Rough Mixes CD #2 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

On 08/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, Voodoochild said:

Riad was my obsession back then. I searched for every single forum and mailing list and never found anything to back up this statement. I do remember people calling Riad as Oklahoma because of the misunderstood.

Saw it on lost rose.com back then. It had oklahoma on it

Edited by username05

The thing that makes this version of ITW so interesting is that this was arguably the most complete in 2000/2001, which I’d have never guessed. I mean any other song that was nearly complete on these discs had some tangible changes made by 2008 - added guitar solos, alternate intros, etc. ITW is nearly identical on this disc to the Antiquiet version. 

41 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

The thing that makes this version of ITW so interesting is that this was arguably the most complete in 2000/2001, which I’d have never guessed. I mean any other song that was nearly complete on these discs had some tangible changes made by 2008 - added guitar solos, alternate intros, etc. ITW is nearly identical on this disc to the Antiquiet version. 

That's because this song was mostly done by Chris Pitman. He did most of the production and played most of the instruments. 

• GNFNR 1

33 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Nice surprise with If the World having vocals, very similar to the antiquiet leak as mentioned above, which makes you wonder why Axl couldn't let the album go. Such little was done to the chosen tracks on the album that made much difference, apart from Buckets solo on TWAT 

I think if anything these leaks have proven that whatever happened in '02 that caused the 6-year delay was outside the music

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I think if anything these leaks have proven that whatever happened in '02 that caused the 6-year delay was outside the music

Im talkin out of my ass... but if I were to guess, I'd say that Interscope stopped paying the studio time.

That would explain the 2002 tour, as a way to fund the album completion. VMA was probably a boost for negotiating a new contract with Interscope, as a proof that the band is still relevant.  in 2003 the album was probably finished again... and after that God only can guess. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, username05 said:

Im talkin out of my ass... but if I were to guess, I'd say that Interscope stopped paying the studio time.

That would explain the 2002 tour, as a way to fund the album completion. VMA was probably a boost for negotiating a new contract with Interscope, as a proof that the band is still relevant.  in 2003 the album was probably finished again... and after that God only can guess. 

Yeah that's the issue ... We still don't have any clear indication as to why the album wasn't released between '99-'02 ... Now with these leaks it really brings in to question what exactly was going on behind-the-scenes between '03-'08 ... What's needed is a legit history for this entire era '98-'08 but unfortunately because of what has transpired & the lack of material released as well as the nature of this band I doubt we'll ever know the full truth .. Even half of the truth .. 

Chinese Whispers is fantastic, but, some poor soul is going to have a doozy of a time writing a proper book one day!

Is there truth to the idea that the band signed NDA's that ever prevent them from speaking in depth about the recording process at all?

32 minutes ago, Creed said:

1 CD was done by 2002, imo. The unconfirmed shooting of the CITR music video, the album cover presentation in HK + Axl even told in Leeds that they have 28 songs done. However i doubt his double album talk...

I think the VMA show was treated as a disaster at Interscope. The 2002 tour had just a few dates with a 10k+ audience. The tour plan was hard. No time to relax the next days. And some people here said that Bucket was bullied by Tommy and Del and had a bad relationship with Finck. I'm pretty sure Bucket quitted GnR after december 5th, 2002. Axl tried to convince Bucket of a comeback. The guys had time to change their band look. But i absolutely dont know what happened between 2003-2004 and 2004-2006.

Not sure about the VMA creating much of an issue. 

The 2002 canceled tour was a huge thing. That’s what killed the momentum. Bucket leaving was probably a bigger thing behind the scenes 

I know agents were holding venue dates in both 04/05 through people in music biz school at the time. I just don’t think they had a band to play them or they were just holding out hope that Bucket would come back once they were planned. He was a big part of what they wanted to do and obviously over all of the songs 

4 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

So... This is it? Or do we expect anything else to leak? 2010 album? Axls autobio? 

Nothing else is out there. It's all bs rumors and trolling. The leaks are done. No one has The General or Tonto with vox because they don't exist on hoarder hands. If they did.. we would already know by now. Where's the proof? All that exists is VMA rehearsal and maybe pro shoots of shows.. that's it. Keep expectations low :)

Edited by DarkLotus1111

13 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Nothing else is out there. It's all bs rumors and trolling. The leaks are done. No one has The General or Tonto with vox because they don't exist on hoarder hands. If they did.. we would already know by now. Where's the proof? All that exists is VMA rehearsal and maybe pro shoots of shows.. that's it. Keep expectations low :)

The reliable person putting out the timely as promised leaks also talked about "hard drives galore" so I would be very confident the leaks are far from over outside of that locker.

I say keep expectations very high.

Edited by ax1

27 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Before the Locker leaked, we knew nothing of state of Grace , perhaps, eye on me etc. although I’m skeptical there is more we will get, I have to believe there is stuff recorded that we have no idea exists. Maybe one day

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

31 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Im having trouble finding that hard drives galore poem (can someone help us with that?) but to add on top of it all, RMD4 included this statement.

"Our efforts won't cease, we'll keep on digging.
To bring your ears up to speed on what you've been missing.
So much more is out there, even if they say it ain't true.
Next target located, the VMA rehearsals from '02"

Edited by ax1

The drumming on I'm Sorry is much better than Frank's CD version.
Listen Frank's 1/8 high hat pattern vs Brain's 1/16 pattern. Brain also throws in open hi hat notes.
Brain's drumming has a lot more soul.

The strings in the background and louder echo/reverb effects on the drums give it a Portishead meets Pink Floyd vibe.

Too many layers of Axl on the CD version, too many layers of other things… should've kept it simple and stripped down. Only a guitar accompaniment on the verses is missing from this version. I like the loud synth effects ebbing and flying through the verses as well.

Edited by yoshimura
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Whàts supposed to be on 'Hard drives galore'? Do we know?

I really wish I had a clue but I have no idea...nice tease though.

If there is anything I could wish for is a better stash of UYI demos, especially the original This I Love which who knows, maybe Axl does have it still in his private vault, or the guy who meant to destroy it staged the cassettes death or copied it prior.

Edited by ax1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, yoshimura said:

The drumming on I'm Sorry is much better than Frank's CD version.
Has more soul. The strings in the background and louder echo/reverb effects on the drums give it a Portishead meets Pink Floyd vibe.

Too many layers of Axl on the CD version, too many layers of other things… should've kept it simple and stripped down. Only a guitar accompaniment on the verses is missing from this version. I like the loud sound effects ebbing and flying through the verses as well.

Brain plays on Sorry on the album. Very likely that he also plays on the leak

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Brain plays on Sorry on the album. Very likely that he also plays on the leak

Thanks for clarifying! The drumming on the leak still has a much better groove.

Too many layers in general going on in the official version.

Edited by yoshimura

1 hour ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

None of us expected this last month.  Don't be so absolute.  Who knows what the future will hold?

6 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

None of us expected this last month.  Don't be so absolute.  Who knows what the future will hold?

Im really hoping that we get a UYI Box Set with lots of vault goodies....even if its official and we have to pay for it (shyt, if Axl officially released the recent locker vault Id buy it anyways for my collection,) I think its very realistic that maybe on its 25th in just a short couple years we could be in for an incredible treat!

Edited by ax1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, ax1 said:

Im really hoping that we get a UYI Box Set with lots of vault goodies....even if its official and we have to pay for it (shyt, if Axl officially released the recent locker vault Id buy it anyways for my collection,) I think its very realistic that maybe on its 25th in just a short couple years we could be in for an incredible treat!

I dont wanna have Aint Going Down as a new single

• Like 2