frankenstein the whole thing and not really commit to it? Dump it in between nostalgia tour legs to tick a box and make new branded laundry bags?

Get a producer, book some studio time and record an album. Don't give yourself an out. However it turned out, if it was recorded in that context, I think fans would be extremely charitable about the result and it would be a seriously good moment for the band. Otherwise...

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see that happening. Its the Frankenstein approach all the way, lets face it.

Consider how poor the music would be from someone so reluctant to make new music as Rose. He obviously doesn't want to release anything for whatever reason. If you stuck a gun to somebody's head and demanded that they write music, the material produced would be awful. 

8 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Wait, they are a rock band that is actually... releasing something new!?  As a GNR fan, that concept is way beyond me, well I suppose there is a first for everything right? :lol:

Well - if you listen to some, it’s pointless as it wont be as good as ‘the early stuff’ so a waste of time......

Note - I absolutely don’t agree with that. Gimme all the material!!!!

44 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Consider how poor the music would be from someone so reluctant to make new music as Rose. He obviously doesn't want to release anything for whatever reason. If you stuck a gun to somebody's head and demanded that they write music, the material produced would be awful. 

not that obvious imo. He said multiple times he would love to do it so maybe he just overthinks it, the problem is not necessarily about if he's interested. My guess is he's just not interested in releasing something he won't be proud of. To release just another album that won't do much and will just be pretty good is not his goal if I had to speculate.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

How many other big rock bands would take & put up with Fernando's crap until they fired him? 

He's basically playing the "cop's son" where he can do whatever the hell he wants in the GNR dojo, lie to and antagonize the fans that care the most, on top of the myriad of other irresponsible behaviors that have lead us to this end with zero repercussions.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

On 28/02/2020 at 8:46 PM, Sydney Fan said:

I did think possibly april 1, just like the troubador show in 2016.

I havnt seen the booklet for ozzys new album, but isnt duff credited with some of the writing for some songs?. If thats true says it all!!!.

The only song he's not credited is "Today Is The End".

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Team Brazil is not the reason for Axl to not release records. There's plenty of reasons to hate them, this is not one.

And don't fucking treat Brazilians in general as a joke.

I wasn't entirely joking.  I really do think he could use a few more Brazilians. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

JOKE OF THE DAY

Question: How many Brazilians does it take to convince Axl Rose to put out a record?  

Answer: More than however the fuck many Brazilians make up Team Brazil.

Not a good joke, man! 

I'm Brazilian and I don't think they have the power to push Axl to release anything. Axl is the boss, they just take care and enable whatever Axl wants and when he wants to.

Or do you forget that before TEAM BRAZIL, Axl wasn't releasing anything either.

Also, I don't think you understand the role of a manager or of TB in a band or GNR.

They are employees, they don't own shit regarding the band.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I sincerely doubt that any user on here would consider new GN'R music to be a matter of life and death. 

I know many people would love to hear new music, but I don't think the majority of people take it anywhere near as seriously as some are suggesting. 

Agreed. To be quite honest, it rarely bothers me these days. There's too much music out there to be fixating on one band not releasing a (likely) 20 year old record. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2020 at 8:08 AM, Popcorn crew said:

Weird part for me is that bands who covers GnR sound much more like GnR than GnR and put in much more energy in their performance than original 3+1.

I agree, like when SMKC does GnR songs it sounds way more like classic GnR than the NITL lineup does. Part of that is because of the drummer but still.

• Like 2