Dj Ashba proves he is shitter than ever

Towelie

21 minutes ago, Towelie said:

DJ being shit is something that shouldn't need any more proof. We've known it for years. Kind of like the earth being round. But there are still some delusional people who think the earth is flat and DJ is decent. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mendez said:

It aint Frusciante,

No it ain't. But John is freakishly talented, like Jimi was in a way and he had a much better chemistry with the peppers so maybe it's not a very effective comparison. Navarro is great though. He is capable of being melodic but I feel like his style is cool and original enough that he can get away with not being as traditional as many other players when it comes to melody. (which is extremely important, at least to me) doesn't seem like it's his goal to be as melodic as most. His personality comes through his playing and is compelling enough I think.

He comes from an art rock band so it's not surprising that he's not the most melodic player in the world but he is a very gifted player with tons of feel and technique and it's not like his playing lacks direction. It's not just mindless noodling, he is saying something with his guitar lines and mostly it serves the songs imo. Very unique player.

Edited by Rovim

melody, if you really think about it, is as...whats the word?  Mindless as a concept as mindless tapping and shredding.  I mean its literally maths isn't it, when you think about it.  The value is in feeling and emotion and putting that into playing...and thats something that just can't be taught.  Johnny Ramone is one of the simplest guitarist I've ever heard...but damn he got some emotion out of me and million of Ramones fans over the years, even if 90% of that emotion amounts to leaping up and down on the spot. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

melody, if you really think about it, is as...whats the word?  Mindless as a concept as mindless tapping and shredding.  I mean its literally maths isn't it, when you think about it.  The value is in feeling and emotion and putting that into playing...and thats something that just can't be taught.  Johnny Ramone is one of the simplest guitarist I've ever heard...but damn he got some emotion out of me and million of Ramones fans over the years, even if 90% of that emotion amounts to leaping up and down on the spot. 

So in other words, Len is saying Ashba is shit.

21 hours ago, Towelie said:

To be fair, loads of guitarists shred using the five pentatonic shapes. 

You start a thread titled "Dj Ashba proves he is shitter than ever" and then when I comment in agreement, that I too am not impressed, you say this^^^ :o

I mean, theres gotta be a rule against this?!? :lol: What a set up!!:P :lol:

• Haha 1