ZZ Top

action

so I don't hear much talk about this band. but they've got some cracking licks in their repertoire. but those beards lol, are they a joke band or something? these guys don't seem to age. I remeber seeing them on television 30 years ago and thinking these guys must be 100 years old with their long beards. And here we are and they're still rocking away lol. And with an unchanged lineup no less, what's up with that. Curious band this one. Any great albums by them that I should look into?

I find their use of double stops very inspiring, as a guitar player. that's the way I started playing, to play something different than single notes. double stops add a little "crunch" and soon you're rocking away. Now I learn, ZZTop made a career out of such playing

1 hour ago, action said:

I find their use of double stops very inspiring, as a guitar player. that's the way I started playing, to play something different than single notes. double stops add a little "crunch" and soon you're rocking away. Now I learn, ZZTop made a career out of such playing

I think that Jimi Hendrix said that Billy Gibbons was one of his favorite guitarists, along with Hubert Sumlin.