So what happened with pitman?

username05

1 hour ago, MooseMan said:

I don't know if GN'R are operating under the old partnership for the tour or not. They very well may be, but I don't think this lawsuit proves that they are. There were lawsuits during the Nu GN'R days where all 3 of them were plaintiffs as "GN'R".

In the Greatest Hits lawsuit, although they referenced the partnership, they sued as individuals. From the ruling of the case (which they lost):

Plaintiffs' Lanham Act claims fail as a matter of law. Even if there were any factual basis for Plaintiffs' claims, they still could not provide a basis for equitable relief. Both of the Lanham Act claims are facially deficient. The first, for trademark infringement, fails because Plaintiffs have no standing even to bring such a claim. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office records submitted by Plaintiffs show that a California partnership called 'Guns N' Roses,' and not the individuals who are plaintiffs here, owns the registered trademarks sued on in this action.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3425

16 hours ago, Dean said:

I personally love how he called it a money grab tour, nostalgia etc yet it was Pitman himself, interviewed in 2012, saying how Guns N' Roses didn't have to release new music. 

I'm also disappointed that the screens of his outburst at all of us here calling the forum "dildoes" haven't been posted. That's when I thought he took it too far :lol:

He didn't call the fans at mygnrforum dildos, he called whoever is being mygnr (different site) dildos. 

I don't get why people here seem so annoyed by this. Why get upset at Pitman dissing mygnr? 

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

He didn't call the fans at mygnrforum dildos, he called whoever is being mygnr (different site) dildos. 

I don't get why people here seem so annoyed by this. Why get upset at Pitman dissing mygnr? 

Iirc he was under the impression that both the site and the forum were one entity. Iirc he was in contact with the admins here and it was reported that he couldn’t wrap his head around the distinction and the admins inability to change his b day. :lol:

• Like 1

On 5.10.2019 at 6:20 PM, MaskingApathy said:

I would've loved to have seen that happen.

Yeah. Although that doesn't really sound like the Duff of nowadays. For what would he slam him against the wall? For calling it a nostalgia cashgrab? They are playing 30 year old songs and haven't created one single new song since. What else was it gonna be? I'd like to think that Duff is a bit more realistic and intelligent than to take issue with that.

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

2 hours ago, soon said:

Iirc he was under the impression that both the site and the forum were one entity. Iirc he was in contact with the admins here and it was reported that he couldn’t wrap his head around the distinction and the admins inability to change his b day. :lol:

Yes, what soon says, I seem to remember like that too. Maybe @RussTCB can refresh our memories?

Anyway, I'm not annoyed at him for that, it's just another one of those baffling, hilarious episodes in the crazy GNR fan world.

On 5.10.2019 at 8:02 PM, UsedYourIllusion said:

I wonder how pitman feels about Brain, since Brain and Melissa's connection, she essentially usurped Pitman out of the band, guaranteeing they wouldn't need his services..

Uhm, well. She came in, after he managed to get himself kicked out. I'm not sure how you could spin that into making it her (or Brain's) fault.

On 6.10.2019 at 6:06 AM, lame ass security said:

It's really cool that Igazio Sixx Comito had Pitman's back. Just as important as Slash and Duff.😄

Yeah. You seriously have to shake your head at some people's comments. Does he really think that or is he just kissing up to Pitman?! Which both would be equally sad.

3 hours ago, soon said:

Anyways, he specifically complained about mygnr listing his wrong birthday and spelling his name wrong, e.g his problem was with mygnr and not us. 

4 hours ago, Lio said:

Yes, what soon says, I seem to remember like that too. Maybe @RussTCB can refresh our memories?

Anyway, I'm not annoyed at him for that, it's just another one of those baffling, hilarious episodes in the crazy GNR fan world.

The mygnr site and mygnrforum site are separate things. We do not own or have aceess to the mygnr site. We've never had the ability to edit Pitmans info on that page, but he sure seems to think we do. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It’s my belief that he thought that site was affiliated with this and reached out to whoever was running the site back in the day to change the error and wasn’t happy at being told that they had no control over it.

It doesn’t bother me in the slightest, I just find it incredibly childish the way he handled that whole affair and to call the fans “dildoes” topped it off and I thought it lacked class, along with the tweets apologising for his idiotic behaviour.

Everything worked out in the end.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dean said:

It’s my belief that he thought that site was affiliated with this and reached out to whoever was running the site back in the day to change the error and wasn’t happy at being told that they had no control over it.

It doesn’t bother me in the slightest, I just find it incredibly childish the way he handled that whole affair and to call the fans “dildoes” topped it off and I thought it lacked class, along with the tweets apologising for his idiotic behaviour.

Everything worked out in the end.

Maybe mygnr responded to him in a way that warranted being called dildoes? :D

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Maybe mygnr responded to him in a way that warranted being called dildoes? :D

Apologies, I never read the thread. Notification popped up when I came on the site on my phone so it seems a few of them were talking about it!

Ha

”Mr. Pitman, we can’t help you with this.

Have a nice day

P.S.

Silkworms is pish”

For the record, I like Silkworms 😂

On 10/5/2019 at 9:26 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

How odd that he was told to take down his Coachella tweet by management, what was that all about?

Didn’t seem like he’d fallen out with anyone at that point. 

On 10/5/2019 at 9:44 AM, Blackstar said:

Yeah, it's odd.

Maybe they didn't want anything to come out yet about who else would be in the band besides Axl, Slash and Duff, because there were still negotiations and discussions about Izzy and the lineup in general.

Or maybe there were some problems already at rehearsals at the time of his first tweet, and with that he wanted to say he was in the band.

That's what I was thinking, there was still ambiguity about the final lineup and they wanted to keep the mystery until the first show.

On 10/5/2019 at 9:43 AM, soon said:

The alleged incident took place after the socials posts, with one post mocking the request to not speak about Coachella by taking about it even more, and of course the "nostalgia tour... money grab, FU" post.

The story, as Ive heard it, goes that Duff said something like 'thats my band youre taking about' or 'dont fuck with my band'

I would agree that its an overreaction. A funny one though, imho :lol:

Duff and Slash probably saw what a wanker Pitman was to begin with and were angry when he posted those things online (prompting Duff's quote and actions).

13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's what I was thinking, there was still ambiguity about the final lineup and they wanted to keep the mystery until the first show.

Duff and Slash probably saw what a wanker Pitman was to begin with and were angry when he posted those things online (prompting Duff's quote and actions).

Hey - Pitman is my boy @Sosso‘s favorite! :lol:

with the benefit of yours and everyone’s thoughts, I’m kinda leaning towards the negotiations with Izzy. That if Izzy were in there would be no second keyboard player, maybe? But they did not let Pitman know about that conversation? Maybe just wishful thinking.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2019 at 11:16 AM, soon said:

I also like the unsubstantiated claim that Duff threw him up against a wall when Pitman showed up for rehearsal. Which, on the off chance that its a true story, would suggest that Axl didnt fire him (since he showed up for practice) and that maybe Duff did.

I know this just a rumor but do you know how much money I would pay to see Duff in his “punk as fuck” shirt doing that to Pitman? 😂😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.10.2019 at 8:39 PM, loko said:

What was really bothering me - Pitman co-created movie theater teaser of NITL tour.

Anyway yesterday he posted picture form TOOL Rehearsal - o I think he has new job.

where does he post now bikoz the twitter and the facebook accounts of his that i follow stopped being updated in 2016