Jump to content

Guns n Roses Ban Fan From Shows Due to Song Leaks (Link)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Rick went on every platform he could to tell everyone "Hi, my name's Rick Dunsford and I'm on my way to buy 19 CDs of unreleased music!", he really can't be suprised that he has fans on one side

Smart move 10/10

Fernando: Who are you?  Rick: Not Rick. 

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

Because it's about attention seeking. If you take a step back, and look at this subjectively, placing your personal feelings about the bands management to one side, its very simple. 

It's extortion and a shake down for more money.

They paid him money as compensation, and this person now whats more. 

The band and its management have a right to remove or refuse entry to a show, if they deem it necessary.

Don't over complicate something, that is that simple to understand, why that person was advised, to no longer attend Gun N Roses concerts in the future. 

The band and its management are not the ones in the wrong, as they are simply pretecting their interests.

I didn't say the band and management was wrong, I'm saying that Rick could've avoided this whole mess by keeping his mouth shut about the whole purchasing the CDs thing. If he wanted to buy it fine, but don't go telling the whole world.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

He named his son Axl too.

:facepalm: That's past the point of obsession.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why get involved with Alfred again after all of that drama with the HOB video and posting about how he and his friends were threatening him and his kids? Knowing what he’s like and what’s he’d been doing to the rest of the fan base...

Of course he’s going to rat you out and chuck you under the bus. 

His post history here totally looks like the intent was to leak everything, I can see why people reading it would think that of him. 

Still feel bad for him for being banned from shows though. That’s harsh. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just another case of TB barking up the wrong tree. They probably just mean well in regards to protecting Axl, but they seem to lack communicative finetuning wich hurts the band.

From what I understand the guy didn't leak anything but just happened to be the next best person to take revenge on as they couldn't get a hold of the actual leakers. If I would have such issues with a fan, unless they are stalking or threatening me I would just invite them backstage and have a civil conversation over coffee, clearing things out in a proper adult manner, perhaps gathering information about the actual leakers and making it clear me not condoning this shit doesn't make me their enemy. If the sane route goes nowhere there is still the legal route.

Banning someone from your shows because he might somehow be involved in leaks or not from hearsay is just an amok revenge move that after no bad press for a long time makes GNR look very uncool in the public eye again.

It all comes down to TB having personal/family ties to the artist, so their decisions, actions and communicaton will always be based on or at least very influenced by emotions rather than logic - burning way too many bridges in the long run. A proper publicist is to make allies not enemies for the band. In case the job is ever vacant I hereby apply and I promise the next day all GNR/fans relations will be so much smoother for everyone. :lol:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The GNR camp is what it is. Super fan or not, leaking CDs worth of material was never going to go down well and, frankly, he’s gotten off lightly. Whoever actually leaked the stuff, he put himself in the spotlight for the clout and bragging rights. Difficult to resist, I’m sure, but it was the wrong move.
 

But it speaks of a bigger problem of an act that is now furious that its fan base got to hear music after waiting 20 years for it to be put out officially. Easiest way to control leaks is to release the music you make yourself. It’s not rocket science. Axl ain’t Prince. Prince might have the bigger vault but he never stopped putting out new music.

Axl and his management screwed GNR over more than piracy ever could.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bdinan said:

How can anyone actually respect Axl Rose? Seriously, we've all put up with so much of his fuckery. His sideshow band, his mediocre album, his shot voice, his temper tantrums, his sham cash grab reunion. Guy is lucky to have any fans at this point. 

Seriously, fuck Axl. 

:lol:

I really don't know actually. Sometimes I think that if Axl would have released Chinese Democracy in 2001, I would not be here on this forum.

Because that's the thing... it was the mystery, and the fans / community around it that would feed this mystery.

We all love to solve a puzzle. And with Team Brazil it also became a real life soap.

It's not really about Axl and his music anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How you gonna ban someone from shows, a non-famous person at that, what, have his picture handed out to everyone working the doors?  I personally like The Clash's approach to bootlegging and piracy, if you can get away with it more power to ya, we ain't gonna bother chasing you but if we catch you we're gonna kick your head in, GnR should do that, wait til he turns up to a gig, if he catches your eye give him a hiding and then call it evens :lol:

1:03, see, there's a reasonable approach to this sort of thing :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bdinan said:

How can anyone actually respect Axl Rose? Seriously, we've all put up with so much of his fuckery. His sideshow band, his mediocre album, his shot voice, his temper tantrums, his sham cash grab reunion. Guy is lucky to have any fans at this point. 

Seriously, fuck Axl. 

Maybe you should go find another band to be a fan of?

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand why Team Brazil are pissed off and he did break the contract. So I think a fair thing would be to ban him from the shows until he pays them money back and leave it at that. This is not going to hurt album sales one bit help if anything.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Just another case of TB barking up the wrong tree. They probably just mean well in regards to protecting Axl, but they seem to lack communicative finetuning wich hurts the band.

From what I understand the guy didn't leak anything but just happened to be the next best person to take revenge on as they couldn't get a hold of the actual leakers. If I would have such issues with a fan, unless they are stalking or threatening me I would just invite them backstage and have a civil conversation over coffee, clearing things out in a proper adult manner, perhaps gathering information about the actual leakers and making it clear me not condoning this shit doesn't make me their enemy. If the sane route goes nowhere there is still the legal route.

Banning someone from your shows because he might somehow be involved in leaks or not from hearsay is just an amok revenge move that after no bad press for a long time makes GNR look very uncool in the public eye again.

It all comes down to TB having personal/family ties to the artist, so their decisions, actions and communicaton will always be based on or at least very influenced by emotions rather than logic - burning way too many bridges in the long run. A proper publicist is to make allies not enemies for the band. In case the job is ever vacant I hereby apply and I promise the next day all GNR/fans relations will be so much smoother for everyone. :lol:

Could be Axl's decision! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

In my view slash has the highest power and without him this tour would not have had the attendance and being the money making machine it has. If he is making 500k per show he is money well spent.

If slash walks the tour goes kaboom. Axl will be having DJ back in the band.Slash having seprate mgt and counsel is very smart.

That's an interesting and possibly accurate way to see things.

My question was more about the actual business perspective though....e.g who is running this band and makes the final decisions.

The Big Three might be equal in terms of making all the decisions after Slash and Duff joined.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

That's an interesting and possibly accurate way to see things.

My question was more about the actual business perspective though....e.g who is running this band and makes the final decisions.

The Big Three might be equal in terms of making all the decisions after Slash and Duff joined.

 

I imagine they play a game of scissors, paper, rock and the winner takes control of that particular business decision.

Edited by vloors
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, downliner said:

I agree with @vloors. I'm amazed that @axlrosefan4life is now actively pursuing the media and looking for attention. I think he got off lightly all things considered, and he should just lay low for a while until this all blows over. Just because he hasn't been sued yet doesn't mean they're not actively building a case against him, and everything he says right now could be documented as evidence against him.

Team Brazil, or Axl, is obviously pretty pissed with Ricks actions if they've gone to the trouble of banning him. Going to the media and drawing more attention to this whole shitshow isn't going to win them over :lol:

If they sued him, the likely outcome would be a court order to return the CDs and delete/destroy all copies.  For GNR to get a financial reward, they'd have to prove that he actually was the leaker AND they'd have to show financial damage due to the leaks AND that, at the time of the leak, he knew or should have known that the material did not belong to the person that owned the locker.  Financial damage would be very difficult to calculate especially given the history of (not) releasing new music.  It would be very difficult to convince a jury that leaks of 10 year old, unreleased songs caused financial damage to GNR.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

That's an interesting and possibly accurate way to see things.

My question was more about the actual business perspective though....e.g who is running this band and makes the final decisions.

The Big Three might be equal in terms of making all the decisions after Slash and Duff joined.

 

I agree with your statement. The big 3 make the decisions, they expect TB to make it happen along i wpuld say other live nation representatives if the decisions are about touring. Im sure wiyh tge way band management decisions were made by others managers during the illusion years, the band have learnt from past mistakes and insist on making major decisions themselves.

Edited by Sydney Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

That sounds like a really professional way of handling things. Just as professional as all the other things going on in this band :lol:

They cast their vote via paper and put in a gnr laundry bag and whatever decision comes out of the bag thats what they will do.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...