Rough Mixes CD #2 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Am i going absolutely insane, or did I read somewhere at some point that Axl shared a studio with Shaq? Del James said they were in there "rapping" till 4am or something. Am I wrong in thinking anything on this disk he could have rapper over? Even ITW....

They didnt record anything.

Shaq just goofed around with Paul & Dizzy just because they were at the same building

2 hours ago, titchy000 said:

What is supposed to be the Sympathy Disc ? Is it part of the Zutaut locker bundle ?

The Sympathy disc, Dragon, All I Ever Wanted, "the 21st disc" etc is all bullshit. I asked Rick about it when he reappeared recently to answer questions about the locker, and his silence spoke volumes.

We shouldn't have to keep putting up with this fake info bullshit. Have we not had enough of that over the years? It's pathetic dick swinging.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

The Sympathy disc, Dragon, All I Ever Wanted, "the 21st disc" etc is all bullshit. I asked Rick about it when he reappeared recently to answer questions about the locker, and his silence spoke volumes.

We shouldn't have to keep putting up with this fake info bullshit. Have we not had enough of that over the years? It's pathetic dick swinging.

Thanks for clearing that up ;)

14 minutes ago, Creed said:

Me, too. The only positive thing about it is that they re-worked Shacklers Revenge, which means that there were some major developments on some songs through the years.

The rest is pretty bad. They deleted the best part from Zodiac, which was the Led Zeppelin guitar at minute 2:00. Quick Song sounds totally overblown and overproduced on this disc. I know, its just mumbling and back vocals, but why did Axl scream over the solo?

Pitmans sound engineering is horrible for GnR :( it simply doesn't fit in GnR.

Axls Mickey Mouse voice on Eye On You sounds like they cut of his balls...

and last but not least: still searching for the 14,000,000$ production sounds. Can't hear them at all.

There's different versions of Zodiac? And I love the Eye On You vocals hehe

1 hour ago, Creed said:

The rest is pretty bad. They deleted the best part from Zodiac, which was the Led Zeppelin guitar at minute 2:00. Quick Song sounds totally overblown and overproduced on this disc. I know, its just mumbling and back vocals, but why did Axl scream over the solo?

The Rough Mix 1-4 discs were dated earlier than the others, so these were the earliest mixes that we have. The first versions of Quick Song and Zodiac to leak were actually the latest mixes from the discs, so parts were actually added, not deleted.

1 hour ago, Creed said:

and last but not least: still searching for the 14,000,000$ production sounds. Can't hear them at all.

It was $13mil by the time the label stopped funding in 2005. This would have been much earlier in the process, and most of the money spent since then would have just been spent on renting unused instruments, engineers sat twiddling their thumbs, and Brain rerecording Josh's drum parts but with his feel.

P.R.L. reminds me of the quote from Moby when he was involved where he said there's a lot of loops and GN'R is doing them better than anyone else - I feel like that's one of the songs he was referencing. It's really grown on me since I first heard it, it's pretty out there for GN'R but I really dig it for what it is. Hard to picture how guitars or vocals would've been worked into it. 

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

This version of ITW is starting to grow on me!

It’s actually quite good. The thing I like about the 2000 intentions songs is that they all have room to breathe. Your not being bombarded with a million layers at once. That being said IRS and TWAT did need some work. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

It's what I've been saying lol 

A song called Dragon... like Axl would give it a dumb name lol