Why no Street of Dreams?

The Blues was last performed live on December 12, 2012 in Tokyo.

For a long time, that was also the last performance of Madagascar, but they brought that one back.

From a completely selfish standpoint, I think it'd be cool if it's never played again cause I was at that show and it would be forever be "special."   But I know that's not cool.

Then again, the song was played every single time Axl was on stage from 2001 to 2012 so if you missed it, it's kind of your own fault.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Original said:

Ha- “OK never mind”.   What was that all about again? 

I believe he was having problems with his in-ears, or something with the audio. I remember them plucking on him while he kept on singing, getting annoyed. The 'Ok never mind' was because they couldn't fix it or something. Haven't seen the video in a while tho. 

EDIT: Now that I think of it, he was probably already annoyed after throwing out someone wearing a Slash shirt during It's So Easy.

Edited by UcudBmine

14 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

I believe he was having problems with his in-ears, or something with the audio. I remember them plucking on him while he kept on singing, getting annoyed. The 'Ok never mind' was because they couldn't fix it or something. Haven't seen the video in a while tho. 

EDIT: Now that I think of it, he was probably already annoyed after throwing out someone wearing a Slash shirt during It's So Easy.

The edit - LOL.  Sad but probably true.   Axl circa then was fucked up.  

I would love to ser it back in the set. However, I think people who belive Slash is the reason it is not played forget that Axl stopped playing it in 2012 and replaced it with catcher more or less. My guess is he kost interest in it, and has yet to rediscover it. 

No doubt Axl could go full on CD-era vocals on The Blues, but it's probably more like Slash not feeling Robin Finck's out of the box guitar phrasing. They could easily replace Estranged with The Blues, one of their best songs and it works much better in concert. Estranged is by far the best composition but to me it's one of those songs best listened to alone when staring at the wall reflecting about life. So yeah take that out of the set for good and replace it with The Blues, also a piano ballad with a great guitar solo, not as epic, but much more uplifting.

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

A few years ago he could sing the mid section of better every night, now he struggles and or alters the melody to get through it.

Only now? He struggled with better a lot of time in the past. Actually now, he goes for high notes more often than in 2009-2014, the results are often not good tho

Here he sings complete different melody in bridge

No comments..

Here he changes the highest note for lower one too

His voice in 2016 was awesome..

3 hours ago, adamsapple said:

No doubt Axl could go full on CD-era vocals on The Blues, but it's probably more like Slash not feeling Robin Finck's out of the box guitar phrasing. They could easily replace Estranged with The Blues, one of their best songs and it works much better in concert. Estranged is by far the best composition but to me it's one of those songs best listened to alone when staring at the wall reflecting about life. So yeah take that out of the set for good and replace it with The Blues, also a piano ballad with a great guitar solo, not as epic, but much more uplifting.

Please no!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Just no.... Blasphemy to suggest replacing a classic era song with something from CD, nevermind Estranged...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just no.... Blasphemy to suggest replacing a classic era song with something from CD, nevermind Estranged...

I could see Estranged working better live when used to open the encore but where they play it now it just doesn't have the impact the song could have.

Seems like every few months this comes up, so I might as well go ahead and get my head caved in again:

I do not believe they will ever do The Blues with Slash in the band. I truly believe it's about Slash. I think it's the only song on CD that's about him. 

Yes. I'm serious. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Seems like every few months this comes up, so I might as well go ahead and get my head caved in again:

I do not believe they will ever do The Blues with Slash in the band. I truly believe it's about Slash. I think it's the only song on CD that's about him. 

Yes. I'm serious. 

I was always sceptical about this but you sold me on the theory a while back. I'm now a fully paid up believer. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is far too tender to be about Slash,

All the love in the world 
Couldn't save you
All the innocence inside

To the feelings that I felt
I saved for you and no one else

Everywhere I go I see you
Though it's what you planned 

What I thought was beautiful
Don't live inside of you 
Anymore

What I thought of you now

Those are some ''romantic'' notions directed at old peed-in jeans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yes. I'm serious. 

I thought Sorry was allegedly about Slash?   And I always assumed The Blues was about Stephanie.  Who knows....at end of the day they are probably just songs with lyrics that work.   

Great song!; one of the highlights on CD and a proper single like Better. It lost its main stage billing in 2012 and disappeared. Would love to see Slash Finck it, but Axl seems to have abandoned it. As a die hard fan, not all of Slash’s solos for CD live have worked. I refer to Sorry and Catcher, as he finally found his way into This I Love and decided not to outdo Buckethead, by leaving the Madagascar solo to Fortus. Better,TWAT, Prostitute & CD are on the money though. IMO

15 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Thank god no one listens to you. Replace one of GNR best song with that whiny pile of crap? Seriously? :facepalm: A request as genius as the one that asked to take Coma out of the setlist. Some of you people are so clueless.

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yes. I'm serious. 

I honestly think it’s more because for whatever reason they dropped it in ‘12 and simply haven’t brought it back since. 

On 10/5/2019 at 5:38 PM, Original said:

Who woulda thought he could pull off Coma again? Motivated Axl can pull anything off if he wants.  See Axl/DC.  

Absolutely, Axl with AC/DC was amazing. He sounded many times better than he does with GN'R, and I saw each in 2016 only months apart.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Thank god no one listens to you. Replace one of GNR best song with that whiny pile of crap? Seriously? :facepalm: A request as genius as the one that asked to take Coma out of the setlist. Some of you people are so clueless.

I have yet to hear a live version of Estranged that can keep up with the studio version, with The Blues it's the opposite: the studio version kinda sucks compared to the song in concert. Estranged is my fav GNR tune but at this point I'd much rather have The Blues or Breakdown in concert and see them replace/rotate Coma with Locomotive. Estranged is ten minutes and Coma is another ten minutes and in concert (!) none of them can keep up with their current rendition of Rocket Queen wich is another ten minutes but a live keeper. Add to this KOHD and all the crappy covers and you have roundabout 90 minutes of a lot of energy going down the drain when they could play so many other great songs they rarely ever play.

• GNFNR 1