The new Blues solo

TMAC20

Slash has been playing a killer new Blues solo on the NITL tour on this set of dates 

The band plays in the background and Slash goes off - I can hear some “ Roy Buchanan “ style bends and squealing 

Hope the band decides to put this on the new record - it’s amazing live -Just heard it at Louder Than life In Louisville 

Effortless Blues Shredder 

Slash keeps getting better 

Amazing work 

I read somewhere it's a cover from Funcadelic... Maggot Brain. Actually I love that song but didn't recognize it when I saw them play it first. Now it's gone and I can't compare the solo/jam to the song anymore. Anybody here who can confirm that? 

I would love this to be their own composition.

Man I wasn't too keen on some of Slash's recent extended solos... serving up the noodles...

But that solo was intensely good. I got emotional! Perfect mix of speed, emotive quality and constantly shifting themes...

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Slash is great as a blues player if it comes to soloing. His roots are undeniable, he'll release a blues album one day and it will be magnificent.

You ever see that video where BB King is telling Slash he plays really well but he tells him he's playing so quiet / shyly :) . So funny when you think of shirtless Slash playing his goldtop running 15mph jumping off the stage ramp.

Bring on the blues album!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Slash and his style of playing in certain instances is the closet I’ve seen to the great Roy Buchanan 

If anyone hasn’t heard Roy - do ur self a favor and go listen to  “ Roy’s Bluez “ or Anything really Roy does live 

Slash - Srv - Joe Perry - Eric Steckel - Joe Bonamasa all have the Roy influence 4 sure 

21 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Slash and his style of playing in certain instances is the closet I’ve seen to the great Roy Buchanan 

If anyone hasn’t heard Roy - do ur self a favor and go listen to  “ Roy’s Bluez “ or Anything really Roy does live 

Slash - Srv - Joe Perry - Eric Steckel - Joe Bonamasa all have the Roy influence 4 sure 

Jeff Beck too. If you like Roy, Danny Gatton was also great.

• Like 1