Which version of Chinese Democracy (the song) is the best?

Which version of Chinese Democracy (the song) is the best?   

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I'd say the final album version ... but, man, it's missing bass. There is a rumbling bass to earlier versions that I just adore. And when you listen to the final studio recording, it's noticeably absent.

Yeah, I agree with that. I too wish the bass from the 2001 versions was on the final mix.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:01 PM, doakes said:

Whaaaaa?!?

There's been that many versions to leak over the years?

To be fair all but three of those (2007 leak, 2008 leak, and album version) have leaked in he last month and a half.

My favorite is Old Josh Drums, I think. I haven't really had a chance to sit down and do a nitty gritty compare/contrast yet. 

• Like 1

On 2019-10-02 at 10:12 PM, GnR Chris said:

I'd say the final album version ... but, man, it's missing bass. There is a rumbling bass to earlier versions that I just adore. And when you listen to the final studio recording, it's noticeably absent.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. 

Edited by Thorbear

most definitely the Slash and Duff versions; i just love Slash's tone with the opening riff. I think it pairs better with the rest of the set than the live 2009 and 2010 versions. From leaks, its the version without the doubled guitars; although i have to agree that the 2008 studio version sounds more modern and not stuck in 1999 like the earlier leaks. Just needs a big bass boost

"Old Josh Drums" - it is very similar to the Rough Mixes Disk 1 version however on Rough Mixes the intro and the song are so varied volume wise that either you can barely hear the intro or the song itself is super super loud when it kicks odd

Josh Freese on drums, the arrangement being more sparse and punchy with those 2002-tour electronic sounds, this is by far my favorite version

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1