Rough Mixes CD #2 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

27 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

The fact that we now have all 19 discs makes Scraped a much more interesting song IMO. It's now the only song from the album we really don't know the origins of - none of the ideas in the song come from any of these instrumentals, we don't know when it was written, when vocals were laid down, we didn't even know the song existed until the tracklist was released for the album. It's true that TIL isn't represented in the locker discs either, but we know it's origins, we know it was abandoned for a long time and brought back into the fold relatively late - Scraped we still know literally nothing about. 

Bucket and Brain were both on Scraped, so that means it's a 2002-2004 composition

Edited by TheSeeker

29 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm actually glad the locker leaks are over. That shit was exhuasting. Way too much time checking the boards, lol.

Now its right to the mystery of hard drives galore...so in reality we are just getting started.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm still curious about that fax page - which I believe as being real - and what the list of songs in it meant, as well as when it was from. Scraped was in the list.

I'm also in the "real" camp; I think it was songs for albums #1 and 2 of Chinese ready to go at the time it was printed, but it's gotta be from at the earliest 2002.  The only tracks from it that are a total mystery are Seven and Dragon, All I Ever Wanted seems like a working title for Better.

• Like 2

Didn’t realize that this version of Quicksong was different from the ones we had before, both vocally and musically (still just gibberish lyrics tho).

its gonna take me forever to figure out how to organize all of this!

i think I like this version of Zodiac better too. Still instrumental, but some slight differences!

Edited by rocknroll41

Completed a mix for I'm Sorry w vocals and some of the lead guitar. Takes a bit of editing, so not exactly a line it up and play in Audacity. Had to throw it in Logic for some copy/paste as certain sections in the 2nd half don't lineup and the demo doesn't fit all of the verses. 

It's really an angry dark song at its core. In it's scaled back form, you get more of that feeling than the tongue in cheek/anthemic chorus version you get on the official release. I think it pairs well with Perhaps. Axl had a lot of varying emotions during this period and I think some of these songs were his way of working through them. 

Edited by guitarpatch

3 hours ago, mcmurray said:

I'm not convinced on this particular version. Listen closely.

It sounds like Robin had first crack at it, then Bucket rerecorded it for the album version. Just like Madagascar's lead parts.

Are you talking about this leak version, or the album? On the album it's 100% Bucket. This leak sounds a lot like Robin.

The leak its 100% bucket.no doubt it just different take.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like this ITW? The Antiquiet and final album versions are both better. Idk why. They just sound “tighter” to me, for some reason.

Me too. It isn’t really appealing to me

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like this ITW? The Antiquiet and final album versions are both better. Idk why. They just sound “tighter” to me, for some reason.

I prefer the Antiquiet mixes also. Just wish that we had the full album in those mixes.

• Like 1

wow! Shankler is so fkin raw! Sounds like Buckethead on steroids! The final version is much more "polite" sounding... but fk... do I prefer the raw sound of Shankler!

"Sorry" guitar, reminds me of Darth Wader... its like buckethead was going for a morbid imperial march theme! 

Mustache sounds like Buff version of Lords of Karma by Satriani pwnsome!

Had a go at mixing the sorry vocals into the track.  

because these are not stems, but rather a un-edited semi-finished track, it's hard to mix the vocals directly into the project. The vocal stems are also already processed, so adding any wet effects muddies up the mix way more than needed. 

Put it this way. With the vocals, I'd much rather prefer the finished version we got w/ bucket. Just saying. Its interesting to hear what Pitman was doing with some effects, but other than that the finished version would be the A+ version of this uncut demo. 

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Same here.. The Album Version is "thighter", especially in the verses... 

49 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Had a go at mixing the sorry vocals into the track.  

because these are not stems, but rather a un-edited semi-finished track, it's hard to mix the vocals directly into the project. The vocal stems are also already processed, so adding any wet effects muddies up the mix way more than needed. 

Put it this way. With the vocals, I'd much rather prefer the finished version we got w/ bucket. Just saying. Its interesting to hear what Pitman was doing with some effects, but other than that the finished version would be the A+ version of this uncut demo. 

I just did the same experiment. The end result is a mix which really sounds like a demo, quite raw but not WOW! interesting.

Edited by JMB-GNR