P.R.L. - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

The second album was supposed to be titled "P.R.L." and the tracklist in theory would have been

1. Thyme

2. P.R.L.

So listen to both tracks in that order if you want an idea of how the second album would have started

Isn't Thyme supposed to be part of P.R.L. Like layered into the song or something. Sure I heard that somewhere but cant see it working at all.

Just now, Shacklermyrye said:

Isn't Thyme supposed to be part of P.R.L. Like layered into the song or something. Sure I heard that somewhere but cant see it working at all.

In 2002 Marco Beltrami re-did it as an orchestra piece - so imagine Thyme as a piece of classical music to open the album

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

In 2002 Marco Beltrami re-did it as an orchestra piece - so imagine Thyme as a piece of classical music to open the album

Into this?.....

Fucking hell lol

It's hard to judge without guitars but I don't think that would have worked.

2 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I’m glad we never got an electronica version of GNR. This is so late 90s the way disco was so late 70s.

I mean...it sounds exactly like the outro to "Closer" and that was from fucking 1994

It's like Axl got caught dabbling in Electronica, his entire band left him, and then he hired a bunch of other people to prove them wrong...but by the time he figured everything out the fad had passed

Really - listen to 5:00 on from "Closer" and then listen to PRL

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I mean...it sounds exactly like the outro to "Closer" and that was from fucking 1994

It's like Axl got caught dabbling in Electronica, his entire band left him, and then he hired a bunch of other people to prove them wrong...but by the time he figured everything out the fad had passed

Well, he also copied Smells Like Teen Spirit. So the early 90's were a clear influence. ;):P 

• Like 1

This record should have been called "Grunge Sent Me Into Hiding." It's a clear indicator that Mac Daddy thought a style change was in order to keep the band relevant, and guys like Slash probably opposed to that - and I don't blame them.

Not really interested in anything without vocals, tbh. 

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Track listing:

1. I'm Not As Good as Nirvana (and fuck Slash)

2. I'm Not As Good as Nine Inch Nails (and seriously fuck Slash)

3. Fuck my ex wife (and Slash)

4. Fuck my ex wife's brother-in-law (and also Slash)

5. I SAID FUCK MY EX WIFE (BUT MOST OF ALL SLASH)

6. Silkworms (no Slash)

7. I'm The Victim (and it's all Slash's fault)

Fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't be fair to pass final judgement on this 'song' (or any of them infact) without the vocals added - never mind in this case with it also lacking guitars. 

Think of some of the odd industrial shit going on in the background on 'better'.... being one of the 'better' tracks on CD, i would not have thought that if we had only just heard 3 dollar pyramid instrumental. 

That said.... i'm not keen on this in its current form!

Edited by bangit

4 minutes ago, username05 said:

if there was ever a song that had something to do with moby... this is it.

but this leak is good as nothing. since without guitar, it could range from spice girls to nin. 

From Wikipedia: 
In February 1997, electronic producer Moby entered talks to produce; he said: "They’re writing with a lot of loops, and believe it or not, they’re doing it better than anybody I’ve heard lately." Moby pulled out to focus on his solo work.  

There's definitely a lot of loop stuff on the discs. Funny to think it'd already be as old as 1997. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

you dont know what you are talkin about. its a simple drum loop. Nothing to do with closer... except that its a drum loop. 

if its anythin to do with anything. its moby mid 90s. 

6 minutes ago, username said:

From Wikipedia: 
In February 1997, electronic producer Moby entered talks to produce; he said: "They’re writing with a lot of loops, and believe it or not, they’re doing it better than anybody I’ve heard lately." Moby pulled out to focus on his solo work.  

There's definitely a lot of loop stuff on the discs. Funny to think it'd already be as old as 1997. 

thanks for finding a quote

Edited by username05