Jump to content

(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reopening this thread that @sofine11made yesterday. We were in contact with Fernando directly today. He was asked 3 times throughout the conversation if the reddit account was his, but he chose n

From Merck Mercuriadis & Irving Azoff   to this:   Appetite for Self-Destruction.

I don't really know why I'm still here every day. It's just a fucked up habit at this point.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Someone message Duff's wife and ask her when the Guns single is supposed to drop.  I'm serious.

Ha ha - I’m not that familiar with Twitter etc. If you message someone or quote their ‘@‘ does your message always show on their feed or only if they respond? Surely someone has asked @axlrose or whatever!!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Ha ha - I’m not that familiar with Twitter etc. If you message someone or quote their ‘@‘ does your message always show on their feed or only if they respond? Surely someone has asked @axlrose or whatever!!?

It only shows up on their feed if they retweet it and/or reply to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those GNR podcast guys should track down somebody who works or has worked for Universal to say what they say is going on behind the scenes for the next GNR release. Is it really a record company issue? Is there contract up after Chinese? Like really what is going on or is it really all Axl??

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 3:26 PM, Towelie said:

I understand this from a casual fan, but anyone who considers themselves a hardcore fan must be glutten for punishment to not want new music from these guys. How many times do you want to go and see the same songs played the same way, year in, year out? 

In the words of Prince "heavy rotation never made my world go round."

 

I think hardcore fans who don't want new music or say as much are just skeptical about this incarnation the band's capacity to do it right. Obviously on an individual level they're all immensely talented and capable... but the weird state of the GNR corporate entity is getting in the way.

Like, are you going to get in there as a unit, find your musical voice as a unit, and record a fucking album? Or are you going to piece it together from disparate scraps, use previously recorded parts and Frankenstein the whole thing and not really commit to it? Dump it in between nostalgia tour legs to tick a box and make new branded laundry bags?

Get a producer, book some studio time and record an album. Don't give yourself an out. However it turned out, if it was recorded in that context, I think fans would be extremely charitable about the result and it would be a seriously good moment for the band. Otherwise...

Edited by Ant
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Ha, it’s actually a lyric from a Pearl Jam song from their album that gets released.... this month. 

Wait, they are a rock band that is actually... releasing something new!?  As a GNR fan, that concept is way beyond me, well I suppose there is a first for everything right? :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Ha, it’s actually a lyric from a Pearl Jam song from their album that gets released.... this month. 

that's cool! a band that releases music! 

I didn't like the last single though but it's nice to have choice

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ant said:

I think hardcore fans who don't want new music or say as much are just skeptical about this incarnation the band's capacity to do it right. Obviously on an individual level they're all immensely talented and capable... but the weird state of the GNR corporate entity is getting in the way.

Like, are you going to get in there as a unit, find your musical voice as a unit, and record a fucking album? Or are you going to piece it together from disparate scraps, use previously recorded parts and Frankenstein the whole thing and not really commit to it? Dump it in between nostalgia tour legs to tick a box and make new branded laundry bags?

Get a producer, book some studio time and record an album. Don't give yourself an out. However it turned out, if it was recorded in that context, I think fans would be extremely charitable about the result and it would be a seriously good moment for the band. Otherwise...

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't see that happening. Its the Frankenstein approach all the way, lets face it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Consider how poor the music would be from someone so reluctant to make new music as Rose. He obviously doesn't want to release anything for whatever reason. If you stuck a gun to somebody's head and demanded that they write music, the material produced would be awful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Wait, they are a rock band that is actually... releasing something new!?  As a GNR fan, that concept is way beyond me, well I suppose there is a first for everything right? :lol:

Well - if you listen to some, it’s pointless as it wont be as good as ‘the early stuff’ so a waste of time......

Note - I absolutely don’t agree with that. Gimme all the material!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Consider how poor the music would be from someone so reluctant to make new music as Rose. He obviously doesn't want to release anything for whatever reason. If you stuck a gun to somebody's head and demanded that they write music, the material produced would be awful. 

not that obvious imo. He said multiple times he would love to do it so maybe he just overthinks it, the problem is not necessarily about if he's interested. My guess is he's just not interested in releasing something he won't be proud of. To release just another album that won't do much and will just be pretty good is not his goal if I had to speculate.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

JOKE OF THE DAY

Question: How many Brazilians does it take to convince Axl Rose to put out a record?  

Answer: More than however the fuck many Brazilians make up Team Brazil.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

How many other big rock bands would take & put up with Fernando's crap until they fired him? 

He's basically playing the "cop's son" where he can do whatever the hell he wants in the GNR dojo, lie to and antagonize the fans that care the most, on top of the myriad of other irresponsible behaviors that have lead us to this end with zero repercussions.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2020 at 8:46 PM, Sydney Fan said:

I did think possibly april 1, just like the troubador show in 2016.

I havnt seen the booklet for ozzys new album, but isnt duff credited with some of the writing for some songs?. If thats true says it all!!!.

The only song he's not credited is "Today Is The End".

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Team Brazil is not the reason for Axl to not release records. There's plenty of reasons to hate them, this is not one.

And don't fucking treat Brazilians in general as a joke.

I wasn't entirely joking.  I really do think he could use a few more Brazilians. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

JOKE OF THE DAY

Question: How many Brazilians does it take to convince Axl Rose to put out a record?  

Answer: More than however the fuck many Brazilians make up Team Brazil.

Not a good joke, man! 

I'm Brazilian and I don't think they have the power to push Axl to release anything. Axl is the boss, they just take care and enable whatever Axl wants and when he wants to.

Or do you forget that before TEAM BRAZIL, Axl wasn't releasing anything either.

Also, I don't think you understand the role of a manager or of TB in a band or GNR.

They are employees, they don't own shit regarding the band.

  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...