The intro before the band gets on.

35 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I always liked the 2002 intro tune. Did I read somewhere that its The General?

The 2006 intro tune is The General, according to Fernando.

There is backstage footage of Izzy listening to it back when he was a guest on that tour and he says “there’s that noise again...” Guess he doesn’t like that song. :lol:

Between the old tour intro, the leaked cellphone clip, Evader’s remix, and now Billionaire, it’s kinda surprising that we never got a proper leak of the song.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just went back and watched the new 2019 tour intro. Not only is the AFD cross on fire, but Steven and Izzy are missing! :lol:

Also, the ChiDem bike is leaning against the wall that has “Guns N’ Roses” graffiti’d on it, with that same striped rail thing from the album cover.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The 2006 intro tune is The General, according to Fernando.

There is backstage footage of Izzy listening to it back when he was a guest on that tour and he says “there’s that noise again...” Guess he doesn’t like that song. :lol:

Between the old tour intro, the leaked cellphone clip, Evader’s remix, and now Billionaire, it’s kinda surprising that we never got a proper leak of the song.

I don't think Billionare is The General, I see definite similarities in general (no pun intended lol) but the orchestral melodies and harmonic movement differ from the 2006 tour intro/cell clip plus a different key (G minor as opposed to D minor), although I can easily see how going for a similar vibe with the orchestral arrangement can serve as a sketch for what would be attempted later on stylistically

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

The General intro was best but that's probably cuz it worked as an intro to the CD intro or jungle. Don't think it would work going into ISE.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

The General intro was best but that's probably cuz it worked as an intro to the CD intro or jungle. Don't think it would work going into ISE.

I loved how it gradually built, I think they could probably play just about any song after it, as the crowd were fairly pumped with the lighting and then complete darkness. I loved the 2006 intro!

7 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I don't think Billionare is The General, I see definite similarities in general (no pun intended lol) but the orchestral melodies and harmonic movement differ from the 2006 tour intro/cell clip plus a different key (G minor as opposed to D minor), although I can easily see how going for a similar vibe with the orchestral arrangement can serve as a sketch for what would be attempted later on stylistically

Yeah, plus the fact that Beltrami hadn't even written The General's orchestral arrangement until around 2 years after that recording/mix.

18 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I thought I couldn’t love him more than I do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ant said:

I thought I couldn’t love him more than I do.

He was also holding the door open for Axl and the rest of the 06 band during that moment. Seems like a cool guy.

it was trippy seeing Richard walk past him since they look so alike.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think back then it was just lights out, then Tom screaming the intro, right? 

4 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Yes, that is my recollection of the shows I saw in 91 and 92.

I do remember a cartoon being shown at the end, do you remember that?