Your All Time Top 5 GNR songs incl. CD and leaks

1. Estranged

2. Nightrain

3. Civil War

4. Locomotive

5. Madagascar

I feel weird including a Chinese Democracy song on there, but in terms of songs I listen to the most, I'd say these five. List would probably change if you ask me a month from now.

This is me ranking based on overall songwriting,  so unfortunately Bucketheads solo on TWAT wont fall on here bc the song aa a whole isnt as strong as others

No particular order:

Civil War

Prostitute

Coma

Rocket Queen

Estranged

29 minutes ago, Mendez said:

This is me ranking based on overall songwriting,  so unfortunately Bucketheads solo on TWAT wont fall on here bc the song aa a whole isnt as strong as others

No particular order:

Civil War

Prostitute

Coma

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Oh I agree, Buckethead's solo on T.W.A.T. is waaaaay up there. But what CD doesn't capture for me is the GN'R sound I fell in love with, it also misses some mean ass vocals.

My top 5 changes from week to week. 

But these are the ones i listen to most, in no order

TWAT any version

SCOM AFD

Estranged UYI

Rocket Queen Live era 

One in a million Lies

Honourable mentions: Prostitute, Black Leather, Hair of the dog, Locomotive, Coma, WTTJ and Nightrain. 

The only GNR song i struggle with is my world. 

On 27. 09. 2019. at 4:19 PM, sl4yer said:

1. Hardschool - I know xD but I already loved the snipped few years ago and full version is kick ass for me

2. You Could Be Mine (Live) - Live versions from Chicago and Paris are so powerful and great, watching them is awesome but it also makes me sad how weak this sounds now

3. Welcome To The Jungle- It just have so much great energy, for me it is a perfect rock song

4. Twat - I really like the vibe, Axl vocals are amazing and Bucket’s solo brings it to whole different level. Epic song

5. It’s So Easy

Honorable mentions:

Rocket Queen

Quick Song (it has a lot of potential imo)

Madagascar

Locomotive

did you ever see UYI final show in Buenos Aires or Saskatoon one?  UYI tour had no bad version, BUT Saskatoon...:o:o:o

On 10/1/2019 at 10:20 AM, bdinan said:

Think About You is probably one of the more underrated - and definitely underplayed tracks on AFD. Yes, love and respect to the classics and the hits, but I can go a lifetime without ever hearing Jungle again. 

and scom for me.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:37 AM, UcudBmine said:

I think that's because a lot of people view it as over the top, the video is a big wtf to many people. But ye, I pick Estranged over November Rain as well. I don't hate November Rain, but it's the go-to GN'R song for so many videos and radio stations that I kinda grew tired of it after a while.

I agree with you, but Estranged the video came at the end of the 1993 and after the UYI tour, too. November Rain has broader appeal as a song and the video was the biggest video at that time.

On 9/27/2019 at 4:54 AM, adamsapple said:

Topic says it all - narrow it down to five, recent leaks of demos/unreleased songs from "Chinese Democracy" are allowed too...trying to find out the ultimate fan favourites here and maybe the band takes note and plays them in concert. ;)

Mine: 

1. Estranged
  2. Breakdown
  3. Catcher In The Rye (Brian May Version)
  4. The Blues / Street Of Dreams (Live in Pittsburgh 2002)
  5. You Could Be Mine

So for me it's two from Chinese Democracy, in their rougher versions though, but still.

Estranged and Breakdown. Can’t do better as a top two. I’d agree. 

• Like 1

On 01/10/2019 at 10:20 AM, bdinan said:

Think About You is probably one of the more underrated - and definitely underplayed tracks on AFD. Yes, love and respect to the classics and the hits, but I can go a lifetime without ever hearing Jungle again. 

I have to confess I wanted to put it in my list but chose Jungle to save getting shit from people I can't be bothered replying to. Well played. 

That being said, live, Jungle is one of the best, I'd be devastated to go to a show and not see it.