James Hetfield goes back to rehab. Aussie metallica tour cancelled.

vloors

Really sad for him and his family. Happy he's address it.

Anyone up for Sober October? Will prolly still post this somewhere with more traffic, but it seems relevant to this thread. Its basically as simple as a group of people abstaining from drink and weed but there can be a points system or other challenged if the group wants!

2 hours ago, soon said:

Really sad for him and his family. Happy he's address it.

Anyone up for Sober October? Will prolly still post this somewhere with more traffic, but it seems relevant to this thread. Its basically as simple as a group of people abstaining from drink and weed but there can be a points system or other challenged if the group wants!

Ive been sober since feb 2018. Maybe thats cheating if i played.

On 9/28/2019 at 2:04 PM, vloors said:

Ive been sober since feb 2018. Maybe thats cheating if i played.

I was sober for more than a year but I figured life is too short to live like a monk. Before that I drank one glass each day, which was too much. Now, I drink once a month, when we hold a party with family or friends. It breaks the routine somewhat I guess. 

But alcohol addiction sucks. you get fat, you're getting dependend on the substance and it damages your mind. Enjoy, but with measure and caution.

• Like 1

Metallica's latest tour is boring.  I saw them last year.

I have seen them 5 times over the years.  They were awesome live back in the 80's and 90's but they seem to have lost a step these days.

I do, however, wish James a speedy recovery.  

Edited by BadApples87

13 hours ago, action said:

I was sober for more than a year but I figured life is too short to live like a monk. Before that I drank one glass each day, which was too much. Now, I drink once a month, when we hold a party with family or friends. It breaks the routine somewhat I guess. 

But alcohol addiction sucks. you get fat, you're getting dependend on the substance and it damages your mind. Enjoy, but with measure and caution.

I have health reasons (liver) so I cant touch the stuff any more. Not worth it for me.

As long as others can control their substances theres no reason why you cant enjoy it in moderation.

4 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

Metallica's latest tour is boring.  I saw them last year.

I have seen them 5 times over the years.  They were awesome live back in the 80's and 90's but they seem to have lost a step these days.

I do, however, wish James a speedy recovery.  

Guys in their mid 50's aren't as energetic as guys in their 20's? Whoa slow down there with the generalities!